[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greatest QB of all-time

keggerz

Who is the greatest QB of all-time  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest QB of all-time?

nope

How does he not deserve it?

466 yards with 2-1 isnt that special when u throw it 65 times and have the ball for 40 mins of the game.. White had 1/3 of Bradys yards alone which mostly were gained after the catch and he caught the most super bowl catches in history. He scored 3 tds plus a 2 pt conversion including the super bowl winning td by fighting the ball across the goaline. Wasn't even close imo.. Writers get 80% of the vote, guess it makes a more perfect story.

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 2

How does he not deserve it?

466 yards with 2-1 isnt that special when u throw it 65 times and have the ball for 40 mins of the game.. White had 1/3 of Bradys yards alone which mostly were gained after the catch and he caught the most super bowl catches in history. He scored 3 tds plus a 2 pt conversion including the super bowl winning td by fighting the ball across the goaline. Wasn't even close imo.. Writers get 80% of the vote, guess it makes a more perfect story.

Gotta understand the game and what Brady means to that team and every player in the Huddle on offense. The guy is magic, white is just one of his props.

When people say that Brady, Montana, or Rice are the best ever, I can't help but think a lot of their success is due to their coach. Peyton Manning, on the other hand, did it all himself. If Manning had been on the Patriots, I bet he'd have 5 rings, too.

Child please.

• Like 1

Brady is obviously the GOAT, because everyone knew he was going to win that game even Atlanta once they got to within 8. The game was lost by Ryan and the coaching staff. After the Julio catch that got them to the NE 20 the only thing to do was to get 3 points and win the SB. After the sack they still had a chance to kick the FG had they of run the football but no, they dropped back again and holding, out of FG range. Ball game. Once they punted and gave Brady 3 minutes to rip their hearts out it was over. Especially knowing how long the Atlanta D was on the field. Had they of kicked a FG on first down they would have won that game.

Had to put points on the board on that drive but they played stupidly and handed the game to the GOAT. Sure Brady had to make the plays but we all knew he would if given the chance.

IMO Brady proved he is the best of the best but Atlanta pulled one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history. The best offense in football couldn't put up one single point in 4th. Ridiculous. Even when the points were there for the taking they choked them away too.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 2

When you are so good that coaches do dumb things or take bad risks to try and beat you, you've won psychologically as well. My level of respect for the Patriots, and Belichick/Brady in particular was high heading into the SB, but anyone that argues they aren't the best of all time is truly delusional. Outstanding coaching and player development.

Inexplicably the Falcons (and the Seahawks) made terrible decisions that play directly into the hands of the Patriots. Taking risks that provide the Patriots with the only possible blueprint to make an improbable comeback. Third and one? Deep drop back results in strip sack. FG range? Deep drop back, don't throw away the ball, big sack. Why do coaches do these things?

Major props Hoodie and Brady. I hate you with every fiber of my being, but was truly in awe last night.

• Like 1

Brady himself today, at the MVP presentation, said White should have been MVP. Having said that, I agree Brady deserved it. QB has the ball in his hands every play, he made correct decisions and calls to get them back into the game in the 3rd Q, and while White set records and kicked butt, he didn't blow the doors off with his playmaking ability or anything, his stats were compiled because Brady used him to get them back in the game. (Blount's fumble probably helped White's play time). So while White had better stats, Brady deserved the MVP.

that said, I wouldn't have argued if White had won it. Regardless, as a Buc fan I'm delirious over the Falcons' loss and future SB hangover next year! Losing their OC, losing the SB, and already griping about contracts DURING SB week (!!!!) will all contribute to them not reaching the SB again IMO.

• Like 1

No question he is the GOAT.... Just a jaw dropping moment in a career where you didn't think the jaw could drop any further

Yep, pulled off the impossible, the improbable and perhaps the most unbelievable win of all time. I don't think a single person believed even the mighty NE Patriots could pull off that kind of come back. I can't stand the Pats because they win so much but even I have to tip my hat to the way they found a way to take advantage of every single opportunity left to them by Atlanta without a single mistake.

Have to agree with you. I didn't think my jaw could drop any further.

I think he's probably the greatest of all time. But I can't help wondering if I'd think that had Seattle and ATL not handed him two rings

Yep, I can't think of another team that has been the beneficiary of such horrible play calling, mistakes and chokes. Seattle wins if they hand the ball to Lynch, Atlanta wins if they take the ball out of Ryan's hands on 3rd and 1 (Fumble) or kick the field goal once on the 22 instead of letting Ryan take a sack then holding on two pass plays. It's like the other teams lose their minds when playing the Pats.

• Like 1

Yes that discussion is over, and yes I would have given the MVP to white as well. He was money!

Brady himself today, at the MVP presentation, said White should have been MVP. Having said that, I agree Brady deserved it. QB has the ball in his hands every play, he made correct decisions and calls to get them back into the game in the 3rd Q, and while White set records and kicked butt, he didn't blow the doors off with his playmaking ability or anything, his stats were compiled because Brady used him to get them back in the game. (Blount's fumble probably helped White's play time). So while White had better stats, Brady deserved the MVP.

that said, I wouldn't have argued if White had won it. Regardless, as a Buc fan I'm delirious over the Falcons' loss and future SB hangover next year! Losing their OC, losing the SB, and already griping about contracts DURING SB week (!!!!) will all contribute to them not reaching the SB again IMO.

Well, Brady has similar feelings:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18631432/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-james-white-deserves-mvp-truck

Edited by Shaft

I think Brady is a legend. BB as well. My only issue with the Pats is that they have a cakewalk division and its been that way for a while. Their uniforms barely get dirty until the AFC championship game . You play who is put in front of you , I get that , but it must be nice to be able to win the division on cruise control year after year

• Like 2

I think Brady is a legend. BB as well. My only issue with the Pats is that they have a cakewalk division and its been that way for a while. Their uniforms barely get dirty until the AFC championship game . You play who is put in front of you , I get that , but it must be nice to be able to win the division on cruise control year after year

While I agree with this sentiment, they do rise to the occasion when needed, except against the Giants. :brow:

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 2

Yep, I can't think of another team that has been the beneficiary of such horrible play calling, mistakes and chokes. Seattle wins if they hand the ball to Lynch, Atlanta wins if they take the ball out of Ryan's hands on 3rd and 1 (Fumble) or kick the field goal once on the 22 instead of letting Ryan take a sack then holding on two pass plays. It's like the other teams lose their minds when playing the Pats.

Anyone that believes Seattle surely wins if they hand the ball to Lynch is just dumb. That season he had converted a score from the 1 just 1 out of 5 times. To assume he scores it is idiotic. More than that, the Patriots still would have had time to run down the field to win. I believe like 1 minute left? Not like Tom didn't prove he can move the ball down the field quickly or anything.

• Like 2

Anyone that believes Seattle surely wins if they hand the ball to Lynch is just dumb. That season he had converted a score from the 1 just 1 out of 5 times. To assume he scores it is idiotic. More than that, the Patriots still would have had time to run down the field to win. I believe like 1 minute left? Not like Tom didn't prove he can move the ball down the field quickly or anything.

And in the 2015 season, there were 109 throws from the 1 yard line in the NFL and zero interceptions until Wilson's. Also, the Seahawks had to pass the ball on either 2nd or 3rd down in order to get 3 more plays. If they had run it on both 2nd and 3rd down, there would have been no 4th down. But arguing these points on this board is impossible. No one will listen to big picture analysis. People here believe it was the one yard line therefore you should run it. These are the same people who constantly criticize offensive coordinators for poor play calling.

• Like 1