[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts cheating?

tdybaz

I have seen a complete dearth of this being talked about:

Pre-game, NFL Network, Deion Sanders was arguing with LaDainian Tomlinson about the impact of Spygate on the Patriots' historical standing when, suddenly, Deion said something I'd never heard. He said the Colts were stealing the defensive signals of the opposing team routinely, and while LaDainian said they weren't recorded so it wasn't illegal, Deion again hammered that they'd just tell Peyton what the defense was doing and they "did this for years." LaDainian didn't say a word against it, which just bolstered Deion's argument and comments. I feel like I imagined it because NO ONE said anything else about it either on TV or in writing, that I've found.

Just thought it was really interesting. Yes it's not illegal without recording equipment, but Deion seemed to hint that something unsportsman or illegal was going on.

True, but it wasn't just Deion's vehemence, but LaDainian's non-arguing that sold it for me... he seemed, nonverbally, to acknowledge that Deion was right in what he was saying, which I found interesting.

Tomlinson doesn't know what he's talking about. Taping signals and recording them was legal at the time. It was supposed to be done from a certain location with a roof (ie, upper level where the all 22's are filmed from). NE did it from the sidelines. That was the rule they broke. It wasn't that they were taping, it was where they were taping from.

• Like 2

Tomlinson doesn't know what he's talking about. Taping signals and recording them was legal at the time. It was supposed to be done from a certain location with a roof (ie, upper level where the all 22's are filmed from). NE did it from the sidelines. That was the rule they broke. It wasn't that they were taping, it was where they were taping from.

I thought the thread and discussion was about what the Colts were doing, not the Pats. Besides I'm not sure how Deion or LT would have intimate knowledge of what the Colts were doing, neither of them were ever on the team. I think Deion is just pissing in the wind, he loves to complain loudly about stuff.

Pre-game, NFL Network, Deion Sanders was arguing with LaDainian Tomlinson about the impact of Spygate on the Patriots' historical standing when, suddenly, Deion said something I'd never heard. He said the Colts were stealing the defensive signals of the opposing team routinely, and while LaDainian said they weren't recorded so it wasn't illegal, Deion again hammered that they'd just tell Peyton what the defense was doing and they "did this for years." LaDainian didn't say a word against it, which just bolstered Deion's argument and comments. I feel like I imagined it because NO ONE said anything else about it either on TV or in writing, that I've found.

Just thought it was really interesting. Yes it's not illegal without recording equipment, but Deion seemed to hint that something unsportsman or illegal was going on.

This. His premise as to why nobody talked about the Colts 'cheating' is wrong. Spygate was not about recording, it was about the location of the recording. That's my point.