[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants cut Rashad Jennings and Victor Cruz

Wolverines Fan

Perkins was a fifth rounder and he'll be just another mediocre back most likely. They have only had one 1000 yard rusher in the last seven years. What I want to see from a fantasy perspective is that the NFL as the copycat league looking at what benefit the Cowboys got from Ezekiel Elliott and want to get a workhorse primary runner. Most likely - just another yawn-inducing committee for the Giants.

What I want to see from a fantasy perspective is that the NFL as the copycat league looking at what benefit the Cowboys got from Ezekiel Elliott and want to get a workhorse primary runner.

Philosophies and strategies can be copycatted. You can't copycat talent. I don't think any team can copycat 5 probowl level offensive linemen with a probowl level running back. It's the same as the early 90's Cowboys. Their run game was successful because of the talent, not the philosophy, Good luck trying to acquire 5 probowl level linemen and a probowl level runnning back.

• Like 1

Philosophies and strategies can be copycatted. You can't copycat talent. I don't think any team can copycat 5 probowl level offensive linemen with a probowl level running back. It's the same as the early 90's Cowboys. Their run game was successful because of the talent, not the philosophy, Good luck trying to acquire 5 probowl level linemen and a probowl level runnning back.

Yup.

But with that said, if they don't draft a "big name" and name Perkins the starter, I will be intrigued from a fantasy standpoint. He can catch the ball and has big play ability. Maybe pair him with a J-Stew type who can run between the tackles. Perfect bench stash or flex starter in a 12-team PPR. I'll be a buyer if he falls far enough and the above remains true.

• Like 1

Agree on the talent but...I feel pretty confident that if Jerrah can figure out how to do this, chances are other owners can too.

18 hours ago, stethant said:

Agree on the talent but...I feel pretty confident that if Jerrah can figure out how to do this, chances are other owners can too.

I think Jerrah deserves a lot of credit.  He has built the premier offensive line in the NFL.  And I'm not sure there is anything to figure out by other general managers.  Prior to 2011, Dallas hadn't drafted an offensive lineman in the first round since 1981.  Between 2011 and 2014, Dallas drafted 3 offensive linemen in the 1st round.  So if team did want to "copycat" Dallas, they could use their 1st round picks in the next 4 years on offensive linemen and a stud running back.  But even then there would be no guarantee that all 4 players would pan out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I think Jerrah deserves a lot of credit.  He has built the premier offensive line in the NFL.  And I'm not sure there is anything to figure out by other general managers.  Prior to 2011, Dallas hadn't drafted an offensive lineman in the first round since 1981.  Between 2011 and 2014, Dallas drafted 3 offensive linemen in the 1st round.  So if team did want to "copycat" Dallas, they could use their 1st round picks in the next 4 years on offensive linemen and a stud running back.  But even then there would be no guarantee that all 4 players would pan out.

Mmm, I wouldn't give him much credit other than finally getting out of the way to let people that know what they're doing make the actual decisions.  Maybe he had some part in it but you'd be remiss in not mentioning what bringing his son up to the adults' table has meant to the organization.  Pops is still probably making the "final call", but I would be shocked if he's just nothing more than a mouthpiece to the junior Jones at this point.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Mmm, I wouldn't give him much credit other than finally getting out of the way to let people that know what they're doing make the actual decisions.  Maybe he had some part in it but you'd be remiss in not mentioning what bringing his son up to the adults' table has meant to the organization.  Pops is still probably making the "final call", but I would be shocked if he's just nothing more than a mouthpiece to the junior Jones at this point.

This.

If I remember right, JJ had to be talked out of drafting Manziel.

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

It's been pretty obvious for at least a few yrs for anyone paying attention