[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Revis charged with 4 felonies

Big John

The report says he hit two guys and knocked them out for 10 minutes.  That's more hits than he had all season.

Also, Revis' attorney claims he tried to back away from the encounter.  This, I believe.  If you watch his 2016 game film, he backed way from everyone running toward him (as they eventually blew past him).

From Revis Island ----------------> Rikers Island.

Edited by Dcat

On 2/20/2017 at 0:40 PM, stevegrab said:

I read a report where his attorney said "He was on the street at 2:43AM to look at some property he is considering for development, and didn't want to be mobbed by people on the streets".   Sure...

Actually, this part is somewhat credible.  When you are considering purchasing retail property in any neighborhood, you absolutely must examine what goes on there at night before you buy in.  I've done it.   That said, I call B.S. on it.

• Like 1

• Big John featured and unfeatured this topic

the way we (the media, fans, etc) seem to get so excited whenever one of these players *maybe* did something wrong, it's a bit... unsettling, i guess, in my opinion. like, do we hope that it's him? are we cheering for that?

i'm not some kind of voice comparison expert lol, but i listened to a few interviews and videos of him mic'd up on the field (so you can hear him yelling). listen from 4:22 here: https://youtu.be/dquZsL3y6LU?t=4m22s

he says "hey" very similarly to how the person in the tmz vid said it, but his voice sounds quite a bit deeper when he's yelling on the field and in interviews. "beyond a reasonable doubt" seems like a bit of a stretch to me at least

#Offseason

Edited by pun

On 2/22/2017 at 4:33 PM, kdko said:

Explain.  Cops have literally corroborated that video

as a Jets fan who has heard Revis speak numerous times, I can safely tell you that the voice on the TMZ video is someone else.  Probably one of his bodyguard/entourage.  That doesn't exonerate Revis either.  Accomplices get charged and convicted as well.  

On 2/24/2017 at 10:39 AM, pun said:

the way we (the media, fans, etc) seem to get so excited whenever one of these players *maybe* did something wrong, it's a bit... unsettling, i guess, in my opinion. like, do we hope that it's him? are we cheering for that?

i'm not some kind of voice comparison expert lol, but i listened to a few interviews and videos of him mic'd up on the field (so you can hear him yelling). listen from 4:22 here: https://youtu.be/dquZsL3y6LU?t=4m22s

he says "hey" very similarly to how the person in the tmz vid said it, but his voice sounds quite a bit deeper when he's yelling on the field and in interviews. "beyond a reasonable doubt" seems like a bit of a stretch to me at least

#Offseason

Excited? Cheering? More like disgusted & frustrated. Just because we make jokes of it doesn't mean we enjoy it or want it to happen.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dcat said:

as a Jets fan who has heard Revis speak numerous times, I can safely tell you that the voice on the TMZ video is someone else.  Probably one of his bodyguard/entourage.  That doesn't exonerate Revis either.  Accomplices get charged and convicted as well.  

Yeah, I think you guys may be right.  I just can't wrap my head around the notion of talking like that when you weren't the one who knocked them out, haha.  So lame.