[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously

gilthorp

6 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

Wait I have a rep?  Like street cred?

I think it means the new software is putting an emphasis on the number of likes you get.  It even has you "winning" days for having the most likes.

37 minutes ago, Ugga Mugga said:

Are we no longer able to lock threads if we are board monitors?  That's a bummer.  Really helped me commissioner some league on the Huddle.

You should have the exact same abilities as you had before.

21 minutes ago, DMD said:

You should have the exact same abilities as you had before.

15 minutes ago, Big John said:

I was waiting until it was complete to say i don't have lock nor move in my mod abilities.

I could be missing something (that's for sure), but like BigJohn I don't see it.  I seem to only have pin, hide and delete available to me as the mod.

I do not think the processing is quite yet finished. And whenever it is, we'll visit any problems to fix. No reason why those abilities would be gone from the new version so I would expect them to be there again.

23 hours ago, Big John said:

I think it means the new software is putting an emphasis on the number of likes you get.  It even has you "winning" days for having the most likes.

Bigger numbers are better?  DMD's is one of the lowest, well below yours or mine. Of course DMD couldn't be liked for a long time so that hurt his rep ;)

Some of us lurk and absorb the knowledge...comment when the spirit strikes. I feel that the posters here that I recognize as elders are just more practiced than me. I am ok with having a lower "like" level than everyone else.

On a side note...

Please check out my "Go fund my like page" on ineedyoutomakemylifecomplete.like

7 hours ago, Ugga Mugga said:

I could be missing something (that's for sure), but like BigJohn I don't see it.  I seem to only have pin, hide and delete available to me as the mod.

Look now, the other mod features have been added.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2017 at 2:53 PM, Big John said:

I won the day back on January 26th!  Already dictated it into my memoirs! :yay: 

On 2/18/2017 at 8:45 PM, flemingd said:

Can you turn email notifications back on for receiving PM's and followed content? 

On 2/18/2017 at 10:05 PM, flemingd said:

Ok now I'm mad.  Forum update bronk a whole ton of links

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/459010-important-threads-2016-season/

Don't make me change my avatar!

On 2/19/2017 at 0:00 AM, DMD said:

It is not through completing the updating. It started on WED and is still only about half over.  It is a complete conversion from an old software that is no longer supported. Wait until it is done - it is still re-indexing about a million posts and such. It will still be several more days I would guess. We did it in the dead of FEB as the best time.

At what point can we start freaking out?  Is this still indexing and gajoobiling and stuffz?

What is still wrong? With links, potentially there could be an issue if it is older than a year that it is pointing to. We had to archive stuff older than a year because of the volume and effect on the health of the board. Older posts are not gone, but they may not be reached via search. You'd have to dig back to find them. It appears the processing is through though I know we have an open ticket with the board company.

The mods are currently configured wrong due to a mass update being applied incorrectly.  I'm working with IPS to correct the issue.  We have close to 200 mods, so this may take a while.

Also, if you experience any issues with the new forums, please post them in the support forum topic I've started so that we have a central location to work with.  No PM's or side topics please.  Thanks.

50 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

We still can't edit a forum title, and we have to be in the topic in order to have access to moderator actions 

You can as a moderator, but it is not intuitive.  in the thread itself, hover over the title, then while holding the left mouse button slide the mouse right, and you will see the title in edit mode.

For other mod functions, there is a checkbox at the right of each thread where the mod powers will appear when checking the box.

Edited by Big John
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Big John said:

You can as a moderator, but it is not intuitive.  in the thread itself, hover over the title, then while holding the left mouse button slide the mouse right, and you will see the title in edit mode.

So, we can't do this from our phones?  

• WJW locked this topic