[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Forum Issues

WJW

We are aware of the issues with league moderators and are working with IPS to find a fix.  There are almost 200 league mods, so this may take a while.  I will post here when we have a resolution.

UPDATE:  

On 2/23/2017 at 4:13 PM, Big John said:

The bold and italics functions are not working.

They've opened a ticket on this and will get it fixed.

UPDATE:  Fixed.

I'm having issues simply viewing the forums.  It's like the formatting is screwed up, with the recent changes.  All I see is text in a column on the left side of the page.  I wouldn't even be able to post this from my laptop if I wanted to (this is being done from my phone).  Anybody have similar issues or have any idea what would cause this?

I have Windows 7 and IE 11. Cannot use the site with this setup. Have to use Google Chrome.

I had the same problem that lasted for what seemed forever the last time you updated.

Will you be addressing this problem anytime soon?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Gopher said:

I'm having issues simply viewing the forums.  It's like the formatting is screwed up, with the recent changes.  All I see is text in a column on the left side of the page.  I wouldn't even be able to post this from my laptop if I wanted to (this is being done from my phone).  Anybody have similar issues or have any idea what would cause this?

Sounds like you may need to clear your browser's data files (cache) and then restart your browser.

2 hours ago, skylive5 said:

I have Windows 7 and IE 11. Cannot use the site with this setup. Have to use Google Chrome.

I had the same problem that lasted for what seemed forever the last time you updated.

Will you be addressing this problem anytime soon?

Thank you.

Wow.  That's a really old and inflexible setup.  It's simply not going to play well with more modern responsive web design.  I'd just switch and use Chrome and call it good.  It will likely make live easier beyond just the use of these forums.

19 hours ago, WW said:

Wow.  That's a really old and inflexible setup.  It's simply not going to play well with more modern responsive web design.  I'd just switch and use Chrome and call it good.  It will likely make life easier beyond just the use of these forums.

Thank you for the response.

2 hours ago, Big John said:

A spammer is running wild and i don't see a place to report spam to an administrator.

We've taken care of that one.  But you, as our lead mod, should have the ability to flag someone as a spammer.  Click on the user's name in the post to go to their profile.  There you'll see a "flag as spammer" button in the left rail.  When you do that they will be banned, all their content will be deleted and we'll be notified.

36 minutes ago, darin3 said:

How do you turn off "browser notifications"?  I don't want to be pinged when I am outside the forums when someone quotes one of my posts, etc.

Click on your name at the top-right and go into your account settings.  You'll see notification settings on the right.  That is where you manage that type of thing.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:12 PM, darin3 said:

How do you turn off "browser notifications"?  I don't want to be pinged when I am outside the forums when someone quotes one of my posts, etc.

That's a browser setting.  In Firefox go to Tools Options Content and click the Choose button under Privacy.  Remove The Huddle from your list, and next time it wants to notify you it will ask permission.  Deny this and you're done.

Some users don't properly display the Last Online date.  How am I supposed to stalk people without this being accurate?

photo-thumb-2.jpg

WW

Admin

• Content count 915
  • Joined June 7, 2001
  • Last visited February 14
Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1
On 3/10/2017 at 11:45 AM, stethant said:

Liking a post no longer displays the username of the "liker." It just says "somebody liked a post..." Is there a way to revert this back to identifying who exactly is liking posts?

I don't think so but will look into it.

6 hours ago, flemingd said:

Some users don't properly display the Last Online date.  How am I supposed to stalk people without this being accurate?

photo-thumb-2.jpg

WW

Admin

• Content count 915
  • Joined June 7, 2001
  • Last visited February 14

Ya know that little "anonymous" checkbox when you log in... ;) 

OK, I'll admit this is kind of an odd one, but it's happened to me multiple times on different computers (both home and work), both using Google Chrome:

The scroll wheel suddenly stops working to scroll up and down on our BOTH league forums page.  The scroll function continues to work fine on other tabs and web pages.  I've discovered that if I close the Huddle Forums tab and reopen it, the scroll starts working again.

Any ideas?

• WJW unpinned this topic
  • WJW locked this topic