[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC has released Jamaal Charles

Wolverines Fan

Great player on the decline, mostly due to his recent knee injury. He helped me win a few championships in his heyday. If he can get healthy, I wouldn't mind the Hawks kicking the tires on JC. I think he might be a good fit with Wilson. That being said, he is probably going to get picked up by another team needing his pass catching skill set. 

So, do they draft another RB? West played well at the end of the season, but I don't think they see him as an every down back and Ware was pretty much garbage from about week 14 on through the playoffs.

His last two seasons combined for only 8 games. He wants to go to a Super Bowl contender. He'll probably be hired as a backfield tandem, then end up with one or two big games and then get injured for the rest of the year. Have to think he'll be overdrafted on his name.

29 minutes ago, DMD said:

His last two seasons combined for only 8 games. He wants to go to a Super Bowl contender. He'll probably be hired as a backfield tandem, then end up with one or two big games and then get injured for the rest of the year. Have to think he'll be overdrafted on his name.

He was overdrafted last year. Probably better value this year but that depends on where he goes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DMD said:

You can pretty much guarantee this happens.

• Like 1

Hard to say right now since it all depends on where he ends up and their expectation. But I cannot believe that everyone one in the league is going to let a name like Jamaal Charles go for more than five or six rounds tops. But again - depends on where he lands.

Charles to NE would be complete boom or bust. He hasn't remained healthy since 2014 and is not any more durable now. I hope he doesn't - what a nightmare to forecast knowing he could be gone in any week.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, heehawks said:

Great player on the decline, mostly due to his recent knee injury. He helped me win a few championships in his heyday. If he can get healthy, I wouldn't mind the Hawks kicking the tires on JC. I think he might be a good fit with Wilson. That being said, he is probably going to get picked up by another team needing his pass catching skill set. 

Seattle has Prosise as a pass catching back.  I don't see this happening.

49 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Seattle has Prosise as a pass catching back.  I don't see this happening.

Yeah, was mostly wishing for a healthy JC, which isn't likely to happen. Also, Rawls and Prosise aren't exactly a picture of perfect health. The heehawks went down hill fast when both were out and it would behoove them to ensure they have someone dependable at rb this year. Charles doesn't really fit that dependable part of it, but if he remained healthy, it would be fun to watch.

Don't see him in Seattle.  

Definitely don't see him in NEP unless he's willing to pay for next to nothing.  Even then I see him doing nothing.  Blount/Lewis (and even White) will command the majority of the looks.

How about the Cowboys?  Darren McFadden is a free agent and strikes me as the kind of guy that thinks he can still be a feature back.  Slide Charles in as the pass-catching CoP back.. back in Texas.

Eagles are supposedly kicking the tires.  Not sure I get that with Mathews and Smallwood there.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Definitely don't see him in NEP unless he's willing to pay for next to nothing.  Even then I see him doing nothing.  Blount/Lewis (and even White) will command the majority of the looks.

How about the Cowboys?  Darren McFadden is a free agent and strikes me as the kind of guy that thinks he can still be a feature back.  Slide Charles in as the pass-catching CoP back.. back in Texas.

Eagles are supposedly kicking the tires.  Not sure I get that with Mathews and Smallwood there.

As an Elliot owner I would absolutely hate to see this. Elliot is great in pass protection and is amazing catching the ball out of the backfield. Charles would put a damper on his value.

32 minutes ago, irish said:

As an Elliot owner I would absolutely hate to see this. Elliot is great in pass protection and is amazing catching the ball out of the backfield. Charles would put a damper on his value.

Meh, is Charles really any better than D-Mac at this point though?  I doubt it would affect Zeke's value much.  He is going to get 80% of all touches and Morris and some pass-catching back will take the scraps.  

10 hours ago, darin3 said:

I have a feeling McFadden stays in Dallas

19 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I don't think Charles is going to go to a team like the Cowboys where he would clearly be second fiddle.  He might have to do like Forte and go to an average team.  I also think the Packers are a good fit if he is willing to accept a low salary.

Agree he might go somewhere that he won't be the clear #1, have to compete for carries or get a split. But not somewhere to be backup to a clear stud like Zeke who plays all 3 downs and only needs a few breathers. Unless he's just looking for a chance at a ring.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, heehawks said:

Well, well, well! JC coming in to visit my Heehawks!! Looks like Pete and John want some insurance and veteran competion for oft injured Rawls and Procise, just as I speculated. Also rumors of mitual interest with AP. I think they will seriously consider signing one of them.

16 hours ago, heehawks said:

Well, well, well! JC coming in to visit my Heehawks!! Looks like Pete and John want some insurance and veteran competion for oft injured Rawls and Procise, just as I speculated. Also rumors of mitual interest with AP. I think they will seriously consider signing one of them.

Sort of place JC should go where he can try to thrive in limited work.