[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cousins Tagged (Exclusive)...

the outlaw

I still don't think the drama is over, yet...my guess is they'll still try to strike a deal w/SF for a ton of picks...we'll see...yeah, I'm overly pessimistic because this team has disappointed way too many times over the past 25 years...

I think a new, big deal is coming for him. 

I sure hope you're right, Irish... at this juncture I have a lot more confidence in Kirk's abilities, than I do Bruce Allen's to do the right thing (I still think he and Danny S. are controlling the purse strings and cap, while Scot McCloughan is merely the talent evaluation guy)!

• 4 months later...

No doubt the WAS front office has really mishandled Cousins contract.

According to an ESPN article I'm reading he will be the first QB in NFL history to play under the franchise tag in consecutive seasons.

24M for 2017, 20M for 2016 = 44M for 2 years

Other top QB contracts

Matt Stafford - 2016 3yr/$53M

Matt Ryan - 2014 5yr/$104M

Cam Newton - 2016 5yr/$104M

According to the same ESPN article the Redskins did offer Cousins 5yr/$100M with "low guarantees".

Another ESPN article is pretty negative towards WAS management, including their move to release info on their offer in an attempt to make Cousins look greedy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20089406/trade-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-blew-faces-hard-truths-nfl-2017-training-camp

Edited by stevegrab

The DC media is really giving Bruce Allen the business - and IMO he richly deserves it.

You can't build a winning tradition by alienating your franchise QB. Yeah the QB market is overheated (see Mike Glennon) but these are the facts so deal with it. Chainsaw Dan Snyder has ruined this once proud franchise.