[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandin Cooks is on the trading block

Wolverines Fan

After going to the media last year about not getting enough looks i'm sure he pissed off enough of the staff and put a target on his back.  With the emergence of Thomas and the fact that Brees already spreads the ball enough as is, he's probably not worth the headache and/or contract extension

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

yeah, he was pick #20 in the first in 2014 and put up 1100+ yards the last two seasons. I guess they don't like him and don't want to pay him cuz rumor is they'd take a 2nd?!?!?!?!...

Sirius XM NFL's Alex Marvez reports it would "probably" only take a second-round pick to acquire Brandin Cooks from the Saints.

The Eagles hold the No. 42 overall pick in the second round, while the Titans don't currently own a second-rounder but do have a pair of third-rounders at Nos. 83 and 100. If neither team is willing to move their first-round picks, the Eagles would appear to be the heavy favorite to acquire Cooks, who will also be needing a massive contract extension next year at this time. There's too much smoke for there not to be fire. Expect Cooks to be dealt in the coming days.
Related: Titans, Eagles

Mar 3 - 9:27 AM

That's not a rumor, it's a guess by Alex Marvez. The rumor is that they're asking a first, which I could see them wanting. They spent a first to get him, he's done enough to warrant a first, so that kinda makes sense. And from the Saints perspective, why not put him out there if he's not happy? Thomas is definitely a #1 WR and Cooks' role could be replaced either via FA or in the draft. Cooks is an amazing talent, but IMO he's underutilized in the offense because a lot of the time they just need him to stretch the defense. That's why he disappears for some games.

• Like 2

Yeah I hear what you're saying.  And I also think he could be a great receiver in the right system.  I still struggle with them getting a 1st round pick out of a trade.  Obviously they are trading him for a reason which means baggage.  I could see a mid 2nd but a 1st seems high to me.  Certainly a few teams need WR's but not for a 1st round pick.

Heard the Patriots offered their #1 for Cooks and were turned down.  Looks like the Saints want a mid first round pick for Cooks  

As a Cooks dynasty owner, I am nervous about this.  I hope he does not wind up somewhere awful and falls off the fantasy map.  I was glad he id not go to New England - too many mouths there and he would have no consistency.

Seattle would be great.  So would Carolina.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 0:28 PM, Wpob said:

Heard the Patriots offered their #1 for Cooks and were turned down.  Looks like the Saints want a mid first round pick for Cooks  

As a Cooks dynasty owner, I am nervous about this.  I hope he does not wind up somewhere awful and falls off the fantasy map.  I was glad he id not go to New England - too many mouths there and he would have no consistency.

Seattle would be great.  So would Carolina.

I'm curious why you'd think Seattle would be a good landing spot.  Baldwin has emerged as a legit threat, Graham has risen up a bit, Lockett is now a weapon... :thinking:

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

I'm curious why you'd think Seattle would be a good landing spot.  Baldwin has emerged as a legit threat, Graham has risen up a bit, Lockett is now a weapon... :thinking:

I'm still not sold on Lockett.  He was supposed to have his breakout year last year and people overpaid way too much only to get burned.  Seattle doesn't have a great passing game and I don't think it can feed another mouth outside of Baldwin and Graham.  I'll gladly eat crow if i'm wrong!

12 hours ago, darin3 said:

I am not sold on Lockett and Richardson can not stay healthy.  Baldwin is good, but he only had three games over 100 yards and if you take away his 3 TD game against the Patriots, he only had 4 TDs.  He had 6 games with less than 50 yards.  He had 7 games with 5 catches or less.  Now, I don't watch a lot Seahawks games so I am not sure if coverage was rolled to him or not, so I will defer to a Seahawks fan on that. 

To me, Seattle needs that extra weapon.  I feel Cooks could fit that bill.

My preference is Carolina.  If Ted Ginn can get 10 TDs in a season from Cam, Cooks could do much better as he can actually catch the ball!!