[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BOTH league Commissioners on MFL - Waivers setup

flemingd

A couple of lessons I have learned from setting up a bunch of 2017 leagues:

1.  All players begin as Unlocked.  This means they can be picked up immediately, ad hoc, with no waiver run.  You'll want to run a locking event immediately

2.  There is a 4 round limit on waivers by default.  Thing is, they hide this setting in Waivers setup and I know most BOTH leagues run BB waivers instead:

Go into General Add/Drop setup and choose Always via Waivers Requests

ADD/DROP AND WAIVERS SETUP
What Type Of Add/Drop System Does Your League Use?    
 Always First Come/First Serve
 Always Via Waiver Requests
 Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
 Always Via Blind Bid Requests
 Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
 None Of The Above
Hint: Select None of the Above if you want the commissioner to make all the moves or you play in a draft-only league.

Then go into Waiver Request setup

Change the rounds (top of page) to 8 (maximum available)

Maximum Number of Rounds for each Weekly Waiver Request Window:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Hint: See our Help Center for details on what the term "Waiver Round" means.

Then go BACK into General Add/Drop Setup and change it to Blind Bid Waivers.

You'll see that Waivers Request Setup has been replaced by Blind Bid Waivers Setup, which doesn't have the Rounds option :weird::angry:

The good news is changing back and forth like this will NOT erase any existing bids.  Tested and confirmed, so if you have owners that have put in some bids and hit this limit, you are safe to extend it to 8.  I have a ticket open to see about increasing this, how stupid they choose such a low maximum.

3.  Set it so that dropped players lock immediately - default is that they don't.  Locked doesn't mean you can't put in a bid, it means they can't be picked up via FCFS and are only up for the next waiver run.

Dropped Players Are Locked Until:    
 Players are not locked when dropped. They can be immediately picked up (subject to league's waiver rules)
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  day(s) later
 the following Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat  at Midnight 1 a.m. 2 a.m. 3 a.m. 4 a.m. 5 a.m. 6 a.m. 7 a.m. 8 a.m. 9 a.m. 10 a.m. 11 a.m. Noon 1 p.m. 2 p.m. 3 p.m. 4 p.m. 5 p.m. 6 p.m. 7 p.m. 8 p.m. 9 p.m. 10 p.m. 11 p.m.  ET
 The first waivers run after 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  days

4.  The Add/Drop UI is different.  You can only drop one guy at a time using this - horrible.  You can cheat and use the IR or the Taxi function to do mass drops, it has the old radial button system to select all appropriate.

I think that's it, but I'll add more as i think about them.

• Like 3