Zooty

The "new" and not improved MFL

34 posts in this topic

I thought there was a thread on this?

 

Maximum Number of Conditional Groups for each Weekly Waiver - maxes out at 8.  Am I doing something wrong or is this the case?

 

The whole blind bidding is a cluster-f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zooty said:

I thought there was a thread on this?

 

Maximum Number of Conditional Groups for each Weekly Waiver - maxes out at 8.  Am I doing something wrong or is this the case?

 

The whole blind bidding is a cluster-f

 

No thats the case. Ugga queried this with MFL as originally we couldn't have more than 4 but seems thats the upper limit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zooty said:

I thought there was a thread on this?

 

Maximum Number of Conditional Groups for each Weekly Waiver - maxes out at 8.  Am I doing something wrong or is this the case?

 

The whole blind bidding is a cluster-f

 

2 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

 

No thats the case. Ugga queried this with MFL as originally we couldn't have more than 4 but seems thats the upper limit now.

 

You can set it to 8 but the field isn't in the Bilnd Bid Waivers menu.  You have to set to Waivers, change the field to 8, and then change it back to Blind Bid Waivers.

 

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/481808-both-league-commissioners-on-mfl-waivers-setup/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MFL is terrible.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new format is horrible. For the moment, I only have phone access. It's a nightmare to navigate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, darin3 said:

MFL is terrible.

 

Find it harder to navigate than the old one even through Chrome. Not even tried to do half the things you'd normally do in-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, flemingd said:

 

 

You can set it to 8 but the field isn't in the Bilnd Bid Waivers menu.  You have to set to Waivers, change the field to 8, and then change it back to Blind Bid Waivers.

 

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/481808-both-league-commissioners-on-mfl-waivers-setup/

 

 

And only 8.  I sent a ticket to have the limit raised and was TOLD by them that my league doesn't need it to higher, people don't have more than 8 rounds of bidding ever.  I guess they have never seen the off-season in an IDP dynasty league

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were they sold to some large conglomerate or something and no longer care about their customers? I've always heard mostly great stuff from their loyal users here.

 

I think too many of these sites think they need constant change to stay at the top, to attract new users, etc. Slowly they stop caring about long time users and keeping things consistent, flash and sizzle is what counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zooty said:

 

 

And only 8.  I sent a ticket to have the limit raised and was TOLD by them that my league doesn't need it to higher, people don't have more than 8 rounds of bidding ever.  I guess they have never seen the off-season in an IDP dynasty league

 

Ask to escalate to Mike.  He manually set mine to 16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I use fantrax for my college league and they have been consistently improving. They accommodate Idp dynasty leagues also.

Edited by Trojanmojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Were they sold to some large conglomerate or something and no longer care about their customers? I've always heard mostly great stuff from their loyal users here.

 

I think too many of these sites think they need constant change to stay at the top, to attract new users, etc. Slowly they stop caring about long time users and keeping things consistent, flash and sizzle is what counts.

 

This is pretty typical of big structural roll-outs.  Projections are slim to please executives and testing is inadequate but when it hits live it all hits the fan.  MFL has historically been very good to excellent service, and their after the fact here has been pretty consistent with that.  The real problem is what a disaster it looks like because they don't know how to test.  But like I said no one really does, or at least isn't given enough time and resources to do it properly up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having known the guys at MFL for 20 years now, I have never heard of them being unresponsive or anything less than passionately involved with their product and customers. It is one of the few places that is not corporate and is run by guys who are long-time devoteees to their business. I have not viewed MFL this year so I'll have to go check it out but most of my leagues are always on MFL and historically I have always preferred it over all others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMD said:

Having known the guys at MFL for 20 years now, I have never heard of them being unresponsive or anything less than passionately involved with their product and customers. It is one of the few places that is not corporate and is run by guys who are long-time devoteees to their business. I have not viewed MFL this year so I'll have to go check it out but most of my leagues are always on MFL and historically I have always preferred it over all others.

 

Been long time MFL user (migrated in 2003 from Sportsline) and by far this "upgrade" has been very disappointing.  Waivers are simply hot trash now.  The interface is not user friendly, hard to manage/configure, has limited options, and runs poorly.  Even the Processed Waivers report is also complete junk now, it reads like a goddamn tech manual (see the small sample attached of the wall of text).  Also why not address some of the simple things.  For example why is there not a "power user" rights group that can be used for adds/drops/trade approvals but not allow the person to see others pending trades and transactions?  Meanwhile, the commissioner lockout basically makes it like your running the league without a commish.  There's no middle ground.  Anyways this is rambling a little so I'll leave it there...

 

I'd hate to do it, but I'm honestly considering walking away from MFL with my locals. I'm concerned the current waiver setup is going to make some of my less tech savy owners straight up quit.  :(

SS2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waivers on MFL has always been a pebble in my shoe. We switched to Yahoo last year and found out that we couldn't edit our own Playoff schedule...win some, lose some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, loaf said:

Waivers on MFL has always been a pebble in my shoe. We switched to Yahoo last year and found out that we couldn't edit our own Playoff schedule...win some, lose some

What exactly were you trying to edit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

adding/dropping players one at a time is also a royal pain in the ass for commissioners

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2017 at 3:24 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

What exactly were you trying to edit?

We couldn't set up our own seedings/Playoff schedule

Yahoo wanted us to use their rankings/seedings and they never jived with how we did it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But wait ?? I thought MFL was a God and only mere pee ons use cbs ???? Who is peeing now !!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, whomper said:

But wait ?? I thought MFL was a God and only mere pee ons use cbs ???? Who is peeing now !!!!

 

I may not like what MFL has done with this update, but there is never any reason to pay CBS exorbitant prices.  They offer very little in terms of difference from a free ESPN/Yahoo hosted site.  League History and awful advise articles are not worth $160 (or whatever it is).  Then on top of it they throw on ads (snickers anyone?).  Really?  :sick: 

 

MFL has benefited from the dynasty aspect as well as customization options, but well see what happens in the future.   

Edited by Def.
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Def. said:

 

I may not like what MFL has done with this update, but there is never any reason to pay CBS exorbitant prices.  They offer very little in terms of difference from a free ESPN/Yahoo hosted site.  League History and awful advise articles are not worth $160 (or whatever it is).  Then on top of it they throw on ads (snickers anyone?).  Really?  :sick:

 

MFL has benefited from the dynasty aspect as well as customization options, but well see what happens in the future.  

 

While CBS does charge more and has occasional issues I've yet to experience a roll out with that many problems, but then we're usually not touching our league until July or August. Sounds like this is a bump in the road for MFL, hopefully not a sign of continued poor revisions in the future.

 

I think Whomper was just reacting like I do sometimes to those who always say MFL is best and the rest (especially CBS) are garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

I think I MAY have posted this before, but MFL is horrible

I will keep that in mind for my non-IDP, redrafts.  Good  to know

1 hour ago, whomper said:

But wait ?? I thought MFL was a God and only mere pee ons use cbs ???? Who is peeing now !!!!

 

Same manurety website at half the price?  :snickers:  A no-brainer, like buying linen from China.  :pow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

But on the plus side, we now have 20 rounds of waivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I really try not to rag on sites/services.  If CBS is what you all like then go with it, but honestly I would invite anyone using CBS for any standard/ppr auction/redraft/keeper to setup the same league in ESPN and compare it through out the year.  There are very close in service. 

 

For year round, IDP, Multi-pool, and other specialty configs, I guess were stuck with MFL or Fantrax for now.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.