[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "new" and not improved MFL

Zooty

I thought there was a thread on this?

Maximum Number of Conditional Groups for each Weekly Waiver - maxes out at 8.  Am I doing something wrong or is this the case?

The whole blind bidding is a cluster-f

21 minutes ago, Zooty said:

Maximum Number of Conditional Groups for each Weekly Waiver - maxes out at 8.  Am I doing something wrong or is this the case?

No thats the case. Ugga queried this with MFL as originally we couldn't have more than 4 but seems thats the upper limit now.

2 hours ago, Zooty said:

2 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

No thats the case. Ugga queried this with MFL as originally we couldn't have more than 4 but seems thats the upper limit now.

You can set it to 8 but the field isn't in the Bilnd Bid Waivers menu.  You have to set to Waivers, change the field to 8, and then change it back to Blind Bid Waivers.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/481808-both-league-commissioners-on-mfl-waivers-setup/

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, flemingd said:

You can set it to 8 but the field isn't in the Bilnd Bid Waivers menu.  You have to set to Waivers, change the field to 8, and then change it back to Blind Bid Waivers.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/481808-both-league-commissioners-on-mfl-waivers-setup/

And only 8.  I sent a ticket to have the limit raised and was TOLD by them that my league doesn't need it to higher, people don't have more than 8 rounds of bidding ever.  I guess they have never seen the off-season in an IDP dynasty league

• Like 1

Were they sold to some large conglomerate or something and no longer care about their customers? I've always heard mostly great stuff from their loyal users here.

I think too many of these sites think they need constant change to stay at the top, to attract new users, etc. Slowly they stop caring about long time users and keeping things consistent, flash and sizzle is what counts.

46 minutes ago, Zooty said:

And only 8.  I sent a ticket to have the limit raised and was TOLD by them that my league doesn't need it to higher, people don't have more than 8 rounds of bidding ever.  I guess they have never seen the off-season in an IDP dynasty league

Ask to escalate to Mike.  He manually set mine to 16. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Were they sold to some large conglomerate or something and no longer care about their customers? I've always heard mostly great stuff from their loyal users here.

I think too many of these sites think they need constant change to stay at the top, to attract new users, etc. Slowly they stop caring about long time users and keeping things consistent, flash and sizzle is what counts.

This is pretty typical of big structural roll-outs.  Projections are slim to please executives and testing is inadequate but when it hits live it all hits the fan.  MFL has historically been very good to excellent service, and their after the fact here has been pretty consistent with that.  The real problem is what a disaster it looks like because they don't know how to test.  But like I said no one really does, or at least isn't given enough time and resources to do it properly up front.

Having known the guys at MFL for 20 years now, I have never heard of them being unresponsive or anything less than passionately involved with their product and customers. It is one of the few places that is not corporate and is run by guys who are long-time devoteees to their business. I have not viewed MFL this year so I'll have to go check it out but most of my leagues are always on MFL and historically I have always preferred it over all others.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Having known the guys at MFL for 20 years now, I have never heard of them being unresponsive or anything less than passionately involved with their product and customers. It is one of the few places that is not corporate and is run by guys who are long-time devoteees to their business. I have not viewed MFL this year so I'll have to go check it out but most of my leagues are always on MFL and historically I have always preferred it over all others.

Been long time MFL user (migrated in 2003 from Sportsline) and by far this "upgrade" has been very disappointing.  Waivers are simply hot trash now.  The interface is not user friendly, hard to manage/configure, has limited options, and runs poorly.  Even the Processed Waivers report is also complete junk now, it reads like a goddamn tech manual (see the small sample attached of the wall of text).  Also why not address some of the simple things.  For example why is there not a "power user" rights group that can be used for adds/drops/trade approvals but not allow the person to see others pending trades and transactions?  Meanwhile, the commissioner lockout basically makes it like your running the league without a commish.  There's no middle ground.  Anyways this is rambling a little so I'll leave it there...

I'd hate to do it, but I'm honestly considering walking away from MFL with my locals. I'm concerned the current waiver setup is going to make some of my less tech savy owners straight up quit.  :(

SS2.JPG

On 3/24/2017 at 3:24 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

What exactly were you trying to edit?

We couldn't set up our own seedings/Playoff schedule

Yahoo wanted us to use their rankings/seedings and they never jived with how we did it

45 minutes ago, whomper said:

But wait ?? I thought MFL was a God and only mere pee ons use cbs ???? Who is peeing now !!!!

I may not like what MFL has done with this update, but there is never any reason to pay CBS exorbitant prices.  They offer very little in terms of difference from a free ESPN/Yahoo hosted site.  League History and awful advise articles are not worth $160 (or whatever it is).  Then on top of it they throw on ads (snickers anyone?).  Really?  :sick: 

MFL has benefited from the dynasty aspect as well as customization options, but well see what happens in the future.   

Edited by Def.
grammar

42 minutes ago, Def. said:

I may not like what MFL has done with this update, but there is never any reason to pay CBS exorbitant prices.  They offer very little in terms of difference from a free ESPN/Yahoo hosted site.  League History and awful advise articles are not worth $160 (or whatever it is).  Then on top of it they throw on ads (snickers anyone?).  Really?  :sick:

MFL has benefited from the dynasty aspect as well as customization options, but well see what happens in the future.  

While CBS does charge more and has occasional issues I've yet to experience a roll out with that many problems, but then we're usually not touching our league until July or August. Sounds like this is a bump in the road for MFL, hopefully not a sign of continued poor revisions in the future.

I think Whomper was just reacting like I do sometimes to those who always say MFL is best and the rest (especially CBS) are garbage.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, HowboutthemCowboys said:

I think I MAY have posted this before, but MFL is horrible

I will keep that in mind for my non-IDP, redrafts.  Good  to know

1 hour ago, whomper said:

But wait ?? I thought MFL was a God and only mere pee ons use cbs ???? Who is peeing now !!!!

Same manurety website at half the price?  :snickers:  A no-brainer, like buying linen from China.  :pow:

Eh, I really try not to rag on sites/services.  If CBS is what you all like then go with it, but honestly I would invite anyone using CBS for any standard/ppr auction/redraft/keeper to setup the same league in ESPN and compare it through out the year.  There are very close in service. 

For year round, IDP, Multi-pool, and other specialty configs, I guess were stuck with MFL or Fantrax for now.