[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2017 Huddle NFL Mock Draft, who's interested?

irish

I can draft for any of the 3 open teams as well as the Rams if you need someone. Perhaps I could take the Cards as well as the Rams?

Edited by Trojanmojo

Chicago Bears are OTC: Darin you are up

Points Round Pick Team GM Player School Position Comp NFL Trade Notes
1 3000 1 1 Cleveland Browns ajh2 Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE    
2 2600 1 2 San Francisco 49ers theirish Solomon Thomas Stanford DE    
3 2200 1 3 Chicago Bears Darin         On-The-Clock
4 1800 1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish          
5 1700 1 5 Tennessee Titans Darin3         from Los Angeles Rams
6 1600 1 6 New York Jets Dcat          
7 1500 1 7 Los Angeles Chargers Darin3          
8 1400 1 8 Carolina Panthers Irish          

Chicago Bears take Jonathan Allen, DL Alabama

Also... I believe irish said we'd have separate selection and commentary threads.  I'm running out now so can't do it.  I'm sure he'll check in.  I will be back in a bit and will make the TEN selection.  Admittedly, I have not done as much research on them as I did on the Bears.   So I will need a little time to finalize the pick once I get back.  

Edited by darin3

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Also... I believe irish said we'd have separate selection and commentary threads.  I'm running out now so can't do it.  I'm sure he'll check in.  I will be back in a bit and will make the TEN selection.  Admittedly, I have not done as much research on them as I did on the Bears.   So I will need a little time to finalize the pick once I get back.  

No worries.  I'll PM theirish to tell him he is OTC for Jacksonville.

As soon as the Discussion and Selection threads are created, we can move all this over to those.  Meanwhile, let's keep this going: Jacksonville is OTC: @theirish

1 1 Cleveland Browns ajh2 Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE    
1 2 San Francisco 49ers theirish Solomon Thomas Stanford DE    
1 3 Chicago Bears Darin3 Jonathan Allen Alabama DT    
1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish         On-The-Clock
1 5 Tennessee Titans Darin3         from Los Angeles Rams
1 6 New York Jets Dcat          
1 7 Los Angeles Chargers Darin3          
1 8 Carolina Panthers Irish          
1 9 Cincinnati Bengals CowboysDiehard          
1 10 Buffalo Bills            
1 11 New Orleans Saints ajh2          
1 12 Cleveland Browns ajh2         from Philadelphia Eagles
1 13 Arizona Cardinals            
1 14 Philadelphia Eagles fitzkek         from Minnesota Vikings
1 15 Indianapolis Colts BeeR          

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

easy, Tennessee needs almost anything at any position (except QB & RB) .

LOL!

Edited by Dcat

I don't see Minnesota assigned to anyone.  Maybe I missed it.  They burned their 1st round pick on the trade for Sam Bradford last year, so Minny begins in round 2 (which I am determined that we finish at a minimum, if not round 3!).  I'll take the Vikings as my 3rd team.

Edited by Dcat

A trio of promising Edge rushers as 1-2-3.  Will Jax continue with defense or do what the pundits expect in all their mocks?

Frankly, I'm not buying into the buzz that Cleveland is considering Trubisky for the #1.  If Cleveland wants him, it will have to use its other 1st round pick to move up before the NY Jets to be assured of getting him.

by the way, I know the Huddle Mocks have never done trading, but the old Jimmy Johnson draft points chart is built in to the spreadsheet and the sheet makes trades very easy to do, if that's what we want.  If not this year, maybe next year.  It's a lot of fun and makes it more interesting.  

In the other two full 7 round mocks I have done, we did allow trading of current picks but not of future year picks and not of active players.  For example, the Washington GM would not be allowed to trade Cousins for a boatload of picks in the mock.  Also, everybody in those mocks agreed to stay reasonably consistent with the draft value chart.  The mods never needed to step in because nobody did any ridiculous trades.

Edited by Dcat

12 minutes ago, theirish said:

Jacksonville selects Malik Hooker. 

This came down to Hooker and Fournette, but I'm thinking Coughlin looks to continue to improve that defense.

Interesting.  Everyone and their mother is predicting Fournette to Jax.  Love Hooker.  A little concerned about the injury history but a great pick.  He'll be a huge improvement over Gipson, or whoever is playing free safety for Jax nowadays.

Darin3 and the Titans are OTC.  

Points Round Pick Team GM Player School Position Comp NFL Trade Notes Forum Draft Notes
3 2200 1 3 Chicago Bears Darin3 Jonathan Allen Alabama DT      
4 1800 1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish Malik Hooker Ohio State FS      
5 1700 1 5 Tennessee Titans Darin3         from Los Angeles Rams On-The-Clock
9 1350 1 9 Cincinnati Bengals CowboysDiehard            
10 1300 1 10 Buffalo Bills              
11 1250 1 11 New Orleans Saints ajh2            

Edited by Dcat

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Interesting.  Everyone and their mother is predicting Fournette to Jax.  Love Hooker.  A little concerned about the injury history but a great pick.  He'll be a huge improvement over Gipson, or whoever is playing free safety for Jax nowadays.

Darin3 and the Titans are OTC.  

Points Round Pick Team GM Player School Position Comp NFL Trade Notes Forum Draft Notes
3 2200 1 3 Chicago Bears Darin3 Jonathan Allen Alabama DT      
4 1800 1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish Malik Hooker Ohio State FS      
5 1700 1 5 Tennessee Titans Darin3         from Los Angeles Rams On-The-Clock
9 1350 1 9 Cincinnati Bengals CowboysDiehard            
10 1300 1 10 Buffalo Bills              
11 1250 1 11 New Orleans Saints ajh2            

Not a big deal and there's probably nothing you can do about it, but this is completely unreadable on a phone

11 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Not a big deal and there's probably nothing you can do about it, but this is completely unreadable on a phone

Damn.  I should have figured that with the limited formatting the Huddle board allows.  

But you can view the googledocs spreadsheet cleanly on your phone.  There is a free phone app for Googledocs that will allow you to view the spreadsheet correctly on your phone. It won't let you see the pasted formatted copies here from the spreadsheet, but you will be able to navigate the spreadsheet cleanly on your phone.  

I will definitely minimize the cut and pastes from the spreadsheet here in the thread, and will use a separate post for them so you can bypass and look only at the regular posts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Damn.  I should have figured that with the limited formatting the Huddle board allows.  

But you can view the googledocs spreadsheet cleanly on your phone.  There is a free phone app for Googledocs that will allow you to view the spreadsheet correctly on your phone. It won't let you see the pasted formatted copies here from the spreadsheet, but you will be able to navigate the spreadsheet cleanly on your phone.  

I will definitely minimize the cut and pastes from the spreadsheet here in the thread, and will use a separate post for them so you can bypass and look only at the regular posts.

?

Thx for getting things going guys.  Been really busy!

• Like 1