[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo "retiring"...

irish

Just heard it on the radio.  We'll see...

Yep expected to jump into broadcasting, could land on one of the top 2-3 crews on CBS or Fox (some talk that he could replace Simms and Simms would move to the studio show).  Word is the Cowboys will release him, and he'll announce he is retiring.

Guess the money offers for broadcasting are pretty good if several (NBC, CBS, Fox reported) are interested in hiring him. And he won't have to take the beatings anymore, could make a huge difference in his long term health.

C1 pleaes pick up the white courtey phone and pen your last ode to Romo...

14 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yep expected to jump into broadcasting, could land on one of the top 2-3 crews on CBS or Fox (some talk that he could replace Simms and Simms would move to the studio show).  ..

hopefully true and not just wishful thinking

I've also heard that he could be saying this so that he can talk freely with Houston. I've also heard that he would be willing to return to the cowboys at any point this year if they needed him. 

Truly amazing how fortunes can turn on a dime both in life and in an environment like the NFL.

This got me wondering whether he is Ring of Honor material for the Cowboys.  His career as a starter, though longer than that of Danny White and short a few playoff wins, was on a similar plane to Danny's.  Nice numbers, but couldn't win the big game.  Danny isn't in the ring, so I don't think Romo should be there either.  

3 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Well, that was the best scenario besides staying in Dallas. He will be a great analyst. He could still be available to the Cowboys should something happen but it's sad to see him go.

Wait a second...that's it? 34 words? 3 sentences? Slip deserves way, way, way, way, way more from you. Stop slacking and let's see it...the whole feeling, an essay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Wait a second...that's it? 34 words? 3 sentences? Slip deserves way, way, way, way, way more from you. Stop slacking and let's see it...the whole feeling, an essay.

Seriously.  That was an utter disappointment.

I think Romo plays this year.  He trying to bluff someone by retiring.  He is labeled a "loser" and a "choker".  A guy who never won a big game.  I don't think he retires while it's still possible to erase that label.  I thinks he'll have to break his back another time or two before he gives up.

17 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Well, that was the best scenario besides staying in Dallas. He will be a great analyst. He could still be available to the Cowboys should something happen but it's sad to see him go.

C'MON, MAN!  :helmet:

14 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Working on exactly that. Tied up on a big job but I will certainly be posting a Romo farewell shortly. :)

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I think Romo plays this year.  He trying to bluff someone by retiring.  He is labeled a "loser" and a "choker".  A guy who never won a big game.  I don't think he retires while it's still possible to erase that label.  I thinks he'll have to break his back another time or two before he gives up.

I wont say Tony didnt have his share of bonehead plays but people that truly know the sport , know that he was a great qb on very bad teams. Any success they had was mostly due to him carrying them. The one year with the nonsense dez bryant no catch where he did have that diesel O line and running game , just showed you how great he could have been with even decent talent around him . Dallas was awesome last year . Dak was awesome but that O would have been lethal with a healthy Romo stretching the field. They lost in the playoffs because of D though, not Dak. I wish Tony well and he can hold his head high. As a lifelong Cowboys fan , I thank him for what he did. Guy was a warrior

37 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

4Q QB ratings: Brady (94.3), Manning (90.5), Rodgers (102.3), Romo (102.7), Young (97.1), Montana (79.9), Marino (85.4), Favre (80.4)

Are you saying he's the best QB of all time with this?  I like Romo, but that's a big stretch.

23 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Curious how you KNOW he wil be a great analyst?  CBS sure seems to think so, not sure if they've actually had him do some simulated game calls or something to see how he does. Being personable and having good looks do not make him great.

As for retrurning to the Cowboys if they need him, really so if Dak goes down he'll just quit his spot on CBS #1 team and return to the field for some period of time? (Who does CBS use to fill in?) Then when the injured QB is back he hops back into his warm chair in the booth?  If CBS allows that they :crazy:

Romo had some good years early in his career (mostly 07/09), one great year at the end (2014) and 4 bad years before that (three 8 win seasons and a 1-5 ended with injury where the backups went 5-5 after that). His one great year, the year the OL gelled and Murray had the rushing title. Yes I'm taking a simplistic W-L view, his stats may be good but 4000 yards and 25-30 TDs are pretty common in today's NFL.

Very good QB, great no.  Hopefully nobody even comes close to suggesting HOF.