[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Huddle 2017 NFL Mock Draft SELECTIONS-ONLY thread

Dcat

Welcome to the 2017 Huddle NFL Mock Draft.  

Please use this thread for selections only.  

All discussion of picks, trades or anything else should take place in the Discussion thread.

58ee6c478ac74_NFLDraft2.jpg.c66ab5a944e4ce08ee55831e851c789f.jpg

I'm giving you a link below to a google docs spreadsheet I've use for mock drafts: 

This should add a little bit of modern features to this mock draft. Check it out. You can not make edits... but you can sort columns and change tabs at will. 

Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:

Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who's OTC and how far away you are from your next picks. The time limits for picks at the top was from another mock I did and obviously doesn't apply here, but seriously, we should consider a time limit so that we can do more than one round this year.  

GM Lineup tab:This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Can someone please tell me the username for the Patriots GM? I couldn't find it in the thread anywhere. I'll add it. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs. 

All Players tab: List of over 1,000 draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are over a month old so they are NOT up to date. For example, the rankings here are from combine week, but before Sidney Jones got hurt on the DB day near the end of the combine. So Jones is ranked near the top in both the overall rankings and the specific CB rankings. I do not have the time to update the rankings. So use them with caution. Many have changed post-combine.

Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab.This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and I just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page. 

Team-by-team: self-explanatory

Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from several "reputable" draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these are over a month old now and not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

Let me know if you have any questions. And welcome to the 21st century.

The first 4 picks have already been selected in the Mock Draft Sign-Up thread.  Here they are:

From AJH2:

With the first pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns of course select Myles Garrett , DE Texas A&M.

garrett-.jpg.b9a70edbe0bdfd066910e6b0eae0bfd6.jpg

Edited by Dcat

From theIrish:

With the 4th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State. 

This came down to Hooker and Fournette, but I'm thinking Coughlin looks to continue to improve that defense.

Hooker.thumb.jpg.7dd6bb34f164f7a206c7e809ecbcfb1f.jpg

Hooker2.thumb.jpg.22fc3de6e7b7af3a5e6a257c09b4b264.jpg

Tennessee Titans are OTC.  @Darin3

Edited by Dcat

• WJW pinned this topic

With the 13th selection of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina. 

The Cards could use help at LB, DT, and OL too but Carson isn't getting any younger.  Trubisky is maybe the best QB in a down QB class.

Was going to go with Foster or Lattimore had they been available.  Mitchell was plan C and I still almost went DT. 

mitch-trubisky-draft.jpg.e73c8988f3a90d3f72d7f1eca374dd47.jpg

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 1

OK, I am picking for the Eagles.  18 hours on the clock was overly generous for @fitzkek, who was tagged multiple times and PM'd around 4PM yesterday.  .  Please, this will go well only if everyone checks in every now and then.  

The Eagles have some big needs at Edge rusher, CB, WR and RB.  They signed Jeffery and Torrey Smith to one-year prove it deals and still have Jordan Matthews, so I figure the need is greatest for defense in this round.  They have Smallwood waiting to take over at RB, but nobody knows if he is the answer.  Surely Ryan Mathews wasn't.  But the appeal of this juicy Edge Rusher, who is perfect ffit or a 4-3 DE need, is just overwhelming.  I have him as one of the top 3 players remaining on my board.  

So with the 14th pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

barnett.thumb.jpg.b8f0c27fd981164097f63c116245e409.jpg

Indianapolis Colts @BeeR  is On the Clock

• DMD unpinned this topic