[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Huddle 2017 NFL Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

Various other players could easily be justified for the Colts, like a CB etc and a stud OLB would be nice, but they upgraded their LB corps in FA, and while none are splashy, they might (might) pan out as sneaky good moves and surprise.  Meanwhile there are huge gaping holes at DE and secondary.  Charlton was arguably the best match of both talent and need. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if the Ravens would go Williams or Corey Davis there.  Or not WR.  Ozzie seems to avoid WRs early (much to Ravens fans chagrin).  I think this year, either one (or Ross, if both are already taken) would be a perfect pick for the Ravens at 16.  Good pick for Baltimore, @HowboutthemCowboys!

Redskins OTC @CowboysDiehard

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

Various other players could easily be justified for the Colts, like a CB etc and a stud OLB would be nice, but they upgraded their LB corps in FA, and while none are splashy, they might (might) pan out as sneaky good moves and surprise.  Meanwhile there are huge gaping holes at DE and secondary.  Charlton was arguably the best match of both talent and need. 

I like my pass rushers to have a twitch like Taco's.  He's a solid pick and may be just as good as Barnett or better. 

Sorry if this doesn't post well to your smartphones.  Obviously the cut & paste works correctly only on computer.  Not sure about tablets.  Can anyone let me know if you can see this well on your tablet?

We have completed the first half of round 1.  Very nice job by everyone participating! Let's keep it going.  My goal is to do 3 rounds, if feasible.

Round Pick Team GM Player School Position Comp NFL Trade Notes
1 1 Cleveland Browns ajh2 Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE    
1 2 San Francisco 49ers theirish Solomon Thomas Stanford DE    
1 3 Chicago Bears Darin3 Jonathan Allen Alabama DT    
1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish Malik Hooker Ohio State FS    
1 5 Tennessee Titans Darin3 Jamal Adams LSU SS   from Rams
1 6 New York Jets Dcat O.J. Howard Alabama TE    
1 7 Los Angeles Chargers Darin3 Jabrill Peppers Michigan SS    
1 8 Carolina Panthers Irish Leonard Fournette LSU RB    
1 9 Cincinnati Bengals CowboysDiehard Garett Bolles Utah OT    
1 10 Buffalo Bills Big John Marshon Lattimore Ohio State CB    
1 11 New Orleans Saints ajh2 Christian McCaffrey Stanford RB    
1 12 Cleveland Browns ajh2 Reuben Foster Alabama ILB   from Eagles
1 13 Arizona Cardinals Trojanmojo Mitch Trubisky North Carolina QB    
1 14 Philadelphia Eagles fitzkek Derek Barnett Tennessee DE   from Vikings
1 15 Indianapolis Colts BeeR Taco Charlton Michigan DE    
1 16 Baltimore Ravens HBTC Mike Williams Clemson WR    
1 17 Washington Redskins CowboysDiehard Dalvin Cook Florida State RB    
1 18 Tennessee Titans Darin3         on-the-clock
1 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers HBTC          
1 20 Denver Broncos ajh2          
1 21 Detroit Lions Def.          
Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

Titans brass and fans were hoping Mike Williams would be here, but will "settle" for Corey Davis.  Rishard Matthews and Tajae Sharpe are fine complementary receivers but the Titans need a #1 guy.  Some scouts feel Davis lacks star power, having dominated inferior competition.  But he checks off all the boxes perhaps except being an absolute physical beast.  He still wins 50-50 balls, runs crisp routes and can be a target hound.  Gives Marcus Mariota a legit blue-chip target for years to come.

On to @HowboutthemCowboys

Edited by darin3

If he falls, Cook is an interesting pick for Redskins that, at least from a talent perspective, makes a lot of sense.  They lost both WRs Garcon and Jackson, and so a WR would make sense too, but Cook is a better talent and also can catch, serving dual purpose of having the most dynamic RB they've had in forever and helping the pass game. 

Just now, BeeR said:

If he falls, Cook is an interesting pick for Redskins that, at least from a talent perspective, makes a lot of sense.  They lost both WRs Garcon and Jackson, and so a WR would make sense too, but Cook is a better talent and also can catch, serving dual purpose of having the most dynamic RB they've had in forever and helping the pass game. 

:thinking:

They spent a high pick on Josh Doctson last year, got a steal in Jamison Crowder, and signed Terrelle Pryor.  

Cook would be a nice 1b to Fat Rob's 1a.

@Wpob is up. 

Detroit was looking for a big body receiver or DL, but with the DL pool getting hit hard and both Davis and Williams gone changed it up for another need.

Dolphins also need DL but again hit hard already.  Brings them to OG or CB and though CB was tempting, OG is a huge need and the class is thin so have to hope the CB class is really as deep as they say. 

6 hours ago, darin3 said:

Titans brass and fans were hoping Mike Williams would be here, but will "settle" for Corey Davis.  Rishard Matthews and Tajae Sharpe are fine complementary receivers but the Titans need a #1 guy.  Some scouts feel Davis lacks star power, having dominated inferior competition.  But he checks off all the boxes perhaps except being an absolute physical beast.  He still wins 50-50 balls, runs crisp routes and can be a target hound.  Gives Marcus Mariota a legit blue-chip target for years to come.

On to @HowboutthemCowboys

Honestly, I've seen more Titans' fans wanting Corey Davis over Mike Williams (myself included). Williams' lack of separation is a big concern for me, especially since the Titans coaching staff has yet to show they can scheme WRs open. I think Davis' greater speed and better route running give him the edge. I would be very pleased if they took Davis at 18, even if Williams was still there.

• Like 2

@Wpob was tagged 13-14 hours ago (between 9 - 10 pm eastern) last night.

I think its fair to give him another 2 hours to make his pick.  So the Giants are OTC until 1:00pm (Eastern) 2 hrs from now. Otherwise the pick will be made for him.  Sending a PM also now.

Sorry about the late pick.  Work the overnight and we had training and could not get to the computer. 

i took Watson because I feel Eli is about to fall off the cliff.  Maybe not this year but definitely next.  I love Watson and feel he is a solid bridge from Eli and settles us at QB for another decade. 

Will try try to make the Texans pick a lot faster. 

29 minutes ago, Wpob said:

Sorry about the late pick.  Work the overnight and we had training and could not get to the computer. 

i took Watson because I feel Eli is about to fall off the cliff.  Maybe not this year but definitely next.  I love Watson and feel he is a solid bridge from Eli and settles us at QB for another decade. 

Will try try to make the Texans pick a lot faster. 

1st, his name is now appropriately "E-Lie" Manning. :)

I'm surprised by the Watson pick.  But perhaps because I've made up my mind that his arm strength and accuracy on deeper passes is so bad that he has no place as an early pick in the draft.  The MetLife winds are going to expose him.  In thinking which way to go for the Giants had you not shown up to make the pick, I probably would have gone DT since they just lost Hankins in FA.  It's the one weakness on the line.  Put in a stud next to Harrison and you have probably the best  4-3 DL in the NFL with Pierre-Paul, Snacks, the new DT and Vernon.  I was also thinking RB and TE for them.  Had Cook still been on the board, I'll bet he would have been the pick.  And plenty of solid TEs left in the TE pool.  

Thanks for getting your pick in.  

I'm about to enter Cowboys Diehard's pick so you are OTC again right now for the Houston Texans!

Edited by Dcat

I like Kizer but I am probably in the minority.   I feel OBrien will be able to coach him better than Kelly and in two years he will be their full time starter. 

I also feel the Texans will sign another veteran QB this off season (Cutler?) and give Kizer time to grow.  

I am guessing I might have gotten him next round but wanted to secure him. 

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

fixed.  changing TB pick to Ross.

Yikes.  Unpack that one a bit with the D-Jax signing?  Maybe thinking he'd be a perfect mentor?  The two are already in contact since Ross is basically D-Jax 2.0, but I dunno... I think the Bucs would go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yikes.  Unpack that one a bit with the D-Jax signing?  Maybe thinking he'd be a perfect mentor?  The two are already in contact since Ross is basically D-Jax 2.0, but I dunno... I think the Bucs would go elsewhere.

For offense, I was thinking Cam Robinson there.  Its a shame that the top 3 RBs were off the board.  They could use one.  

For defense, they need a corner. but plenty of good corners for rds 2/3 so Id probably go OLB 

• DMD unpinned this topic