[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Huddle 2017 NFL Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

Irish will make his own pick later.  He sent me a few names, but it was clear he wasn't looking at value.  He'll be joining in to make his pick.  He's still on the clock.  If he doesnt pick by  about 6 pm, then I'll use one of the names he sent me.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Irish will make his own pick later.  He sent me a few names, but it was clear he wasn't looking at value.  He'll be joining in to make his pick.  He's still on the clock.  If he doesnt pick by  about 6 pm, then I'll use one of the names he sent me.  

OK.  We really should try and get more than 1 pick in per day though. 

Just now, Trojanmojo said:

OK.  We really should try and get more than 1 pick in per day though. 

Hey I agree with that.  Lets see what happens by around 6 pm.  I'll use one of the players he sent to me. Just want to give him  chance to look at the board.

we have over a week left. We should be able to get through round 3 and maybe a little of round 4 if we are lucky.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hey I agree with that.  Lets see what happens by around 6 pm.  I'll use one of the players he sent to me. Just want to give him  chance to look at the board.

we have over a week left. We should be able to get through round 3 and maybe a little of round 4 if we are lucky.

Just antsy to pick for Rams lol

59 minutes ago, Big John said:

Do we need to wait for fitzkek?  He last visited when he volunteered for the Eagles on Apr 10.

go ahead and make the Eagles pick.  And you row too.  Otherwise I can do the Eagles when I get home in another hour.  

Yup, he hasn't shown up at all.  Hope he is alright. 

Eagles have a pressing need at CB and just saw Conley sniped from them, so they went with the backup plan of Wilson.

Bills have a need at WR so went with an intriguing prospect of Kupp.

Edited by Big John

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Indianapolis Colts, @BeeR, are OTC

BeeR hasn't been around theHuddle since Friday.  I see the Colts three biggest needs as Edge rusher, Running Back and Corner.  BeeR selected Taco in round 1 for the Edge.  I selected the highest rated available CB to fill that big need. Cordrea Tankersly is big, long, fast and and excellent in man coverage.  I believe him to be one of the underrated CBs in a strong class.

Ravens are O-T-C

Edited by Dcat

6 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Pardon the disappearance.  Had serious medical situation pop up.  No not STD. ;) Afraid I'm out

Speedy recovery, my friend.  Health always comes first.  

Now we have 3 orphan teams.  We'll select by committee for them unless some new comes around.  

@HowboutthemCowboys...  Ravens have been OTC since 4 this afternoon Eastern time.  I'll give it to morning when I check in or Ill make the pick for Baltimore so we can move forward with my pick for the Vikings followed by the Redskins and then you again for Tampa Bay.

Thursday morning-afternoon Schedule:

Ravens (if no pick posted, I'll make the pick)

Vikings (me)

Redskins @CowboysDiehard

Buccaneers (you..  if you are not around again we'll make the pick after an hour or so)

Broncos & Browns @ajh2

Lions & Dolphins @Def.

OK... haven't heard anything from @HowboutthemCowboys regarding the Ravens pick.  Ravens went on the clock around 4 pm Estern Yesterday.  I'll move this along and make the pick for him since the Ravens had all evening and this morning to check in.  Then I'll make my Vikings pick and Washington will be OTC 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

OK... haven't heard anything from @HowboutthemCowboys regarding the Ravens pick.  Ravens went on the clock around 4 pm Estern Yesterday.  I'll move this along and make the pick for him since the Ravens had all evening and this morning to check in.  Then I'll make my Vikings pick and Washington will be OTC 

@HowboutthemCowboys Tampa Bay is on deck.   After the next pick (Redskins'), we'll give the Buccaneers 1 hour OTC once you are tagged in the post.  If you're still not around,  we'll step in and pick for you again in order to keep things moving..  

Also, we can't PM you. We I try to send you a PM, it says you cannot receive messages.  Not sure why?

Edited by Dcat

Once again, this probably won't show right on your Smartphones but here goes:

Results for 1st half of Round 2:

2 1 Cleveland Browns ajh2 Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech QB    
2 2 San Francisco 49ers theirish Adoree Jackson Southern California CB    
2 3 Jacksonville Jaguars theirish David Njoku Miami (Fla.) TE    
2 4 Chicago Bears Darin3 Obi Melifonwu Connecticut SS    
2 5 Los Angeles Rams Trojanmojo Tim Williams Alabama OLB    
2 6 Los Angeles Chargers Darin3 Brad Kaaya Miami (Fla.) QB    
2 7 New York Jets Dcat Jarrad Davis Florida ILB    
2 8 Carolina Panthers Irish Carl Lawson Auburn DE    
2 9 Cincinnati Bengals CowboysDiehard Dion Dawkins Temple OG    
2 10 New Orleans Saints ajh2 Gareon Conley Ohio State CB    
2 11 Philadelphia Eagles Orphan2 Quincy Wilson Florida CB    
2 12 Buffalo Bills Big John Cooper Kupp Eastern Washington WR    
2 13 Arizona Cardinals Trojanmojo Teez Tabor Florida CB    
2 14 Indianapolis Colts Orphan1 Cordrea Tankersley Clemson CB    
2 15 Baltimore Ravens HBTC Jordan Willis Kansas State DE    
2 16 Minnesota Vikings Dcat Dan Feeney Indiana OG    
2 17 Washington Redskins CowboysDiehard         On the Clock
2 18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers HBTC          
2 19 Denver Broncos ajh2          
2 20 Cleveland Browns ajh2         from Titans
2 21 Detroit Lions Def.          
2 22 Miami Dolphins Def.          
2 23 New York Giants wpob          
2 24 Oakland Raiders CowboysDiehard          
2 25 Houston Texans wpob          
2 26 Seattle Seahawks heehawks          
2 27 Kansas City Chiefs Dcat          
2 28 Dallas Cowboys Irish          
2 29 Green Bay Packers Big John          
2 30 Pittsburgh Steelers Irish          
2 31 Atlanta Falcons Trojanmojo          
2 32 Carolina Panthers Irish         from Patriots

Detroit (or many teams really) would be thrilled to have McDowell available for them at this pick.  Detroit's line is aging so this is a good pick for them.  Initially was targeting Engram but he didn't make it back. 

• Like 1

Considered going offensive here but the need on the other side of the ball is too great.  Sidney is going to fall due to the injury, but think the Dolphins would be willing to take the chance he comes back to form after the plethora of CB talent that is drafted before their pick.  

With these two picks, I retire.  I really was only expecting the one round as originally intended and do not have the acumen to replicate picks NFL teams will make going any deeper. 

• Like 1

Smith-Schuster will make a terrific possession receiver for Alex Smith and the Chiefs.  Neither Maclin nor Hill are the type to win on jump balls. fades or over the middle.  JuJu's stock is late round 2-3 only because of his 4.54 40.  

• DMD unpinned this topic