[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft

BeeR

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Some top prospects draft status may be tumbling, if a name is released before the draft.

Top NFL draft prospect accused of sexual assault in Cleveland

Guy who heard some of this on the radio says speculation is one of the OSU DBs (Lattimore or Hooker) both are from Cleveland area.

ETA:  I was misinformed, Hooker is not from CLE area (closer to PIT from New Castle PA).

Its Gareon Conley (RotoWorld).  Seems to be the new trend these last couple years to have questionable/damaging things coming out right before/at draft.  :(

27 minutes ago, Def. said:

Its Gareon Conley (RotoWorld).  Seems to be the new trend these last couple years to have questionable/damaging things coming out right before/at draft.  :(

Well (the really bad word)! That was supposedly who the Saints were targeting at 11 and coveted over Lattimore. 

4 hours ago, Def. said:

Meant come back and post an update, damn work got in the way (finally done with at 7PM).

12 hours ago, BeeR said:

Ah those classy NFL playahs   :rolleyes:   And from an OSU guy?  Shocking!

He was a strong candidate for the Colts in Rd 1 also.  Hopefully not any more.

He may be totally innocent, he says nothing happened, she went to the hospital that night and they did the rape kit. So the first questions should be "does the test show she had sex, are their signs of force, bodily fluid (is it his)"   If he would have claimed to have had consensual sex, then all those things would matter less (signs of force may not be conclusive).  The fact that there were other people i the room (yes his friend, and another woman) to corroborate his story, its been a couple of weeks since the incident was reported and investigation started.

How much can teams do to find out more and determine what the real risk is. And how far does he fall, 2nd, 3rd?

19 minutes ago, darin3 said:

From what I heard, there is one person corroborating her side, and two on his side.  Looks like someone wants a payday to me.  :shrug:

Should of probably waited till after the draft then. 

41 minutes ago, Def. said:

Should of probably waited till after the draft then. 

La'el Collins had same thing happen to him a couple years ago.  Laremy Tunsil with the gas mask last year.

This person could have blackmailed him... pay me or I'll put this out there and ruin your stock.

Y'all are right.  We'll probably never know the truth.  But he is likely to slide either way.

Speaking of movers, I'm getting the impression Mahones could go anywhere from Top 15 to late 2d ish.  People are all over the map on this guy. 

Oh I get it..just saying if you're money grabbing its stupid to do anything until after the draft, cause they don't have any money yet.  Honestly both Tunsil's and this one make me think spite is the reason more then anything. 

• Like 1

Diff topic, rumours still flying about Trubisky to CLE with the first pick.  :whack:

Even if they go with him or a QB somewhat later, anyone else wondering why seemingly no one thinks Kessler deserves a shot and CLE "has" to get a QB?  

38 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Diff topic, rumours still flying about Trubisky to CLE with the first pick.  :whack:

Even if they go with him or a QB somewhat later, anyone else wondering why seemingly no one thinks Kessler deserves a shot and CLE "has" to get a QB?  

If they take Mitch with the first pick, I'm opening up the Uber app, closing out my tab and going home

On another note, I tried to get reservations at this one bar for tonight about a week ago, they told me the place was closed for a private party for Mitch

Edited by loaf

44 minutes ago, BeeR said:

:shrug:  I agree with them, Kessler is not the answer.  That being said I would not be drafting any QB in the first round this year, but I'm not an NFL GM...I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loaf said:

If they take Mitch with the first pick, I'm opening up the Uber app, closing out my tab and going home

On another note, I tried to get reservations at this one bar for tonight about a week ago, they told me the place was closed for a private party for Mitch

First on the picks, if Browns take Trubisky #1 overall I'm done with them.

Second the rumors I've been hearing the most are they will trade #12 and a second (this year or next) to TEN for #5, and take Trubisky there. If they really feel Trubisky is their guy I can understand making moves, or even taking him at #1. But it seems like a collossal reach and earlier in the week a report came out that Hue and the front office wanted Garrett #1 and Haslams (wifey too) told him "Trubisky or Garappalo at QB, using the #1 pick, make it happen".

On the bar front, friend of mine was getting together with a group of friend here in suburban Akron, went to reserve a table and could barely get one for 12 because of a big party from Browns backers for the draft, and a wedding party. I was going to join them, but got a late exit from work and still want to get to the gym. Never been a big "drafty party" guy too much wasted time and listening to the annoying "experts".

Go Browns, draft BPA for defense, don't worry about QB now. But if you do draft a QB high, he better succeed or you will (rightly) be fired.

3 hours ago, Def. said:

:shrug:  I agree with them, Kessler is not the answer.  

Because?  Honest question.  I only saw bits n pieces but he looked promising when I saw him (on that crapass team no less) and while stats can be misleading, those are pretty good too.  I don't think anyone knows whether he can be the answer yet or not, but why draft him if you're not going to give him a shot?  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

First on the picks, if Browns take Trubisky #1 overall I'm done with them.

Second the rumors I've been hearing the most are they will trade #12 and a second (this year or next) to TEN for #5, and take Trubisky there. If they really feel Trubisky is their guy I can understand making moves, or even taking him at #1. But it seems like a collossal reach and earlier in the week a report came out that Hue and the front office wanted Garrett #1 and Haslams (wifey too) told him "Trubisky or Garappalo at QB, using the #1 pick, make it happen".

No wonder they're such a joke year after year; their owner is a pig-headed retard (old news, I guess).  I pity any HC or GM for that team.  Someone needs to get him to talk to Mike Brown who learned the hard way (and after many years of similar stupidity):  let the people with a clue about football run the draft.  

35 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Because?  Honest question.  I only saw bits n pieces but he looked promising when I saw him (on that crapass team no less) and while stats can be misleading, those are pretty good too.  I don't think anyone knows whether he can be the answer yet or not, but why draft him if you're not going to give him a shot?  

He is 6'1" and doesn't have a strong arm.  He will need to overachieve to become an average NFL quarterback.  That's not something a team builds around.  The Browns can draft a quarterback and still start Kessler or Osweiler this year.  They can always trade a quarterback if more than one plays well.