[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft

BeeR

4 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Wow. I bet Darin just spit up his beer. 

I'm not even gonna read the rest of this thread.  I have never been so embarrassed and pissed off in my life.  I am wrapping up - hopefully - a 3-month stint of unemployment and decided to enjoy the nice weather and did some day drinking today while prepping for the draft.  Myles Garrett?  Yeah, that was great.  Then I saw the trade.  Initial thoughts... shoot, they got spooked by the John Lynch / safety thing, they want both want Jamal Adams (generational talent, Bears were last in TOs last year)..... then 30-45 seconds of thinking happened............... no........ wait..... no way the Bears flinch like that.  Niners will take Solomon Thomas.  If Niners call bluff and take Adams, Bears either move down or take Lattimore.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.  The dumbest move EVER.  I've been "covering" the NFL for close to 12 years now.  I've been a Bear fan for 33+.  

You can call me a fair weather fan but if Trubisky isn't Aaron Rodgers 2.0 by 2020, I am officially changing my allegiance.  This is a potential franchise killing move.  I cannot put into words how pissed I am.  Glad I was at my usual watering hole where I could swear at the top of my lungs.  Had I been at BWW or something I would have either cashed out and left or got kicked out.

• Like 1

It was a great night...until I realized I was at a table full of Bears fans.  To say I had to endure some somber (the really bad word)ers would be an understatement.   

Oh and to all my Bears buddies, don't ever mock the Jordan pick again....don't you even try bitches! :pokey:

:rant::bash::rant::bash:

Ryan Pace and the Bears got taken to the fracking cleaners by a 49ers gm who was a broadcaster last year.

If the Bears had ended up with DeShaun Watson, I'd feel better about the trade. I think Watson is for real.

Mitch Trubisky sat on the bench for two years behind...drum roll please... QB Marquise Williams...who hasn't played an NFL down.

That's 13 career starts for Trubisky.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2017/04/why_did_mitchell_trubisky_only.html

Carry on.

:sick::sick::sick::sick:

I'm really upset with the Browns...Not because of Garrett, that was a no brainer and glad they didn't muck that up.

Sitting at 12, with Hooker and Watson staring them in the face...and two of their biggest holes that need filled...they trade out and take Peppers...that stops this from being the bigger impact draft that it could've been.

41 minutes ago, loaf said:

I'm really upset with the Browns...Not because of Garrett, that was a no brainer and glad they didn't muck that up.

Sitting at 12, with Hooker and Watson staring them in the face...and two of their biggest holes that need filled...they trade out and take Peppers...that stops this from being the bigger impact draft that it could've been.

I'd rather have the pick then either of them.  Honestly think its a good move.  Hooker is going to be very boom or bust with his play style and I've already stated I don't think any of the QBs were 1st round worthy.  Defense is still deep at the moment in this draft, so you can use other picks now to address needs while you've already added on picks for next year when the QB class improves. 

• Like 3

What def said.   I liked Colts getting Hooker, incredible value in fact, but he is kinda risky not unlike Bob Sanders was. 

Day 2 could be interesting too.  Wonder who gets Kizer?   AZ might get the guy some people (idiotically) said they should draft in Rd 1. 

21 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

The bigger question is who gets Zay Jones???

:wink:

:lol:

I initially wanted Tennessee to trade down in the 8-12 range and pick Corey Davis there, since I thought he was a small reach at 5. However, after seeing Williams and Ross get taken right behind him at 7 and 9, I'm glad they didn't trade back. I would've liked OJ Howard at 18, but without a second round pick getting a CB was a definite need-to-do there. Not entirely sold on Jackson but in JRob I trust.

Now I'm hoping they grab Sidney Jones at some point, let him sit and heel (sorry) for a year. He'll be a steal for whoever gets him in my opinion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BeeR said:

No wonder they're such a joke year after year; their owner is a pig-headed retard (old news, I guess).  I pity any HC or GM for that team.  Someone needs to get him to talk to Mike Brown who learned the hard way (and after many years of similar stupidity):  let the people with a clue about football run the draft.

I think those reports I heard about Haslam telling them to use #1 pick to get a QB was well krafted smoke blown up the butt of some NFL expert who was willing to share it with the league as his "expert insider info".  That allowed SF to get the Bears to think the Browns (and others) were interested in Trubisky and they had to have him. Not sure if they were considering Mahomes at #12, buf if they wanted Watson he was there at 12 (and they probably could ahve offered the Bills more than the Chiefs to get to 10 for Mahomes).

I think this team was not interested in the top QBs with high picks, might take one today or later, as a project to see if he can show something. Otherwise they have 2 first round picks next year (plus some other extra picks in early rounds) to package to move up to get a top QB next year. And I doubt they win more than 4-5 games so they won't have far to move up from.

Hoping Haslam has finally learned to stop interfering, and give his guys some time (3-5 years not 1-2) to build this team.

Sashi Brown was channeling his best Kevin Costner last night, except they didn't have to trade up to first, they were already there. Before his submitted his pick, he looked at his Sticky note and stuck with the defensive player. Its almost like they watched the movie the night before.

Watson is the next Bo Callahan, and Pace looked like the Jaguars GM after the Browns blew up their draft in the movie

Edited by jamesplante11

20 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Drew Pearson...I love you 

Awesome

That was awesome btw.

Is it just me or does this draft truly have some of the worst landing spots going to the offensive players?

Edited by Def.