[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft

BeeR

2 hours ago, BeeR said:

If any hard-core people interested here is (supposedly) the best of the undrafteds:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804999/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-the-2017-nfl-draft

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft

Better list, maybe.

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Cleveland will need to knock it out of the park for 2-3 years straight to make a dent, but yes they did. 

I'm not sure that's the case.  They already have a ton of talent - albeit young - on the roster.  Corey Coleman, Duke Johnson... now they add the freaky TE.  The defense got a LOT better with Peppers and Garrett.  If anything, they just need 2-3 years for the talent to adjust to the NFL game.  If they do well in the draft again next year (hello, franchise QBs galore) then in a few years we may be talking about them not as a joke, but a contender or at minimum a playoff team.  

They've already made a dent.  Hopefully the front office and coaching staff doesn't eff it all up.

31 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

A small dent, yes. They made it. OL is horrible - CB's are not good. They need to do well 2-3 more years in a row in the draft. 

They signed two OL in free agency that should improve it and provide some depth. I doubt they win more than 4-5 games. What they need is consistency and steady improvement, not a new coach and/or GM every 2 years or less. So hopefully this group is given that time to work, I thinking drafting a QB high would have meant a shorter leash.

5 hours ago, gilthorp said:

A small dent, yes. They made it. OL is horrible - CB's are not good. They need to do well 2-3 more years in a row in the draft. 

i dunno man that o line looks pretty good to me, on paper anyway. zeitler doesn't get much recognition but he's basically an all pro level guard. also, don't overlook jamar taylor. a free agency diamond in the rough last year who they gave a 3 year contract to a few months ago.

the browns are kinda like the jaguars right now imo. adding tons of talent, but it probably won't really all come together until they find the right QB. if i were a browns fan, i might actually be a bit worried about the fact they took kizer, cause they could end up viewing it as a reason to not use all those picks they've accumulated to ensure they get Darnold next year. thought it was a great pick aside from that. if he shows promise, i have a hard time seeing them take a QB like that while they have a young QB like kizer who's seen as a "franchise QB" by the media and fans on the roster.

10 hours ago, alchico said:

Bears signed a basketball player who hasn’t played football since high school

The next Antonio Gates?

10 hours ago, gilthorp said:

^ No

Wait what?  Who?  Did I miss something?  Are y'all talking about Shaheen?  If so... uh.. no.  That was probably the Bears' best pick, which makes me mad 'cuz I'd rather just have the whole class suck balls to get Pace fired.

Shaheen is a monster. 

34 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Wait what?  Who?  Did I miss something?  Are y'all talking about Shaheen?  If so... uh.. no.  That was probably the Bears' best pick, which makes me mad 'cuz I'd rather just have the whole class suck balls to get Pace fired.

Shaheen is a monster. 

Nope

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/29/15442116/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-2017-nfl-draft

Joel Bouganon, RB, Northern Illinois

Tanner Gentry, WR, Wyoming

Franko House, basketball forward, Ball State

Dieugot Joseph, OT, Florida International

Andy Phillips, K, Utah

Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State

Literally, they list him as basketball player haha

Edited by flemingd

The 2017 NFL Draft was the 82nd annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible football players. It was held in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art from April 27–29, returning to Philadelphia for the first time since 1961. The player selections were announced from an outdoor theater built on the Rocky Steps, marking the first time an entire NFL draft was held outdoors. On April 29, 2017 the NFL announced that the 2017 Draft was the most attended in history with more than 250,000 people attending.

• Like 1

On April-27-17 at 10:05 PM, Trojanmojo said:

No.  This feels like an LA move for the Chargers...adding entertainment/offense to make more of a splash. Should have taken the safety.  And the Bengals?   They have much more dire needs elsewhere.

The Chargers definitely needed a WR.  Keenan Allen is regularly hurt and the rest were serviceable only because of Rivers.   Rivers is getting up there and needs playmakers around him.  I like what Tyrell Williams brought but even he was an UDFA.

Edited by rebdog
error

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Saying Shaheen is a monster is like saying Chad Johnson will lead the Mexican Football League in receiving yards and touchdowns. 

I'm not sure what this means.  Shaheen is a nice talent. :shrug:

4 hours ago, rebdog said:

The Chargers definitely needed a WR.  Keenan Allen is regularly hurt and the rest were serviceable only because of Rivers.   Rivers is getting up there and needs playmakers around him.  I like what Tyrell Williams brought but even he was an UDFA.

Yeah, Rivers is at his best when he has a big, physical, go-get-it WR.  Think Vincent Jackson.  Keenan Allen is an awesome talent and guys like Tyrell and Inman were nice fill-ins, but this brings a missing dimension to the Bolt passing game.  Rivers may have one of his best fantasy seasons evah.  Allen, Williams x 2, Inman, Gates, Henry, and a competent Gordon behind him.  

It meant he is a huge specimen and has played against nothing.

Jace Amaro sure seemed like a for sure talent as well.

Bears don't need project after project and did they need a TE or defense?

Couldn't be more disappointed but what do I know? Obviously nothing compared to Pace.

• Like 2