[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help - Gronk

Shabs

I have a trade right now of Gronk for TE- Higbee and RB -Ajayi.  It is a 1 point ppr dynasty league.  I still have Brate and Ladarius Green @ TE and only have Ameer Abdulah and a collection of change of pace running backs.

Please post your thoughts

36 minutes ago, Shabs said:

I have a trade right now of Gronk for TE- Higbee and RB -Ajayi.  It is a 1 point ppr dynasty league.  I still have Brate and Ladarius Green @ TE and only have Ameer Abdulah and a collection of change of pace running backs.

Please post your thoughts

You need more then Higbee and Ajayi. 

My early season rankings (This doesn't account for rookies yet until after the draft so the rankings will change). Ajayi in PPR I have as the 11th ranked RB. Higbee is nowhere close at 27. Gronk as the #1 TE (all be it, he probably won't finish the season like usual).

Brate is the 12th ranked TE so you're in good shape with him, but I would get someone other than Higbee (who would probably never see your lineup) to pair with Ajayi in this trade.

Given your RB situation and the fact that Ajayi should be keeper gold for several years to come, I'd do this trade. You have a 2 serviceable TE's in Brate and the fragile Green whom I like a lot with Ben if he can stay healthy! See if he will give you someone better than Higbee but if not I would still pull the trigger on this!

Edited by KBzFootball

Just to counter some of these (cause damn really?)...

3 hours ago, GangGreenLantern said:

You need more then Higbee and Ajayi. 

My early season rankings (This doesn't account for rookies yet until after the draft so the rankings will change). Ajayi in PPR I have as the 11th ranked RB. Higbee is nowhere close at 27. Gronk as the #1 TE (all be it, he probably won't finish the season like usual).

Brate is the 12th ranked TE so you're in good shape with him, but I would get someone other than Higbee (who would probably never see your lineup) to pair with Ajayi in this trade.

Ajayi as 11th seems a little low even in a PPR.  He may not catch a ton of balls, but he will get the major share of rushes provided he stays upright.  Higbee also has good upside this year with Kendrick gone and an offense scheme not straight out of the 90's.  That being said, I agree the offer is a little light for Gronk, but Gronk's injury history isn't doing him any favors and I firmly believe there is a reason the Patriots have added multiple pass catchers (both WR & RB) this off-season.   

12 minutes ago, KBzFootball said:

Given your RB situation and the fact that Ajayi should be keeper gold for several years to come, I'd do this trade. You have a 2 serviceable TE's in Brate and the fragile Green whom I like a lot with Ben if he can stay healthy! See if he will give you someone better than Higbee but if not I would still pull the trigger on this!

Ajayi will NEVER play for several more years.  With the reported injury history, those knee's will not withstand the punishment.  If you make the trade, realize you're only making the trade for this coming year cause beyond that is a crapshoot.  Majority of runningbacks don't have a window longer then 2-3 years anyways now a days.

On 4/21/2017 at 10:57 AM, Def. said:

Just to counter some of these (cause damn really?)...

Ajayi as 11th seems a little low even in a PPR.  He may not catch a ton of balls, but he will get the major share of rushes provided he stays upright.  Higbee also has good upside this year with Kendrick gone and an offense scheme not straight out of the 90's.  That being said, I agree the offer is a little light for Gronk, but Gronk's injury history isn't doing him any favors and I firmly believe there is a reason the Patriots have added multiple pass catchers (both WR & RB) this off-season.   

Ajayi will NEVER play for several more years.  With the reported injury history, those knee's will not withstand the punishment.  If you make the trade, realize you're only making the trade for this coming year cause beyond that is a crapshoot.  Majority of runningbacks don't have a window longer then 2-3 years anyways now a days.

Let's take a close look at it. Ajayi finished 12th last season among RB's in total scoring in FULL Ppr. We're in the offseason, with no draft yet, and no preseason. Remove Blount from that top 12 (who finished 8th) since he isn't signed and will easily be the one guy who slides out. 

Now come end of preaseason, Ajayi could easily be ranked top 8, but we also have to take into consideration what the draft shows us in terms of which of those top 3 guys go to the right situation, that could change things as well. Preseason ranks (or even pre preseason at this point) are very challenging and will change more than once before the season starts. 

Keep an eye out for my website which will be completed before the season, with FULL ranking, news/notes, weekly projections, start/sit and advice and more. 

Edited by GangGreenLantern

2 hours ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Let's take a close look at it. Ajayi finished 12th last season among RB's in total scoring in FULL Ppr. We're in the offseason, with no draft yet, and no preseason. Remove Blount from that top 12 (who finished 8th) since he isn't signed and will easily be the one guy who slides out. 

Now come end of preaseason, Ajayi could easily be ranked top 8, but we also have to take into consideration what the draft shows us in terms of which of those top 3 guys go to the right situation, that could change things as well. Preseason ranks (or even pre preseason at this point) are very challenging and will change more than once before the season starts. 

Keep an eye out for my website which will be completed before the season, with FULL ranking, news/notes, weekly projections, start/sit and advice and more. 

Sorry to offend, but after taking a close (couple minutes) look I got to say that is some horrible analysis.  You could of mentioned things like Ajayi's was not a starter till week 6 or the inconsistent performances he put up as the featured back or even expound on the injury history and its affect on your ranking.  But instead your breakdown is Blount isn't signed, its off-season, and oh hey let me use this opportunity to promote my website (or blog, whatever) I'll have someday.  Really?  :doh:

On 4/22/2017 at 2:57 PM, Def. said:

Sorry to offend, but after taking a close (couple minutes) look I got to say that is some horrible analysis.  You could of mentioned things like Ajayi's was not a starter till week 6 or the inconsistent performances he put up as the featured back or even expound on the injury history and its affect on your ranking.  But instead your breakdown is Blount isn't signed, its off-season, and oh hey let me use this opportunity to promote my website (or blog, whatever) I'll have someday.  Really?  :doh:

You're a Fins fan upset about his ranking LOL..

Look at any site with rankings right now (Fantasypros, the fantasy footballers, pff, and on and on), he's ranked anywhere from 6th to 13th, so is his 11th rank that GGL gave him absurd? Evidently not.

Not to mention GGL has give some tremendous advice on this site over the last season or so. To a tremendous amount of people, No clue who you are..... Take off the rose colored fins glasses. 

1 hour ago, Black_N_Gold said:

You're a Fins fan upset about his ranking LOL..

Look at any site with rankings right now (Fantasypros, the fantasy footballers, pff, and on and on), he's ranked anywhere from 6th to 13th, so is his 11th rank that GGL gave him absurd? Evidently not.

Not to mention GGL has give some tremendous advice on this site over the last season or so. To a tremendous amount of people, No clue who you are..... Take off the rose colored fins glasses. 

Stating it's a little low is not upset, and if you didn't noticed me pointing out  Ajayi's previous injuries and consistency problems well then I can't help you.  And I'm sorry, again the analysis provided in the response was poor.  When I see crap advise I'm going to call it out.  But what "upsets" me is every Tom Dick and Harry showing up on this board promoting their own crappy product.  You want quality advice?  Why not look at the actual product that hosts the message board (you know, www.thehuddle.com).  If any of that offends you, well you can pound sand.   :shrug:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...