[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whaley out as Bills GM

ajh2

11 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Has this ever happened the day after the draft before? Seems really weird timing

Seriously.  Like, hey guys, go out and draft for us but then you're all fired cuz you suck.  But we'll be fine with whatever players you get for us in this excellent, deep draft, but you're fired after that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Maybe Terrence Pegula drafted for the Bills this year.  Playing general manager must be a big temptation for such a new owner.

That's what I was thinking, but why not just fire him 2 weeks ago and announce they have a team in place - without naming names - that was handling the draft?

Just super odd timing and gives them a scapegoat.  Weird.

I'm not going to believe anything the Bills camp says about this story. Owners usually lie instead of admit incompetence. If Mahomeboy was so important to draft that Whaley was fired for not drafting him, then Peluga should have exerted control before the Bills first round pick was traded.  But I don't believe Whaley was on double not-so-secret probation and fired for a bad draft.  It was reported that Whaley would be fired after the draft.  Whaley was fired after the draft.

Edited by michaelredd9

Idiots.  Mahomes is far from a bonafide stud and they got another #1 next year which could be used/packaged for a better QB (or who knows Taylor might work out or even Peterson will show future promise who they got for a song).  Yeah better fire that guy, I'd hate that.  lol @ BUF mgt

8 hours ago, BeeR said:

Mahomes is far from a bonafide stud and they got another #1 next year which could be used/packaged for a better QB 

The extra first round pick will also make general manager position a little more enticing.  And if they try to trade up in next year's Sam Darnold sweepstakes, that extra first round pick could be crucial.  Maybe this is all some sort of master plan?

20 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

The extra first round pick will also make general manager position a little more enticing.  And if they try to trade up in next year's Sam Darnold sweepstakes, that extra first round pick could be crucial.  Maybe this is all some sort of master plan?

If he comes out.  2018 QB class is loaded, I wouldn't be shocked if he stuck another year.