[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Rookie RB is...

DMD

The top rookie RB is...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most want to draft for this year?

• Leonard Fournette JAC
    • Christian McCaffrey CAR
    • Dalvin Cook MIN
    • Joe Mixon CIN

• DMD unpinned this topic

Better poll would be for multiple formats:

PPR

non-PPR

Redraft

Dynasty

Do a set for #1, #2, #3, #4 so we could see who is in each spot for each format. Rather than just the top RB.

Results would be different and more meaningful.

Edited by Riffraff

41 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

Better poll would be for multiple formats:

PPR

non-PPR

Redraft

Dynasty

Do a set for #1, #2, #3, #4 so we could see who is in each spot for each format. Rather than just the top RB.

Results would be different and more meaningful.

PPR dynasty - Fournette

non-PPR dynasty - Fournette

PPR redraft - Fournette

non-PPR redraft - Fournette

• Like 1

I like Mixon across the board really.  Hill sucks and is hardly competition.  Gio is okay but somewhat redundant now and expendable.  Mixon is going to be a 3 down beast...or at least has that potential.  I like the PPR potential of Christian but have a hard time imagining Newton becoming the king of dump off passes .  Not a fan of Cook especially behind that o-line.  Fournette is nice 1st and 2nd down but won't bring much in terms of PPR.  He's #3 for me.   

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojanmojo said:

I like Mixon across the board really.  Hill sucks and is hardly competition.  Gio is okay but somewhat redundant now and expendable.  Mixon is going to be a 3 down beast...or at least has that potential.  I like the PPR potential of Christian but have a hard time imagining Newton becoming the king of dump off passes .  Not a fan of Cook especially behind that o-line.  Fournette is nice 1st and 2nd down but won't bring much in terms of PPR.  He's #3 for me.   

The quality - or lack thereof - of the Vikings' OL is much ado about nothing.  They were banged up last year, brought in more talent, and if they remain healthy, will be fine.  Even with a sub-standard OL, a back like Cook doesn't need dominant run blocking to produce.

Fournette's perceived lack of PPR production is also much ado about nothing.  He has soft hands and runs well after catch.  Is he McCaffrey or even Cook -like in pass receiving?  No, but he's also not a 2-down plodder.  

Mixon's upside is insane.

Gio is coming off a ACL injury and Hill is not in favor after the last 2 years and is in final contract season anyway. There is an opportunity to step in and take the primary load for Mixon to be sure.

3 hours ago, Trojanmojo said:

Newton is a RB killer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Newton is a RB killer. 

Definitely truth to this . Stewart could get all the GL carries and you also have Newton vulturing

This is the most muddled I have seen for which rookie RB has the best outlook. That means they will all be valued like starters in fantasy drafts and four guys are a really, really high number compared to previous years.

20 hours ago, electricrelish said:

brutal.

Here's how the first TD call will go for Mixon:

"Bengals first and goal from the one.  Mixon the lone setback.  Dalton on the give to Mixon and he pun....uh....runs it in for the score!"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DMD said:

This is the most muddled I have seen for which rookie RB has the best outlook. That means they will all be valued like starters in fantasy drafts and four guys are a really, really high number compared to previous years.

Zeke affect, we're all going to be crying in our beers when it comes crashing down and we re-realize that the passing game is still king in today's NFL.