[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In-fighting in Bears front office

John Fox was supposedly in the dark about the Trubisky pick.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Its-really-bad-between-John-Fox-and-Ryan-Pace-52575870

And Mike Glennon is mad.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8374/mike-glennon

This is going to be a great 2017 season. :sick:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Trubisky's statements after the draft about him having hardly any contact with the Bears in the pre-draft process was pretty damning.   Probably one of the worst draft decisions I've ever seen.  I'm currently considering becoming a "free agent" in terms of my loyalties. :(

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

Trubisky's statements after the draft about him having hardly any contact with the Bears in the pre-draft process was pretty damning.   Probably one of the worst draft decisions I've ever seen.  I'm currently considering becoming a "free agent" in terms of my loyalties. :(

If the Bears had shown a lot of interest in Trubisky, it might have caused other teams to try to trade to the 2 spot.  If Trubisky is good, then this was a good move.  Why do you hate Trubisky so much?  In the film I've watched, Trubisky looks poised.  He is an accurate thrower with a quick release.  And he is mobile and athletic.  He looks similar to Aaron Rodgers to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

If the Bears had shown a lot of interest in Trubisky, it might have caused other teams to try to trade to the 2 spot.  If Trubisky is good, then this was a good move.  Why do you hate Trubisky so much?  In the film I've watched, Trubisky looks poised.  He is an accurate thrower with a quick release.  And he is mobile and athletic.  He looks similar to Aaron Rodgers to me.

There's ways to get a hold of a player without letting other teams know what you're up to.

Athletically, he compares favorably to Rodgers.  Between the ears and as a leader, he has a LONG way to go.

Edited by darin3

Glennon ought to be glad to even be in football..... he is not worthy of being an $18M QB..... not even 12M.

But this whole drafting at 2, with it being Trubisky, seems like someone was on acid when they made this deal. He would definitely have fallen to them at at 3 and the could have kept their picks intact.

Edited by Papa Deuce

18 hours ago, Papa Deuce said:

Glennon ought to be glad to even be in football..... he is not worthy of being an $18M QB..... not even 12M.

But this whole drafting at 2, with it being Trubisky, seems like someone was on acid when they made this deal. He would definitely have fallen to them at at 3 and the could have kept their picks intact.

That's obviously your opinion.  The Bears have done some dumb ish here but the signing of Glennon was actually not one of them.  Of course that's my opinion.  Glennon looked pretty good in spot duty for the Bucs.  

The Bears flinched HARD here.  They thought there was a chance SF was taking him OR possibly even trading the pick to CLE since they had the ammo.  So, the old adage "you do what it takes to get your guy" applies here.  It just ended up being wholly unnecessary.  And dumb.

• 1 month later...

The only thing that will help the Bears is a change of ownership.  It worked for the Blackhawks and the Cubs.  This McCaskey family has no clue what they are doing or how to run a franchise in this day and age.  

21 hours ago, blips said:

The only thing that will help the Bears is a change of ownership.  It worked for the Blackhawks and the Cubs.  This McCaskey family has no clue what they are doing or how to run a franchise in this day and age.  

Sad but true. Also true of the Browns, 49ers, Chargers, and Rams at a minimum.