[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles to DEN

DMD

Does Charles have anything left in the tank?

He turns 31 in December and has played just eight games in the last two years because of injuries.

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Does Charles have anything left in the tank?

Unlikely.  He was available for a reason.  He might flash a run here or there, but he's not going to contribute much.

Man being a RB in DEN is like being a QB in CHI. 

OK not that bad.  Still.......

My dynasty cut list just got easier.  Sorry Jamal.  You were great for a while but this is where we part ways.

15 hours ago, Big John said:

1 yer, 3.75M contract.

Read somewhere there is no guaranteed money.  Makes me wonder if there's a chance he doesn't make the roster. 

It isn't uncommon at all for a superstar to bounce back after being given up for dead.  It is less likely because he is 30 but it is still a definite possibility.  It is more likely for Charles to return to form than it is for a non-superstar to ascend to superstardom.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It isn't uncommon at all for a superstar to bounce back after being given up for dead.  It is less likely because he is 30 but it is still a definite possibility.  It is more likely for Charles to return to form than it is for a non-superstar to ascend to superstardom.

Returning to form is one thing. Not getting injured AGAIN is another 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Returning to form is one thing. Not getting injured AGAIN is another 

I don't mind taking that risk with an 8th-12th round pick.  I like my mid and lower draft picks to be high risk/high reward players over low ceiling/high floor players.  I don't mind drafting a guy who has a 10% chance of being elite.  Hopefully, 1 or 3 of my bench players pan out and I'll drop the rest for waiver wire pickups.  Depth has gotten so deep in fantasy that having picks in rounds 7-10 pan out isn't as important as it was 10 or 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I don't mind taking that risk with an 8th-12th round pick.  I like my mid and lower draft picks to be high risk/high reward players over low ceiling/high floor players.  I don't mind drafting a guy who has a 10% chance of being elite.  Hopefully, 1 or 3 of my bench players pan out and I'll drop the rest for waiver wire pickups.  Depth has gotten so deep in fantasy that having picks in rounds 7-10 pan out isn't as important as it was 10 or 20 years ago.

I'm down with that. But I'd be surprised as of right now if Charles lasts anywhere close to the 8th Rd. Toss in a good preseason game and there's no chance

7 hours ago, kdko said:

I really hope he does bounce back to form, or at least has a few more decent years in the tank.  I've always been a fan of him as a person, and admire his story.

Completely agree here.  Love the guy but I'd actually be surprised if he was on the roster after pre-season.  He's got to make the team first.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ImNotSoIgnorant said:

My guess would be for a RBBC between him and Anderson

That's probably true.   But Denver is a team that will be fighting just to make the playoffs because of their weakness at quarterback.  They will play the running back they think gives them the best chance to win.  They aren't going to be at all concerned about keeping Charles healthy.  Anderson will have to play better than he did last year and earn every carry he gets.

Any KC insiders know any more news on Jamal Charles?  I know he looked good in pre-season.  I took a late round flier on him last or so and considered it a garbage pick when I heard he might not even make the roster.  Now that has changed and you never know he could pull an AP year and bounce back huge. 

8 hours ago, LeonardPart6 said:

Any KC insiders know any more news on Jamal Charles?  I know he looked good in pre-season.  I took a late round flier on him last or so and considered it a garbage pick when I heard he might not even make the roster.  Now that has changed and you never know he could pull an AP year and bounce back huge. 

You might be better served to ask Broncos Homer's not Chiefs Homer's seeing as how he is backing up CJ Anderson and Denver not Kareem hunt in Kansas City

• Haha 1