[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN FF changes scoring rule

tazinib1

About time. My local used to have the best rule ever for our Def/ST. If your special teams had a kickoff or punt return against them, it would be -7 pts! Changed many a game and made it really fun to watch def/st. Once we went to online for our league, haven't been able to get any site to do it. 

Edited by heehawks

13 hours ago, heehawks said:

About time. My local used to have the best rule ever for our Def/ST. If your special teams had a kickoff or punt return against them, it would be -7 pts! Changed many a game and made it really fun to watch def/st. Once we went to online for our league, haven't been able to get any site to do it. 

That's a pretty big point swing for a standard league. So they would get a -7 and you would get the 6/7 for the D/ST TD? Yeah...I can see why no site will do that. 

Edited by tazinib1

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

That's a pretty big point swing for a standard league. So they would get a -7 and you would get the 6/7 for the D/ST TD? Yeah...I can see why no site will do that. 

Only if your D/ST was playing against your opponents D/ST.  Which didn't happen that often. However, there was nothing more exhilirating like being down 4 or 5 with no players left and only the oppenent's D/ST on Monday night and having Meggett rip off a 50 yd punt return late in the game to give you the win!! 

4 hours ago, heehawks said:

Only if your D/ST was playing against your opponents D/ST.  Which didn't happen that often. However, there was nothing more exhilirating like being down 4 or 5 with no players left and only the oppenent's D/ST on Monday night and having Meggett rip off a 50 yd punt return late in the game to give you the win!! 

I always read Meggett's name with Summerall's voice.  Ah, the good old days...

5 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

No different than the guy scoring a TD against your defense and ruining the shutout.  He gets 6 for the TD and you lose 6 (or whatever) for the shutout.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, flemingd said:

No different than the guy scoring a TD against your defense and ruining the shutout.  He gets 6 for the TD and you lose 6 (or whatever) for the shutout.

That's a little different. That's a point system based on points allowed which is pretty standard in standard scoring leagues. 

Edited by tazinib1