[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What rookie is gonna have the greatest fantasy impact of this draft class?

banerak

This was a pretty good draft for FF this year. was thinking about what player is gonna have the biggest fantasy impact in his rookie year. I am thinking O.J Howard( big Target in Winston) or Fournette( rare feature back status) Whats is the popular consensus here?

4 minutes ago, banerak said:

This was a pretty good draft for FF this year. was thinking about what player is gonna have the biggest fantasy impact in his rookie year. I am thinking O.J Howard( big Target in Winston) or Fournette( rare feature back status) Whats is the popular consensus here?

If you are talking Dynasty which I don't think you are but I'll tell you anyway it would be Cory Davis WR Tenn 

Redraft is kind of a crap shoot IMO but I'll have to say (and it probably won't be a popular choice but do I care? no): Joe Mixon RB Cin

4 minutes ago, banerak said:

I Believe i am the one who introduced you to FF as well Mr. Taz. LOL. 

No you introduced me to Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Hockey (and I won that league as a rookie haha)

7 minutes ago, banerak said:

Corey Davis is gonna be solid, Just have a feeling Howard is gonna be the go-to end zone target in TB.

Cory Davis will surpass anything Howard does almost weekly especially if you are playing PPR. He'll be a 1k plus yardage receiver in no time. Howard won't come close to that. 

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Very clever, taz.  Create an alias so you can extract dynasty info from your leaguemates. :clap:

lol I never thought of that but seriously...he's an old buddy of mine. 

16 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Very clever, taz.  Create an alias so you can extract dynasty info from your leaguemates. :clap:

I've actually done that. It was during the Fanball era and I made an alias to mess with everyone on the Forums. I believe it was 2v who caught me and I got suspended for 2 weeks lol. I asked him how he knew and he just said, ISP buddy. ISP. .... DOH!!! :busted:

Edited by tazinib1

I just think Fournette is going to be a beast!  I feel like he's going to have the ball in his hands a ton this year.  The other that could do really well is McCaffrey.  I know he's supposedly in a horrible system for him and the QB is all wrong.........I think he will surprise.

18 minutes ago, Def. said:

Lot of mouths on the Chargers.  Hard to see him having the greatest impact this year. 

Yes but given recent history, you can expect almost all of them to be on IR by mid-season

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Yes but given recent history, you can expect almost all of them to be on IR by mid-season

Never discount Rivers' love of big, physical WRs that he can just chuck it to in their general direction and have them go get it (see:  Malcom Floyd, V-Jax).

Allen is a good possession guy, but Inman and even Tyrell Williams are JAGs.  

• Like 1

As far as biggest impact this season -  I'd have to go with one of the RBs, and while i have flip flopped a little bit, I do think Fournette is in the spot to most likely be the top producer this year.

If we are talking long term dynasty league production, I shy away from these RBs and am more inclined to go with one of the WRs - Williams may take a little longer to ascend to being the #1 guy on his team, but his measurables are right - only concern is Rivers age and how many more years does he have left, and once he goes who will be throwing the ball to Williams. Davis has a much easier path to being the #1 on his team with a young gunslinger at QB, but also has questions. I'm flipping on these guys as to who I think is probably th best dynasty option, and I lean them over the RBs due to the relative short life span of most RBs in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

As far as biggest impact this season -  I'd have to go with one of the RBs, and while i have flip flopped a little bit, I do think Fournette is in the spot to most likely be the top producer this year.

If we are talking long term dynasty league production, I shy away from these RBs and am more inclined to go with one of the WRs - Williams may take a little longer to ascend to being the #1 guy on his team, but his measurables are right - only concern is Rivers age and how many more years does he have left, and once he goes who will be throwing the ball to Williams. Davis has a much easier path to being the #1 on his team with a young gunslinger at QB, but also has questions. I'm flipping on these guys as to who I think is probably th best dynasty option, and I lean them over the RBs due to the relative short life span of most RBs in the NFL.

While I think that Fournette is extremely talented, I don't see him as a 3 down back because of pass protection and catching ability issues. I'd rather have Mixon. 

4 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

While I think that Fournette is extremely talented, I don't see him as a 3 down back because of pass protection and catching ability issues. I'd rather have Mixon. 

Mixon is very talented and could be the guy.  He still has move past 2 different backs to be the 3 down back we expect him to.  I'll still take Fournette on this.

Who do you like better, McCaffrey or Mixon?

1 minute ago, NAUgrad said:

Mixon is very talented and could be the guy.  He still has move past 2 different backs to be the 3 down back we expect him to.  I'll still take Fournette on this.

Who do you like better, McCaffrey or Mixon?

Mixon is already ahead of Bernard who might start the season on the PUP and really is no threat to him anyway. Hill will be surpassed in training camp IMO and might not even be on the roster come game 1. I like McCaffrey and I would have struggled with choosing between them had he been there at 1.3 but he went 1.2 so Mixon was a no-brainer. I probably would have chosen Mixon regardless. McCaffrey will be vultured  by FF RB killer Cam Newton. Carolina is a RB killer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

McCaffrey will be vultured  by FF RB killer Cam Newton. Carolina is a RB killer. 

Taz knows all about this. He is the man who hugged JStew's nuts so long you would have thought he's tattooed on the sack. 

People have been trying to pigeon hole Gio  as a third down back for years and it only got worse with the arrival of Hill, yet every year he keeps out producing every other back in the offense. Will it be any different with Mixon? 

Edited by rajncajn

25 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

People have been trying to pigeon hole Gio  as a third down back for years and it only got worse with the arrival of Hill, yet every year he keeps out producing every other back in the offense. Will it be any different with Mixon? 

Bernard averaged 3.7 ypc last year and then tore his acl.  Not a good year.  And Jeremy Hill clearly outplayed Bernard in 2014.  As a small running back with great receiving skills but mediocre rushing skills, Bernard seems destined to be a 3rd down back.  He has been a better fantasy running back than real world running back.

Edited by michaelredd9