[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Hernandez murder conviction thrown out by judge

"A judge has agreed to erase Aaron Hernandez's conviction in a 2013 murder case because he died before his appeal was heard.

Judge E. Susan Garsh ruled Tuesday that a legal doctrine that calls for vacating convictions when a defendant dies before the appeal was binding precedent. She said she was compelled to follow it." - ESPN.com news services

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19343211/judge-vacates-aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction

Judge E. Susan Garsh threw out the murder conviction of Aaron Hernandez in the Odin L. Lloyd case and dismissed any charges against him Tuesday, according to Maria Cramer and John R. Ellement of the Boston Globe.Bristol County District Attorney Thomas M. Quinn III said he plans to appeal the ruling and is willing to take the case all the way to the Massachusetts Supreme Court.

12 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Without a conviction, all of his bonuses, salary and whatever else is now available to his family. 

whereas if he got convicted all of his money would've gone to the lloyd's family?

So, this may actually be a win for the Lloyd family..  Hernandez gets paid by the Patriots, and the Llyods familty now has something they can go after.  Think about O.J., he has never been able to pay the Civil award, from his case.

20 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

No the Patriots would of kept it 

are you sure about that? that doesn't sound right, what bonuses or salaries is hernandez still earning in 2017 anyway when he hasn't played football since 2012? i would've thought his contract was cancelled the minute they cut him.

i would've guessed it's about whether his family keeps his money/assets vs whether the victim's family would've been awarded it if he was found guilty, but idk

Edited by pun

3 hours ago, pun said:

are you sure about that? that doesn't sound right, what bonuses or salaries is hernandez still earning in 2017 anyway when he hasn't played football since 2012? i would've thought his contract was cancelled the minute they cut him.

i would've guessed it's about whether his family keeps his money/assets vs whether the victim's family would've been awarded it if he was found guilty, but idk

A simple google search will answer your questions

56 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

If healthy, maybe top 10,but if healthy is the key. 

Does anyone think he'll be healthy? What is y'all's guess on over under games played? 

I'll mostly be avoiding the players with chronic concussion issues or sickle cell trait.  The new NFL is putting a higher priority on players' health.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

If healthy, maybe top 10,but if healthy is the key. 

Does anyone think he'll be healthy? What is y'all's guess on over under games played? 

As long as he plays week 5, I'm good. I would never play him over J.Reed...not yet anyway. 

Green is participating in OTA's which is great. The Steelers didn't draft a TE either. That's a positive sign that they believe he will contribute this year in a bigger way than most pundits think. 

Edited by tazinib1