[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers RBs

IMHO, one of the best FF dynasty situations shaping up this summer is who grabs the lion's share of the carries this season for Green Bay.  Montgomery is too gimmicky and started to fade after a few games and some tape on him last season.  With the 5 rookie RBs they have in right now at rookie camp and heading into OTAs/spring training, I think one of them steps up and grabs the reins by the 1st of the season.  Williams and Mays both have the classic size/shape most teams are looking for, but neither one are really that great...vision and balance just look off and neither one have done hardly anything receiving.  Jones tore it up at the combine and he is insane in the open field and can catch, he's just a bit undersized...but then again so was Emmitt Smith.  Stanbeck is another huge back, but haven't watched him or Phillips that much, but as UDFAs they'll both have their work cut out for them just to make the team.  Will be interesting to see how this all plays out in July/August. 

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

I'm steering clear of this mess.  Montgomery's sickle cell trait has me worried that the Packers will limit his workload.  And none of the rookies stand out.  Jamaal Williams is probably the most likely to get a lot of carries.  But he doesn't look like he'll get many receptions which lowers his ceiling considerably.  If I had to pick one of the rookies today, I'd go with Aaron Jones.  He is the wildcard.  He'll get receptions and his athleticism could make him special.  If he produces, it could make him hard to take off the field despite his small size.

5 hours ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Williams is going about mid-to-late round 2...Jones around start of the 4th round.  Haven't seen Mays or the 2 others get drafted yet...

I think Jones is the man myself, and for that price you're pretty much just taking a flyer on him anyways...

I'd be stoked to get Williams and Jones at such good value in a dynasty rookie draft.  There's a good chance you'd have the Packers leading rusher for the next few years to come.