[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeGarrette Blount to the Eagles. Really.

DMD

I would think for sure - and maybe not that much else. He almost never catches the ball. He looks like the short yardage/goal line guy along with Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood and even Donnell Pumphrey all being involved in varying measures.

29 minutes ago, DMD said:

I would think for sure - and maybe not that much else. He almost never catches the ball. He looks like the short yardage/goal line guy along with Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood and even Donnell Pumphrey all being involved in varying measures.

I actually like him to get the bulk of the runs.  Sproles actually rushed more then he should of last year due to injuries (94 attempts, career high) and Pumphrey is too small to be anything but a COP/utility back just like Sproles.  Essentially that just leaves Smallwood who has not shown any reason to think he can handle the load between the 20's. 

If you figure Sproles and Pumphrey get about about 60-70 attempts between them and Smallwood keeps around the 75 marker (or even expands on it slighly) that still leaves around 250 attempts for Blount.  Adding the depth now present in the passing game, could turn out real good if Blount stays healthy. 

The Eagles have rushed in 14 to 15 touchdowns in each of the last four years. If Blount can get a big chunk of that he might be a fantasy starter. But he'll have nothing as a receiver and will share some rushing load.

I know The Huddle puts out an article every summer about how backfields break down - before that comes out I'd say my impression was that Philly ran the ball last year but you could never figure out who the heck was going to be doing the running. Having one more name in the mix isn't going to make anything clearer.

Players tend not to do so well once they leave the Patriots and Blount is a pretty notorious knucklehead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

I was hoping he would land in Dallas ?

Ewww, from a fantasy standpoint that would have been pretty bad news for Zeke owners.  Even if Blount vultured 4-5 TDs that would have been a big deal.  

Blount in PHI.... will be the "starter", and will invariably kill the value of guys like Smallwood and Sproles.

12 hours ago, darin3 said:

Ewww, from a fantasy standpoint that would have been pretty bad news for Zeke owners.  Even if Blount vultured 4-5 TDs that would have been a big deal.  

Blount in PHI.... will be the "starter", and will invariably kill the value of guys like Smallwood and Sproles.

I think he meant Pumphrey, who I think would actually be an awesome compliment to Zeke, but would still probably have the same effect as he'd most likely vulture several TD's.  A situation that would remind me of Woodhead did to Gordon 2 years back.  

The more I think about this, I think Blount actually might have some great value depending on where his ADP is.  Wentz has some good receivers to work with now, and the Eagles have a good line.  I think Blount will probably put up some RB2 numbers this year and has good value mid-late 4th and on.

20 hours ago, stethant said:

I know The Huddle puts out an article every summer about how backfields break down - before that comes out I'd say my impression was that Philly ran the ball last year but you could never figure out who the heck was going to be doing the running. Having one more name in the mix isn't going to make anything clearer.

Players tend not to do so well once they leave the Patriots and Blount is a pretty notorious knucklehead.

I like the move.  The more knuckleheads in Philly, the better!

• Like 1