Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wolverines Fan

Steelers release Ladarius Green

19 posts in this topic

and here come the jesse james fans... there's no viable FF TE in PIT... or most teams really. That's why I target the good ones aggressively in dynasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

... there's no viable FF TE in PIT...

I retract that. There's a  FF bye-week worthy TE for PIT, he just needs to be signed... Gary Barnidge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad gamble on my part. Oh well. Hopefully he can latch on to another team at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xavier Grimble time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Bad gamble on my part. Oh well. Hopefully he can latch on to another team at some point. 

that didn't take long :boxing::D:yay:

On 5/13/2017 at 4:04 PM, tazinib1 said:

If he's healthy, Green is going to be a top 5 TE this year. And you can quote me on that. 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

that didn't take long :boxing::D:yay:

 

 

:lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesse James was actually a viable TE in larger leagues last year.  Started the season with 10.6, 13.4, a stinker, 10.5 and 19.3.  


He's only 22 (23 by start of season) and in his third year.  

 

They've already announced he's the starter.

 

I wouldn't sleep on this guy in larger leagues.  I am damn happy I kept him on my roster this off-season.  Wasn't gonna ditch him with Green's injury history, but still.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even if JJ got 100% of Ladius's numbers, that's only an extra 18/300/1... putting his ceiling at top 15, not much more than a bye-week/injury fill-in. And that's assuming that they bring in no other TE. Gary Barnidge seems like a Heath Miller type fit?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

that didn't take long :boxing::D:yay:

 

 

 

good thing I put an "IF" there huh? Moving along now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tazinib1 said:

 

good thing I put an "IF" there huh? Moving along now. 

yeah, but his IF was way more likely than most players. That's the point.

 

He's the Jahvad Best of TEs.

 

Also, i was just teasing you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Started the season with 10.6, 13.4, a stinker, 10.5 and 19.3.  

 

 

Those point totals are from a 1.5 ppr league.  He played 78% snaps last year and only had 2 weeks above 10 fantasy points in 1 ppr leagues.  He was the 28th highest scoring tight end.  28th is pretty weak considering how much he was on the field and having Roethlisberger for a quarterback.  He is a blocking tight end who is mostly going to keep blocking.  I could see using him as a bye week replacement since he is pretty much guaranteed of getting 2 or 3 receptions because of always being on the field.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Jesse James was actually a viable TE in larger leagues last year.  Started the season with 10.6, 13.4, a stinker, 10.5 and 19.3.


He's only 22 (23 by start of season) and in his third year.

 

They've already announced he's the starter.

 

I wouldn't sleep on this guy in larger leagues.  I am damn happy I kept him on my roster this off-season.  Wasn't gonna ditch him with Green's injury history, but still.

 

I had him for a while to fill in some holes with injuries and byes he was not bad. There just are not a lot of really good TEs anymore and far too many offenses in the NFL have a lot of randomness to their offensive production. Far too often in our league scoring the TE are getting 1-3 points (1/10 rec, no PPR) so unless you have somebody elite you're just shuffling around guys and missing their bigger games.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

unless you have somebody elite you're just shuffling around guys and missing their bigger games.

 

The tight end position seems especially prone to this.  As soon as you have faith in a player and start them, they get you a goose egg.  And when you lose faith in them and bench them, then they blow up.  And it might not just be bad luck.  Defenses are judging tight ends the same way we are and try to shut them down when they are playing well and don't focus on them as much when they aren't playing as well.  And then Offenses adjust how they use the tight end based on how the defense is playing it.

 

I don't like playing musical chairs with tight ends.  I like to grab the 7th or 8th tight end off the board in the 7th or 8th round.  It's nice having a tight end who with you stick through thick and thin and then get their blow up weeks.  And it's nice only using one roster spot.  Fortunately, tight end gets deeper every year.  I consider the tight ends with the highest 11 adps to be elite.  Here is MFL10's tight end adps so far this year:

1. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 22.25      
2. Kelce, Travis KCC TE 39.29      
3. Reed, Jordan WAS TE 42.83      
4. Olsen, Greg CAR TE 59.30      
5. Eifert, Tyler CIN TE 72.14      
6. Graham, Jimmy SEA TE 77.95      
7. Henry, Hunter LAC TE 89.62      
8. Walker, Delanie TEN TE 92.97      
9. Ertz, Zach PHI TE 99.71      
10. Bennett, Martellus GBP TE 103.65      
11. Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 103.79      
12. Ebron, Eric DET TE 119.18      
13. Howard, O.J. TBB TE 121.90      
14. Doyle, Jack IND TE 126.64      
15. Fleener, Coby NOS TE 152.44      
16. Thomas, Julius MIA TE 155.17      
17. Njoku, David CLE TE 155.26      
18. Hooper, Austin ATL TE 155.56      
19. Engram, Evan NYG TE 156.47      
20. Witten, Jason DAL TE 161.40      
21. Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE 162.76      
22. Brate, Cameron TBB TE 164.12      
23. Green, Ladarius FA TE 179.04      
24. Cook, Jared OAK TE 179.56      
25. Allen, Dwayne NEP TE 188.14      
26. Pitta, Dennis BAL TE 191.41      
27. Clay, Charles BUF TE 196.56      
28. Gates, Antonio LAC TE 200.76      
29. Miller, Zach CHI TE 203.92      
30. Higbee, Tyler LAR TE 211.16      
31. James, Jesse PIT TE 213.40      
32. Shaheen, Adam CHI TE     

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free agent TE Ladarius Green is hoping to play this season.
Green was released with a failed physical designation after dealng with concussion and ankle issues last season. It sounds like he wants to continue his career, but he's not a lock to get medically cleared. There likely won't be more clarity on Green's status until closer to training camp.
Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter May 19 - 5:31 PM

 

hoping... hoping to play. hope? he's not confident in his own health?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Free agent TE Ladarius Green is hoping to play this season.
Green was released with a failed physical designation after dealng with concussion and ankle issues last season. It sounds like he wants to continue his career, but he's not a lock to get medically cleared. There likely won't be more clarity on Green's status until closer to training camp.
Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter May 19 - 5:31 PM

 

hoping... hoping to play. hope? he's not confident in his own health?

 

I've been shouting at the top of my lungs that this guy is done for like the last 2 years.  Fools gold.

 

 

Oh, and I love Delanie Walker at that ADP.  I'll probably be aiming for him again this year.

Edited by kdko
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, michaelredd9 said:

 

The tight end position seems especially prone to this.  As soon as you have faith in a player and start them, they get you a goose egg.  And when you lose faith in them and bench them, then they blow up.  And it might not just be bad luck.  Defenses are judging tight ends the same way we are and try to shut them down when they are playing well and don't focus on them as much when they aren't playing as well.  And then Offenses adjust how they use the tight end based on how the defense is playing it.

 

I don't like playing musical chairs with tight ends.  I like to grab the 7th or 8th tight end off the board in the 7th or 8th round.  It's nice having a tight end who with you stick through thick and thin and then get their blow up weeks.  And it's nice only using one roster spot.  Fortunately, tight end gets deeper every year.  I consider the tight ends with the highest 11 adps to be elite.  Here is MFL10's tight end adps so far this year:

1. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 22.25      
2. Kelce, Travis KCC TE 39.29      
3. Reed, Jordan WAS TE 42.83      
4. Olsen, Greg CAR TE 59.30      
5. Eifert, Tyler CIN TE 72.14      
6. Graham, Jimmy SEA TE 77.95      
7. Henry, Hunter LAC TE 89.62      
8. Walker, Delanie TEN TE 92.97      
9. Ertz, Zach PHI TE 99.71      
10. Bennett, Martellus GBP TE 103.65      
11. Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 103.79      
12. Ebron, Eric DET TE 119.18      
13. Howard, O.J. TBB TE 121.90      
14. Doyle, Jack IND TE 126.64      
15. Fleener, Coby NOS TE 152.44      
16. Thomas, Julius MIA TE 155.17      
17. Njoku, David CLE TE 155.26      
18. Hooper, Austin ATL TE 155.56      
19. Engram, Evan NYG TE 156.47      
20. Witten, Jason DAL TE 161.40      
21. Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE 162.76      
22. Brate, Cameron TBB TE 164.12      
23. Green, Ladarius FA TE 179.04      
24. Cook, Jared OAK TE 179.56      
25. Allen, Dwayne NEP TE 188.14      
26. Pitta, Dennis BAL TE 191.41      
27. Clay, Charles BUF TE 196.56      
28. Gates, Antonio LAC TE 200.76      
29. Miller, Zach CHI TE 203.92      
30. Higbee, Tyler LAR TE 211.16      
31. James, Jesse PIT TE 213.40      
32. Shaheen, Adam CHI TE     

 

Njoku will be a big sleeper this year, kids a freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Njoku will be a big sleeper this year, kids a freak

 

Interesting....and young QB's tend to love checking down to their TE's.  Anything more you can tell us about him, or the buzz coming from camp?  Besides him being an athletic freak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kdko said:

 

Interesting....and young QB's tend to love checking down to their TE's.  Anything more you can tell us about him, or the buzz coming from camp?  Besides him being an athletic freak.  

 

NFL Profile

 

The link above gives him an NFL comparison of Greg Olsen, which it might be a little to early to do.

 

The Browns didn't release Gary Barnidge to have Njoku play a limited role. He's only 20 years old and measures like 6'5" 240lbs. He was recruited to Miami originally as a WR, a former National High Jump champion, and had a 37.5" vertical at the combine and a 6.97 Three Cone. He has every single tool to be a matchup nightmare and he has been doing nothing but impressing at camp so far. Oh and as I mentioned before he is only 20!

 

I still get a kick out of him thinking Joe Thomas was a coach when he first met him.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.