[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantrax FF Hosting

Def.

Looking for any feedback on Fantrax for FF hosting, particularly regarding the waivers or any other negatives that have been experienced.  MFL's changes to the waiver system and other downgraded features are driving me to find an alternative for my local auction redraft league.  System wise it is the only hosting site where I have been able to setup everything exactly the same as MFL.  So I'm hopeful but I really need a user friendly blind bid waiver system for some of the participants in the league. 

Appreciate any shared insight.

To be honest I am completely unfamiliar with Fantrax. Surprised to hear MFL not what you wanted. If it sets things exactly the same as MFL, then why leave MFL unless it was part of the changes you did not like? 

The reviews for Fantrax on Apple were not so great but I guess that is for their mobile version.

The changes made to MFL for waivers are simply put awful.  My locals complained about them not being user friendly for these last few years, and after the change I've been complaining about them so much that I can hardly stomach the thought of what my locals are going to say to me.  I just need a user friendly interface, and MFL is anything but that.  Not going to lie, the fact that we've been paying for the hosting and the changes made things worse not better also kind of irks me a bit. 

Fantrax is free for the settings we need, so I hope to test out the waiver interface and then make a decision.  Honestly the one thing MFL does have going is the updates did make it better on mobile devices through a browser and Fantrax is still working on that (though supposedly awesome in mobile Chrome).  Both of them don't have an app worth a lick yet still.     

9 hours ago, DMD said:

To be honest I am completely unfamiliar with Fantrax. Surprised to hear MFL not what you wanted. If it sets things exactly the same as MFL, then why leave MFL unless it was part of the changes you did not like? 

The reviews for Fantrax on Apple were not so great but I guess that is for their mobile version.

8 hours ago, Def. said:

The changes made to MFL for waivers are simply put awful.  My locals complained about them not being user friendly for these last few years, and after the change I've been complaining about them so much that I can hardly stomach the thought of what my locals are going to say to me.  I just need a user friendly interface, and MFL is anything but that.  Not going to lie, the fact that we've been paying for the hosting and the changes made things worse not better also kind of irks me a bit. 

Fantrax is free for the settings we need, so I hope to test out the waiver interface and then make a decision.  Honestly the one thing MFL does have going is the updates did make it better on mobile devices through a browser and Fantrax is still working on that (though supposedly awesome in mobile Chrome).  Both of them don't have an app worth a lick yet still.     

MFL seems to tinker for the sake of tinkering.  I do not know who suggests these changes or how their developers somehow come up with them, but they're absolutely terrible.  

The interface has always been clunky and confusing, and it just gets worse over the years instead of better.

They consistently have "downtime" at the worst possible times and the time they're down is always days longer than quoted. You'd think they'd get the hint because they get absolutely blasted by their customer base.  It's simple.  No fantasy leagues - not even the most hardcore of dynasty leagues - do anything the week after the NFL Super Bowl.  Instead of taking 3-4 days right around when dynasty leagues are doing dynasty league stuff, why not take the entire damn week to do your "upgrades"?

Seriously, if there were a like alternative I would be gone.  MFL is terrible.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

MFL seems to tinker for the sake of tinkering.  I do not know who suggests these changes or how their developers somehow come up with them, but they're absolutely terrible.  

The interface has always been clunky and confusing, and it just gets worse over the years instead of better.

They consistently have "downtime" at the worst possible times and the time they're down is always days longer than quoted. You'd think they'd get the hint because they get absolutely blasted by their customer base.  It's simple.  No fantasy leagues - not even the most hardcore of dynasty leagues - do anything the week after the NFL Super Bowl.  Instead of taking 3-4 days right around when dynasty leagues are doing dynasty league stuff, why not take the entire damn week to do your "upgrades"?

Seriously, if there were a like alternative I would be gone.  MFL is terrible.

Yes. Yes it is

Stay on target people...was genuinely looking for some feedback on Fantrax if available.  As much as bashing MFL seems to please some, fact of the matter is I've only found 1 other host able to do the same setup option MFL does.  But I'm willing to hear about others if known.  Had also checked ESPN, Yahoo, and Fleaflicker and none of them offered options to match the current leagues setup scoring or waivers wise. 

11 minutes ago, darin3 said:

No looking at it now thx. 

Also waiting for a test waiver run to go on Wednesday.  Unfortunately they do not do conditional waivers unless you pay for the premium option ($80) which so far is the only limitation I've ran into.  Waiver interface is not much different then MFL's though.  :(

17 minutes ago, Def. said:

No looking at it now thx. 

Also waiting for a test waiver run to go on Wednesday.  Unfortunately they do not do conditional waivers unless you pay for the premium option ($80) which so far is the only limitation I've ran into.  Waiver interface is not much different then MFL's though.  :(

Yeah, that was the focus of my email:  what the difference between "premium" and free was.  

48 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Have you seen this?  

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/fantrax.com

Nearly all of those reviews look planted by the company.   I look at hotel and restaurant reviews all the time.  Whenever a review is given by someone with only 1 review, you can be sure it is the company reviewing itself.  And when you see 4 reviews all written the same day all giving 5 stars and they all have not reviewed anything else, you can be sure it is the company planting the review itself or having a friend review it.  With Trip Advisor and Yelp, restaurants and hotels have even gotten savvy enough to review 5 to 10 other things so it isn't so obvious that it is planted.  I only trust reviews from reviewers with 50 or 100 reviews or more.  95% of the Fantrax reviewers on that site have only reviewed Fantrax.  The other 5% have one other review.

Edited by michaelredd9

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Nearly all of those reviews look planted by the company.   I look at hotel and restaurant reviews all the time.  Whenever a review is given by someone with only 1 review, you can be sure it is the company reviewing itself.  And when you see 4 reviews all written the same day all giving 5 stars and they all have not reviewed anything else, you can be sure it is the company planting the review itself or having a friend review it.  With Trip Advisor and Yelp, restaurants and hotels have even gotten savvy enough to review 5 to 10 other things so it isn't so obvious that it is planted.  I only trust reviews from reviewers with 50 or 100 reviews or more.  95% of the Fantrax reviewers on that site have only reviewed Fantrax.  The other 5% have one other review.

Honestly I only look at the negative reviews on most sites anyways to see if the complaint(s) are going to be a problem to worry about. 

I use fantrax for my college league and have found them to be pretty reliable actually. That said, I have not yet run an IDP league thru them but plan to this year or next (new college IDP dynasty  league).  If MFL doesn't get their stuff together I think fantrax would be a good alternative.

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Honestly I only look at the negative reviews on most sites anyways to see if the complaint(s) are going to be a problem to worry about. 

I do the same, but I also thought that a lot of these reviews sounded a little generic and "planted".

47 minutes ago, Trojanmojo said:

I use fantrax for my college league and have found them to be pretty reliable actually. That said, I have not yet run an IDP league thru them but plan to this year or next (new college IDP dynasty  league).  If MFL doesn't get their stuff together I think fantrax would be a good alternative.

OK so I emailed Fantrax and they said they only have a "limited" number of college players loaded into their system.  But you're in a college league?  Wouldn't that mean that they have more than just a limited number of college players in their system? :lol:  Maybe it's that they don't have all college players loaded into their NFL game.

I'm looking to start a devy league where we draft/hold college players.  If there's functionality built into Fantrax to track this, all the better.  Otherwise it can easily be handled via league message board.  Not a huge deal.

45 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I do the same, but I also thought that a lot of these reviews sounded a little generic and "planted".

OK so I emailed Fantrax and they said they only have a "limited" number of college players loaded into their system.  But you're in a college league?  Wouldn't that mean that they have more than just a limited number of college players in their system? :lol:  Maybe it's that they don't have all college players loaded into their NFL game.

I'm looking to start a devy league where we draft/hold college players.  If there's functionality built into Fantrax to track this, all the better.  Otherwise it can easily be handled via league message board.  Not a huge deal.

I have been on that site for the past 4-5 years running a college league yes.  Call me a liar if you'd like.  I honestly don't give a cr@p if you use the site or not.  Not like I get a commission. 

2016 league home: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/1a0nb8hiiqcqiafl/home

2015: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/c6mbvav3hx6wm5ly/home

2014: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/c6mbvav3hx6wm5ly/home

2013: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/ja9zmmqxhicarey0/home

The league is private but if anyone has any legit interest I'd be happy to provide some access.

Here's a screenshot of just one page of the college players they have loaded in and they have several pages of these.  Looks like thousands are loaded so not sure where this info is coming from.

etc etc...

screenshot-www.fantrax.com 2017-06-05 14-43-46.jpeg

Edited by Trojanmojo

1 hour ago, Trojanmojo said:

I have been on that site for the past 4-5 years running a college league yes.  Call me a liar if you'd like.  I honestly don't give a cr@p if you use the site or not.  Not like I get a commission. 

Nooo you totally misinterpreted the gist of my post.  It's Fantrax's response that is befuddling to me.  

And yes please email me something so I can get access, I'd like to see how it's all set up.

Also, lemme know if you're interested in the league I'm building!

Edited by darin3

17 hours ago, Trojanmojo said:

2016 league home: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/1a0nb8hiiqcqiafl/home

2015: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/c6mbvav3hx6wm5ly/home

2014: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/c6mbvav3hx6wm5ly/home

2013: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/ja9zmmqxhicarey0/home

The league is private but if anyone has any legit interest I'd be happy to provide some access.

Here's a screenshot of just one page of the college players they have loaded in and they have several pages of these.  Looks like thousands are loaded so not sure where this info is coming from.

etc etc...

What type of waiver setup do you run and how user friendly is it?  Compared to MFL, are there any other general positives/negatives of note you could advise on?  Appreciate any feedback. 

16 hours ago, darin3 said:

Nooo you totally misinterpreted the gist of my post.  It's Fantrax's response that is befuddling to me.  

And yes please email me something so I can get access, I'd like to see how it's all set up.

Also, lemme know if you're interested in the league I'm building!

My bad LOL. Need to cut back on caffeine. I'll pm you and give you some access to poke around. I actually have a league set up but may not launch til 2018 given current commitments but that could change.

51 minutes ago, Def. said:

What type of waiver setup do you run and how user friendly is it?  Compared to MFL, are there any other general positives/negatives of note you could advise on?  Appreciate any feedback. 

We run a waiver set up very similar to MFL but there are a lot of different options with waivers and FA and an ability to slice and dice and number of ways including hybrid approaches of running waivers then going FCFS. No complaints from me with regard to the waivers set up. 

There's a ton of customization options. 

The downsides I can think of are a lack of skin options...not a big deal to me really.  

Also, if you are using a lot of custom features they may be slightly more than MFL but not by much...depends on when you purchase. My league was $79.95 last year. 

I also don't see an ability to create custom players.... might be an issue for huge leagues.

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 1

Hit me with a pm with your emails and I'll invite you to the new league I'm setting up as co-commissioners just so you can peek around at the options. No worries as the league only has 2 teams at the moment and you won't be committed to joining. You can just poke around and get a feel for the setup.