[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the huddles initial ppr top 200

always love these lists...this one is early and sure to have major changes over the course of the summer....but its always fun to look now and notice whos stock has risen and dropped...i also like to try to spot some things that i disagree with

so feel free to browse the list and let us know which guys you think are overvalued/undervalued 

one guy that ive been enamored with since his entry into the league is martavis bryant...he was a  mid round pick on my championship squad a couple years ago..he was a guy i really wanted my pats to take a shot on coming out....i knew the steelers had a steal....obviously this guy carries some risk....but its now or never...if he doesnt get it now he never will and will surely end up broke....this kids talent alone puts him in the top 20....you factor in antonio and bell getting touches i think he could still sit in the 40s.....apparently dmd thinks the risk factor puts him in the 80s? if you signed me up right now and told me i could get my #2/3 wr in the 80s of a draft i would start spending my winnings already......if bryant toes the line he moves right back into his role that he had before....coates isnt a real player like bryant could be

another thing i noticed...which isnt a big deal...but i noticed that zay jones is ranked about 10-11 spots ahead of corey davis....which i find interesting....obviously both teams want to run the ball and are good at it....but to me davis should be ranked ahead of jones.....we know rookie receivers can make an impact...obviously neither qb is drew brees...but i trust mariota more...and obviously both teams have guys like watkins and matthews with more experience ahead of these rookies...but to me davis should be ranked ahead of jones....

cameron meredith also looks likes a good value...as does abdullah....if i could land abduallah at that price as a rb3 or flex guy id be happy...i know riddick scares people but i think if abdullah can finally stay healthy he could be huge....his first game last year showed a flash of what he could do....especially in that offense....this is a guy arizona wanted to draft in the 2nd ahead of david johnson.....

also interested to see the less than conservative rankings of mccaffrey and cook......

im sure there are a few others things i could touch on if i look at the rankings more in depth...just a few things i noticed 

13 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It's being reported that Martavis came into camp in excellent shape and has gained 10-20 pounds of muscle.  He is a risky pick but it's hard to deny his potential.

on talent i think martavis is near a top 10 guy....if he were somewhere else and being peppered with targets i think he would be huge....but having a guy like brown and bell around both helps and hurts...but im enamored and im buying on him every chance i get....especially at that spot.....i think youll see him climb up the rankings quite a bit through the summer though

If Bryant catches a preseason TD or there are positive reports of him "looking like he never left" then yeah, he will be rising sharply.

Interesting Martavis stats:  In 2014, he only played 26% of offensive snaps and had 26 catches, 561 yards, and 8 touchdowns.  In 2015, he only played in 47% of offensive snaps and had 50 receptions, 802 yards, and 7 touchdowns.  If you add up the numbers from those two years you get 73% snaps, 76 receptions, 1,363 yards, and 15 touchdowns.  My guess is that is the highest per snap touchdown rate in the NFL over those 2 years.  Granted, you can't project stats from snaps that way since he was fresher playing fewer snaps and playing on passing downs.

Bryant is 6'4" and fast.  Comparing him to Randy Moss isn't a huge stretch.  He may not get 100 receptions playing with Brown and Bell and being a deep threat.  But 80 receptions, 1,300 yards, and 16 touchdowns isn't out of the question.  I think he and Brandin Cooks could put up very similar stat lines this year.  His MFL adp of 56 is the 29th highest wide receiver adp.  He is currently available at the point in the draft when the quality players have mostly dried up.   I will also be targeting Roethlisberger this year with his current MFL adp of 108.  It could be a career year for him. 

Edited by michaelredd9

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Interesting Martavis stats:  In 2014, he only played 26% of offensive snaps and had 26 catches, 561 yards, and 8 touchdowns.  In 2015, he only played in 47% of offensive snaps and had 50 receptions, 802 yards, and 7 touchdowns.  If you add up the numbers from those two years you get 73% snaps, 76 receptions, 1,363 yards, and 15 touchdowns.  My guess is that is the highest per snap touchdown rate in the NFL over those 2 years.  Granted, you can't project stats from snaps that way since he was fresher playing fewer snaps and playing on passing downs.

Bryant is 6'4" and fast.  Comparing him to Randy Moss isn't a huge stretch.  He may not get 100 receptions playing with Brown and Bell and being a deep threat.  But 80 receptions, 1,300 yards, and 16 touchdowns isn't out of the question.  I think he and Brandin Cooks could put up very similar stat lines this year.  His MFL adp of 56 is the 29th highest wide receiver adp.  He is currently available at the point in the draft when the quality players have mostly dried up.   I will also be targeting Roethlisberger this year with his current MFL adp of 108.  It could be a career year for him.

You also cannot take 26% of snaps in one year and 47% in another year and say they total up to 73% of snaps.  No matter the number of snaps available in each year the actual % of snaps he played over the 2 years is going to be substantially less than 47%.  If both years have approx the same number of snaps, he'd be in the middle about 36.5%.

Not sure that it matters much for your analysis, unless you are using that to count on him playing 73% of the snaps in 2017.