[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Seattle running back is the best value at their current adp?

michaelredd9

Which Seattle running back is the best value at their current adp?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Seattle running back is the best value at their current adp?

• Eddie Lacy adp 74
    • CJ Prosise adp 95
    • Thomas Rawls adp 158
    • Alex Collins adp n/a

The Seattle backfield is a clusterfack.  Most of us will be shying away entirely from drafting any of them.  But at their current adp, which Seattle running back intrigues you the most or disintrigues you the least?  Alex Collins currently has no MFL public league adp because he hasn't been drafted in at least 5 leagues.

Someone in this backfield is going to run, but hell if anyone can figure this out until we get to September. In standard leagues Prosise and Rawls are total bench fodder that you'll have to wait a few months to accurately gauge value. I voted Lacy because he's the only one of the three you'd consider starting during the first 4 weeks of the season. Doesn't excite me at all, granted, but if you make me pick one for a standard league I'm going Lacy.

Having said that, Lacy in the 6th-7th round doesn't sound like value to me.

It might just be a matter of who stays healthy.  I like Prosise's upside since he'll get a nice amount of receptions.  He was also pretty effective running the ball last year with his 5.7 yards per carry.  Though I'm afraid they'll limit his touches to keep him healthy even if Lacy and Rawls get hurt.  I also haven't given up on Lacy.  The dude is a beast.  Few running backs run with his determination.  Hopefully playing on a one year contract will give him the incentive needed to keep his weight down.  Living in healthy Seattle instead of the land of fried cheese curds and bratwurst can't hurt either.  They are paying him $5.55 million dollars this year.  That is not rbbc money.  That is starter money.  Lacy returning to 1,100 yards shouldn't be difficult.  Though his likely low reception total limits his ceiling a bit.

Edited by michaelredd9

I think Seattle likes both Prosise and Rawls, but neither has been able to stay healthy.  They didn't want to go through what they went through last year so they basically brought in a 3rd back who could be the "starter".  My guess is they start the season that way with Lacy getting 12 -15 carries, Prosise as the 3rd down back and Rawls getting a few carries.  Then they'll let performance and injuries play out and play the best, healthiest back or backs.

So with that said, I'll probably take a flyer on Rawls in most leagues and the other two look about right for ADP.

Edited by Jackass

21 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

It might just be a matter of who stays healthy.  I like Prosise's upside since he'll get a nice amount of receptions.  He was also pretty effective running the ball last year with his 5.7 yards per carry.  Though I'm afraid they'll limit his touches to keep him healthy even if Lacy and Rawls get hurt.  I also haven't given up on Lacy.  The dude is a beast.  Few running backs run with his determination.  Hopefully playing on a one year contract will give him the incentive needed to keep his weight down.  Living in healthy Seattle instead of the land of fried cheese curds and bratwurst can't hurt either.  They are paying him $5.55 million dollars this year.  That is not rbbc money.  That is starter money.  Lacy returning to 1,100 yards shouldn't be difficult.  Though his likely low reception total limits his ceiling a bit.

5.5 mil....about 3.5 in base salary for lacy. Now on the surface it appears to be "not rbbc money". But as you mentioned its a 1 year deal. When you look at the the rest of the backfield Rawls, Collins and CJ make about a combined 2 mil. I think that number they paid Lacy is what they were willing to pay to bring him in for a year because overall the money they are spending on the rest of the backfield is almost nothing. So its worth it to them to put a decent number on a veteran like Lacy to bring him in. 

In comparison Mike Gillislee will make about the same amount as Lacy this year in base salary. In fact take a look at the base salary for this upcoming year for the Patriots top 4 backs. 

Im not saying Lacy wont be the guy they try to let lead the backfield. But I think you have to start looking at the money spent on the position group as a whole. If you are getting off cheap with the other 3 guys I think you might be willing to overspend on a veteran with a decent track record to round out the group. Especially for a year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'd go with Rawls and hope he does something. The cost of the others will be too high with too much risk.

Especially since Seattle has been quoted as saying Lacy and Rawls will be a 50/50 committee 

22 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Especially since Seattle has been quoted as saying Lacy and Rawls will be a 50/50 committee 

That's probably just coachspeak.  It's very rare for a coach to declare a free agent acquisition as the starter.  They always say it'll be a competition.  They especially aren't going to name Lacy the starter in June since he has weight problems.  I'll be very surprised if Rawls gets anywhere near the carries that Lacy does unless Lacy is fat or injured.

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Luckily I don't draft until after pre-season is over so I'll have a better feel for the Lacy/Rawls split than others who have to go only on coach speak.

and these ADPs will change by then as well

• Like 1

I want to saw Rawls, as he literally will come at the tail end of the draft. I have no question about the playmakers on Seattle's offense, or even Lacy's ability, but that O-Line is so atrocious that you're just hoping he (or any Seattle RB) will find meaningful redzone carries.  That's the only way I see them producing, as TD dependent RB's.  There will be no hole to run through with this offensive line.  

On 7/2/2017 at 11:11 AM, HOFConnection said:

If you want to steal some games away from your opponents, we have entered the Fantasy age of balancing these Starting Caliber RB's and once you have gathered all of the info from week to week, making the best possible projection you can for the week, you will see best results on your league. 

Thanks for explaining that to me, I was really confused about that