[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Dynasty team Trade

Croe

Hi all, need a little advice.  Our Rookie draft is this Wednesday.  I just took over the team posted below.  Its my first Dynasty leagues in 5 years so I'm still evaluating my team.  Seems to be in somewhat of a rebuilding phase unless Gillislee and richard take a step up

I need help at RB, I know the draft this year is pretty deep.

Trade my Crowder for pick 1.09 and 2.12

I have pick 1.08 and 2.08

He's also trhowing in Langford - anything to see here?

Is crowder's size a concern?  Is this his break out yeat?  I assuming that, while there is real talent at RB with the 8 and 9 picks, there isn't an immediate impact player to help my RB corps.  Do Ipull the trigger on this trade?

Brees, Drew NOS QB 5 361.70
  Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 9 291.45
  Bibbs, Kapri SFO RB 11 28.40
  Carey, Ka'Deem CHI RB 9 23.20
  Drake, Kenyan MIA RB 11 42.50
  Gillislee, Mike NEP RB 9 114.10
  Johnson, Chris FA RB - 15.50
  Mathews, Ryan PHI RB 10 145.10
  Rainey, Bobby FA RB - 38.50
  Richard, Jalen OAK RB 10 114.70
  Smith, Antone FA RB - 16.40
  Starks, James FA RB - 59.00
  Brown, Antonio PIT WR 9 308.30
  Cobb, Randall GBP WR 8 148.30
  Crowder, Jamison WAS WR 5 188.80
  Ginn Jr., Ted NOS WR 5 145.70
  Hilton, T.Y. IND WR 11 258.30
  Inman, Dontrelle LAC WR 9 153.90
  Kerley, Jeremy SFO WR 11 134.60
  Lewis, Roger NYG WR 8 28.70
  Shepard, Sterling NYG WR 8 177.70
  Wilson, Marquess NYJ WR 11 31.00
  Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE 7 124.70
  Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 9 180.30
  Gould, Robbie SFO PK 11 43.00
  McManus, Brandon DEN PK 5 121.60

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Edited by Croe

I definitely wouldn't have any trouble shopping Crowder this season...with Doctson's return he'll most likely be regulated to the slot where he'll be fighting for targets with Reed and Thompson.  If someone is going to give you a 1st and 2nd round pick for him this is basically a no-brainer in my opinion.

Looking at your team you definitely need to target some RBs and QBs...you look good at WR and TE.  Best advice is do the trade, then target Hunt and Watson with your 1.08 and 1.09, or try to make another trade and go down to at least the 1.05 pick to where, most likely, one of McCaffrey, Cook, and/or Mixon will fall to you.  You could possibly package up your 1.08 and 2.08 to someone for something in the 1.03-1.05 range.  If you can do that take one of those 3 RBs, then target either Watson or Hunt/Perine with your 1.09.

GL and hope this gives you a few ideas...

I accepted the trade before I got this response. I was thinking basically the same thing. It's been a while since I need to value rookie draft picks. The guy with the 1.05 was going to be my next target to trade as well. Hunt and Perine we already on my draft list for my 1.08 pick. So thanks for the insight. This confirmed that I was thinking in the right direction. 

Can 1.08 and 2.08 alone possibly get me to 1.05 or do I need to look into throwing a player as well?

Sorry...just saw Big Ben on your roster when I posted that, didn't see Brees tabbed out over to the side.  Still both are aging and Watson might not be bad to target later in the 1st round, early 2nd but not as critical as I thought with just the one I saw.

I would feel out the guys with the 1.03 to 1.05 pick, and I'd really be interested in the 1.04 and 1.05.  I like McCaffrey (who is usually going at the 1.03 spot in most rookie drafts) but I just don't trust any RB usage in a Cam Newton led offense.  I'd definitely target Cook and Mixon with those 2 picks.  If you need to throw in another player to make it work you could, but definitely at least get a 3rd round pick back if you do...so something like 1.04/1.05 and 3.x for your 1.08 and 2.08.  Start there and then throw in a player if they don't bite.

That being said if you can't get them to move you those spots, and you can get both Hunt and Perine with the 1.08 and 1.09 that definitely would help you out as well.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

Thanks again.  

This is a pretty active Dynasty league.  As soon as the trade got approved, someone reached out to me and said 3 first round picks and a young receiver for Odell.  now I have some thinking to do.  Either first and second round this year for 1.05 or shoot for odell/brown WR combo giving maybe 1.08, 2018 first, 2019 first, and sterling shepard.  :thinking:

You don't really need Odell, as you already have Brown, Hilton, and some other WR3s on your roster...if you really want to trade your picks for an already established RB see what the Howard, Gordon or Ajayi owners will give you, but definitely don't trade away all of your 1st round picks for any of them.  

It also goes by what your league scoring system is...standard, PPR, etc.  You are probably just a player or two away from being a real contender in that league, but one or two more solid RBs would definitely go a longer way in establishing that then another good-to-great WR.