[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIG A

Neither one has played a conference game as of yet.  I fail to see your logic.  Cal is ranked 9 and Tex is 5.  Not a big difference there.  They certainly have a superior coach in Tedford vs Mack Brown.

434355[/snapback]

So far though Stoops is the only one who has had his (Mack Brown) number every year; and I don't think he's gonna share any trade secerts with the LiL 10 west.

As for the cal vs ut match up I give the edge to TX just based on the performance of one Cedric Benson...he was a stud in HS has great college numbers and will go high in next years draft (barring injury)... that being said I feel Benson will be the key to OU beating UT this year...if OU can keep him bottled up, Young can't beat us. Just hope OU starts to look a little better on D, dont like their chances with beater boy Dvor gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I can hope :D

Unfortunate for Nebraksa, they will get crushed in Norman this yr and the Husker faithful will be calling for their coach;s head afterwards. 

Talk is cheap,  LSU won it all last yr on the field.  USC was given a piece of their title.  If USC can get to the Title game we can talk, last yr they couldnt get there so if they do it will be an improvement imo, but if they do, just remember I said back in Sept they will get their  ass kicked by OU.

434570[/snapback]

actually you don't know anything about nebraska either. :D. im part of the big red faithful and i know A LOT more neb fans than you do, and i know how not a lot of neb fans expect to do much vs. OU this year. sorry to prove you wrong! :D

actually you don't know anything about nebraska either. :D. im part of the big red faithful and i know A LOT more neb fans than you do, and i know how not a lot of neb fans expect to do much vs. OU this year. sorry to prove you wrong! :D

434966[/snapback]

Once again, you haven't PROVEN anything other than the fact that you enjoy listening to yourself blabber.

Once again, you haven't PROVEN anything other than the fact that you enjoy listening to yourself blabber.

435377[/snapback]

actually the point, as i said in that post, is that a lot of neb fans aren't expecting to beat a top 5 sooner team in the first year of the west coast offense. get that through your thick skull, sooner boomer. :DB):D:D

Edited by Akfatha

actually the point, as i said in that post, is that a lot of neb fans aren't expecting to beat a top 5 sooner team in the first year of the west coast offense. get that through your thick skull, sooner boomer.  :D  B)  :D  :D

435398[/snapback]

The excuses just keep overflowing up there in Cornland. Forget that we lost Teddy, Tommy, and Strait. Forget that Dvoracek is done for the season. Forget that our true freshman runningback has pretty much had to carry the running game. Bottom line is: when you are as good as the Sooners are, you don't need excuses. The Sooners adapt and the Sooners win!

The excuses just keep overflowing up there in Cornland.  Forget that we lost Teddy, Tommy, and Strait.  Forget that Dvoracek is done for the season.  Forget that our true freshman runningback has pretty much had to carry the running game.  Bottom line is: when you are as good as the Sooners are, you don't need excuses.  The Sooners adapt and the Sooners win!

435439[/snapback]

yeah you all adapted in stoops' first year real well! B):D:DB)

dont play me for a fiddle boy, you lost starters, neb lost starters. WOW! what team doesn't lose starters? mind you, all 3 of those players a bit overrated, wouldn't you think? how teddy won the butkus is beyond me, and how strait won the thorpe is beyond me. check the #'s and watch the games & there's much better LB's and DB's last year. but hey its a popularity contest! OU always wins those! :D:D

edit; real funny how you say 'FORGET WE LOST 3 AWARD WINNERS AND OUR STARTING DT IS GONE, WE DONT NEED NO EXCUSES' haha nice use of hypocrisy. you're a true sooner! :yay::moon::moon:

Edited by Akfatha

my problem with the bet is this.  Its a BS bet.  USC plays nobody but Cal all yr long.  If they lose a game it will be that game, then roll over the rest of the Wac-10.  If USC played in the Big 12, then Id take the bet, but OU will have tests every other week in this conference, where USC wont.  Which makes OU run through the conference amazing last yr putting up 50 on so many of them, before reading their press clippings and getting chopped down in the Championship game, which is something else USC wont have to face.  USC has a gravey schedule, and its not even your school.  If you got balls of stone, lets bet your school vs mine, starting from today.  Ill give you a pass on the previous 2 loses already.  Hell Ill even give ARZ one more loss before we start counting. 

But for you to pick a team in the weakest conference of the BCS conferences and the best team in that conference, compared to arguably a top 3 conference with the SEC and ACC the only ones better when OU has to play  Texas, Nebraska, KSU, Okie St, Texas Tech and Missouri remaining, I dont think so.

430694[/snapback]

So, what Sgt. Ryan is saying here is that he is NOT that confident in his team, and he actually thinks OU might lose to somebody in the Big12 - who will beat them?? This is a HUGE psyche shift for him here - did you all miss it? Is everybody on the board going to let him slip by on this?

Who cares whether the bet is against AZ or USC, if OU is by far the best? Dude, either you think your team is better than all the competition, and they're going to go undefeated in conference, or they are NOT. Which is it? To make it fair, just do not count the conference title game, since the PAC-10 doesn't have one. So last year, you'd have won the bet, Sarge, (OU = 12-0, USC = 11-1.) Chicken?

Edited by Coffeeman

yeah you all adapted in stoops' first year real well!  B)  :D  :D  B)

dont play me for a fiddle boy, you lost starters, neb lost starters. WOW! what team doesn't lose starters? mind you, all 3 of those players a bit overrated, wouldn't you think? how teddy won the butkus is beyond me, and how strait won the thorpe is beyond me. check the #'s and watch the games & there's much better LB's and DB's last year. but hey its a popularity contest! OU always wins those!  :D  :D

edit; real funny how you say 'FORGET WE LOST 3 AWARD WINNERS AND OUR STARTING DT IS GONE, WE DONT NEED NO EXCUSES' haha nice use of hypocrisy. you're a true sooner!  :yay:  :moon:  :moon:

436361[/snapback]

::moon:

So, what Sgt. Ryan is saying here is that he is NOT that confident in his team, and he actually thinks OU might lose to somebody in the Big12 - who will beat them??  This is a HUGE psyche shift for him here - did you all miss it?  Is everybody on the board going to let him slip by on this? 

Who cares whether the bet is against AZ or USC, if OU is by far the best?  Dude, either you think your team is better than all the competition, and they're going to go undefeated in conference, or they are NOT.  Which is it?  To make it fair, just do not count the conference title game, since the PAC-10 doesn't have one.  So last year, you'd have won the bet, Sarge, (OU = 12-0, USC = 11-1.)  Chicken?

436458[/snapback]

EXACTLY.