[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Heisman

Sgt. Ryan

Darren Sproles 60 yds on 20 carries officially ended his Heisman chances, after KSU 2nd loss of the season, and Sproles is shut down agin as well.

The only candidates remaining

Purdue Qb Kyle Orten

Georgia OB David Greene

Oklahoma QB Jason White

USC QB Matt Leinhart

Texas RB Cedric Benson.

One of these 2 will be eliminated next week when Texas meets OU.

Personally what Orten is doing is amazing and if he can light up OSU and Michigan, then he deserves the Trophy. 17 TDs and 0 INTs in this offense in 4 big wins.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

He's a longshot, but I think that Braylon Edwards of Michigan belongs on the list.

After 4 games, he has 32 recs, 500 yards receiving and 5 TDs.

Not too bad, especially when you consider that UM is starting a freshman QB.

if he continues to put up numbers at the pace he is now, and the boilers dont lose more than a game or two, which the way they are playing right now i dont see them losing more than one before bowl time, then orton is a heavy favorite. if he slips just a little, and the boilers fade to 2-3 losses then white or leinhart could win it with lesser numbers if one of them wins a national title.

when you look at the numbers orton is putting up so far this yr, remember this.....first two games he played only a half in each, and against notre dame he didnt throw a pass in the fourth quarter. so those numbers have been put up in basically 10 quarters.

And this is why I am enjoying this season SOOOOOOO much.

Unfortunatly, Northwestern killed our chances of a national title shot, but beating up a "top 10" team. (I know Sgt.....thats why i put the quotes around it.) I'm not sure going undefeated in the big ten is enough this year. (not that I am counting my chickens before they hatch). I was hoping Purdue beating OSU and Mich would give us a shot, but I just don't see it now. Maybe Orton's hiesman hype will help.

We still have a long way to go though!

Sure is fun! How awesome is Orton!