[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas State 2000's Heisman Rankings

Kansas State 2000

Updated after the October 23rd games.

This is my updated list for the early part of October. Compare it to my September Version.

There are a few new names on the list. Gradkowski & Moats are having super stud years but may be hurt by their teams record in the end.

Quarterbacks:

#1 Bruce Gradkowski (6-2)

Yards - 2386

Total TD's - 25

Int. - 3

Comp. % - 72.1

Stock - Rising

#2 Alex Smith (7-0)

Yards - 1607

Total TD's - 23

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 64.1

Stock - Rising

#3 Kyle Orton (5-2)

Yards - 2090

Total TD's - 23

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 64.0

Stock - Slipping

#4 Matt Leinart (7-0)

Yards - 1628

Total TD's - 19

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 63.3

Stock - Steady

#5 Jason Campbell (8-0)

Yards - 1490

Total TD's - 14

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 68.2

Stock - Slipping

RunningBacks:

#1 Cedric Benson (6-1)

Yards - 1156

Total TD's - 11

Avg. per Carry - 6.2

Stock - Steady

#2 JJ Arrington (5-1)

Yards - 918

Total TD's - 10

Avg. per Carry - 7.2

Stock - Steady

#3 Adrian Peterson (7-0)

Yards - 1023

Total TD's - 7

Avg. per Carry - 5.8

Stock - Rising

#4 Vernand Morency (6-1)

Yards - 1153

Total TD's - 9

Avg. per Carry - 6.1

Stock - Rising

#5 Ryan Moats (4-4)

Yards - 1213

Total TD's - 13

Avg. per Carry - 6.7

Stock - Slipping

#6 Wali Lundy (6-1)

Yards - 598

Total TD's - 12

Avg. per Carry - 5.1

Stock - Falling

Wide Receivers:

#1 Braylon Edwards (7-1)

Yards - 806

Total TD's - 8

Avg. Per Catch - 13.9

Stock - Falling

#2 Taylor Stubblefield (5-1)

Yards - 618

Total TD's - 11

Avg. Per Catch - 15.8

Stock - Slipping

Overall

#1 Bruce Gradkowski

#2 Alex Smith

#3 Kyle Orton

#4 Cedric Benson

#5 Matt Leinart

#6 JJ Arrington

#7 Adrian Peterson

#8 Vernand Morency

#9 Jason Cambell

#10 Ryan Moats

#11 Wali Lundy

#12 Braylon Edwards

#13 Taylor Stubblefield

Edited by Kansas State 2000

Benson doesnt deserve it, he cant get it done when his team needs it most. Sproles either. Not sure even White, Edwards or Leinhart do either.

I say the top 2 players thus far are

1. Kyle Orton

2 Adrian Peterson

But underclassmen dont usually win it. so Orton is the only deserving candidate remaining if that holds true again.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Benson doesnt deserve it, he cant get it done when his team needs it most.  Sproles either.  Not sure even White,, Edwards or Leinhart do either.

I say the top 3 players thus far are

1. Kyle Orton

2a Reggie Bush

2b Adrian Peterson

But underclassmen dont usually win it. so Orton is the only deserving candidate remaining if that holds true again.

474025[/snapback]

I can agree with you on most of this but Bush ran for 23 yards today, he's falling fast.

One of the players that will be added to the list is Peterson ... You can not ignore the impressive stats he put up today.

As I've said since day one Orton is the man to beat. Edwards WILL have something to say about that though.

I think right now that Orton has to be the favorite, with Benson a distant second. I don't think you can say Benson is slipping based upon the OU game, no one has rushed for 100 against them. He still rushed for 92 yds and had 33 receiving yards. It dropped his average rushing yds a game to 149 and yards per rush to 7.6, which is still very respectable. I would be very suprised if he has another game with less than 100 yds rushing, unless they are blowing someone out, and they don't want to risk him.

:D Adrian Peterson B)

436962[/snapback]

:D  :D  B)  :yay:  since when do underclassmen win it? you guys creaming your undies cause a freshman can beat up on a couple crap teams. ridiculous. neb fans didnt go this crazy when they scored 42 points in about 20 mins vs. wiu. you guys are silly.  :D

437052[/snapback]

Yup!

Adrian Peterson: 65 rushes for 400 yards (6.2 YPC) and 5 TDs

Cory Ross: 64 rushes for 367 yards (5.7 YPC) and 1 TD

Who's your greatest hopeful this year?  Matt Herian?  :moon:

437083[/snapback]

I just had to resurrect these quotes from a thread last month. September Heisman projections

Peterson has moved up to #10 in ESPN's overall candidates. Watch out! You were all hating on him a month ago. Sarge and I have been telling you guys to watch out for him since Day 1 and now you all seem to be dumbfounded by "this Adrian Peterson kid". "Where'd he come from?" :moon: The Adrian Peterson bandwagon has got some room left on it. Hurry up and go jump on it while you can.

I just had to resurrect these quotes from a thread last month.  September Heisman projections

Peterson has moved up to #10 in ESPN's overall candidates.  Watch out!  You were all hating on him a month ago.  Sarge and I have been telling you guys to watch out for him since Day 1 and now you all seem to be dumbfounded by "this Adrian Peterson kid".  "Where'd he come from?"  :D The Adrian Peterson bandwagon has got some room left on it.  Hurry up and go jump on it while you can.

474409[/snapback]

Hell Urlacher, I was on it when AP signed his letter of intent!!!! Now lets sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!

I just had to resurrect these quotes from a thread last month. September Heisman projections

Peterson has moved up to #10 in ESPN's overall candidates. Watch out! You were all hating on him a month ago. Sarge and I have been telling you guys to watch out for him since Day 1 and now you all seem to be dumbfounded by "this Adrian Peterson kid". "Where'd he come from?"  The Adrian Peterson bandwagon has got some room left on it. Hurry up and go jump on it while you can.

Hell Urlacher, I was on it when AP signed his letter of intent!!!! Now lets sit back and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!

I'll give Sarge credit here because he has been saying this from the moment AP signed. (I hadn't even heard of him yet.) But anyone who watched the High School All Star game could see that this kid was special.

So don't go lumping all of us into some group of football retards just because OU signed him. For God's sake, I'm a Nebraska fan, not an Ohio St flunkie.

• 2 weeks later...

i saw gradkowski play this weekend, very impressive young qb. only, alot of great players have come out of the MAC in recent yrs and none of them, despite the numbers, have been heisman winners. for this reason, i dont see this guy who is still new on the scene garnering alot of votes. dont see AP winning it as a freshman (even if he continues as he has been and deserves it). i still think it comes down to benson, leinart and orton and who is the most impressive from here out. campbell from auburn would be my wildcard.

Peterson #8,  this poll is not even close.  ESPN has him #1 right now.

496355[/snapback]

God forbid KState actually think a Sooner RB is better than Darren Sproles, though. :D I wonder how many times he went over and over and over his list trying to figure out a way to justify Sproles as a top candidtate? Then when he couldn't justify it, I'm wondering how many cigarettes he smoked and how many beers he had to down to cover up the pain. :D

BTW...KState, just bustin' your chops. I was pretty high on Sproles, too. He's just done a crappie flop on us.

I do not care what the "follow the crowd" ESPN thinks. These are the best players period as shown ON THE FIELD.

AP is where he is because of a 3.6 YPC average vs. K-State. Also as that was his FIRST start of the year.

With that said I expect names to drop off my list and names to rise ... AP will rise as he starts more games as he is truly a fine RB and will bolt for the NFL as soon as he can.

ESPN does not do a CURRENT list they do a what we think will happen list. That type of list does not reflect what is going on on the field. My list does and will until the end.

EDIT: Note the STOCK line which gives an indication of things to come.

ESPN is a joke and the voters are as well in some cases ... Bruce Gradkowski has numbers that blow other players away yet they do not name him ... at this point he IS a canidate and should be treated as such. Example --- I had Orton on my poll before ESPN did.

His numbers :eek:

Yards - 2057

Total TD's - 23

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 72.9

He may faulter and miss my final five but right now he's on the list.

ESPN is a joke and the voters are as well in some cases ... Bruce Gradkowski has numbers that blow other players away yet they do not name him ... at this point he IS a canidate and should be treated as such. Example --- I had Orton on my poll before ESPN did.

His numbers :eek:

Yards - 2057

Total TD's - 23

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 72.9

He may faulter and miss my final five but right now he's on the list.

496441[/snapback]

couldnt agree with you more, just think that there have been more talented players from the MAC who didnt garner enough attention either.

If Stats were the only thing that  matters the Texas Tech QB would be a Heisman contender every yr.

496647[/snapback]

If you look HERE you'll see I had him as a candidate in September but he has thrown way to many interceptions to make the list today.

Current Stats:

Sonny Cumbie (4-2)

Yards - 2521

Total TD's - 17

Total Int's - 12

Completion % - 63.8

Kansas State 2000, maybe you should change the name of this to your choice of best players. Because the way the players rank in terms of winning the Heisman aren't anywhere close to where you have them. Just take out the word Heisman and it can be a list of your top players for this season that will be hard to argue. As a Heisman list, it can't be taken seriously.