[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas State 2000's Heisman Rankings

Kansas State 2000

Kansas State 2000, ... the way the players rank in terms of winning the Heisman aren't anywhere close to where you have them.

496725[/snapback]

I understand Gradkowski does not have a shot in the media driven race but you're telling me that the guys I have in my top five do not have a chance? You're wrong! I said as AP plays more he'll be included so that covers that angle. If you look at what ESPN says and that is all then you're clueless. ESPN did not even have Orton as a canidate until a few weeks ago, I had him since September. I would not be surprised if they do mention Gradkowski now that my list has him included. :D

#1 Bruce Gradkowski

#2 Kyle Orton

#3 Alex Smith

#4 Cedric Benson

#5 Matt Leinart

BTW, you do realize that the Heisman goes to "The best college football player" right?

ESPN is a joke and the voters are as well in some cases ... Bruce Gradkowski has numbers that blow other players away yet they do not name him ... at this point he IS a canidate and should be treated as such. Example --- I had Orton on my poll before ESPN did.

His numbers :eek:

Yards - 2057

Total TD's - 23

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 72.9

He may faulter and miss my final five but right now he's on the list.

496441[/snapback]

Hmmmmm....... BJ Symons had sick a s s goudy numbers too!!!!! and didn't even make the final three!!!!!!!!!

You only have to look back to Charles Woodsen to see that is not true.

503116[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Woodsen the first defensive player to ever win the Hiesman, and didn't he play some receiver as well in college?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Woodsen the first defensive player to ever win the Hiesman, and didn't he play some receiver as well in college?

503374[/snapback]

No ... he was the third defensive player to win the award.

It is hard for a defensive player to compete with a player that scores 3-4 TD's a week.

503374[/snapback]

:D

*1997 - CB Charles Woodson (MICH)

*1949 - END Leon Hart (ND): Although Hart was an excellent pass rusher, it seems that he made a name for himself on the offensive side of the ball as one of the top run blockers in the country.

*1936 - END Larry Kelly (YALE): Again, as was customary back then, Kelly played on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He made a name for himself as a pass catcher being the only player in Yale history to score against Princeton and Harvard in every game he played them.

So techincally, Woodson is the only true defensive player to ever win the Heisman Trophy in its 69 year history.

More :D

Here's the breakdown:

Quarterback: 22 times

Halfback: 21 times

Running Back: 15 times

Wide Receiver: 3 times

Tailback: 2 times

Fullback: 2 times

End: 2 times

Quarter/Halfback: 1 time

Cornerback: 1 time

As others have said, Woodson didn't just play defense, KSU. Good call. If Woodson had only played defense, and not offense and special teams, there is no way he would have won the Heisman. He caught 11 passes for 231 yards and two touchdowns. It wasn't the stats that mattered. It was the anticipation everyone had when he came on the field and lined up at receiver. The audience and defenses suddenly focused on him. His defense was top notch, but it was his reputation as a do-it-all player that got him the Heisman.

Updated thru 10-23

510790[/snapback]

I realize it would absolutely pain you to actually have 2 Sooners in the running and no KState players but, I have got to hear your justification as to why White is now not a top 5 QB.

Jason White

Record: 7-0

Yards: 1,617

Touchdowns: 17

INTs: 4

PCT: 65%