[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has a true freshmen ever won the Heisman?

URLACHERisGOD

I'm not saying that I think Adrian Peterson is going to win the Heisman by any means. However, I have honored the notion of him being a long shot possibility. He has not broken the top 10 by any means but, every Heisman watch list I've come across has him in the fine print at the bottom as "on the rise".

Has a true freshmen ever won the Heisman during the history of the trophy?

Edited by URLACHERisGOD

If he doesn't win it as a true freshmen, he probably will not, from what I understand based upon people that went to high school with him he will probably have major trouble staying academically, unless OU plays some games with his grades.

LMMFAO, he could have got into Stanford or Notr Dame.  This kid is focused and a bright kid.  Your sources are way off base.

469686[/snapback]

I was trying to be nice. There is no way the kid could have gone to Stanford or Notre Dame, unless he was going to their to work as a janitor. The kid rode the short bus to school. I don't know why he was in special ed, but I do know he was in special ed. I guess that it is entirely possible that he might have dyslexia (sp), and that OU has people helping him over come that . If so, that is very admirable, but the fact of the matter, is he was in special ed in high school.