[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where are all the haters

Sgt. Ryan

OS WHo - clueless piece fo Athena

Elias Grodin - ran your mouth about Texas

Big Bad Wolf - wanted to sig line bet, but I dont bet on or against my team, ever.

Show some class boys like Big A did and post you were wrong about the Sooners today. :D:DB)

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Big Bad Wolf - wanted to sig line bet, but I dont bet on or against my team, ever.

Show some class boys like Big A did and post you were wrong about the Sooners today.  :D  :D  B)

473581[/snapback]

OU "a bully among the school girls of the big 12" :D:D

Show me something in bowl season already! Lil 12

Show some class boys like Big A did and post you were wrong about the Sooners today.  :D  B)  :D

473581[/snapback]

I think AP is a stud and OU is the 3rd best team in the nation. Possibly the 2nd best. I don't know how that makes me a hater? :D Anywho congrats on the OU, I hope for your sake they keep winning, because your cocky attitude about OU is likely rubbing most other users wrong. Try to be a little humble when you (or your team) wins.

As a Texas fan, I have to give props to OU. I still don't know if they are the best team in the country, but they are good. Benson showed that a good back can run on them. I want to see OU go against a team with a more balanced offense. Texas doesn't have any wide receivers to speak of, their only threats were Benson and Young, and by Young I mean his legs, not his arm. Texas has a good D, so I'm not suprised by the low score.

As a Texas fan, I have to give props to OU.  I still don't know if they are the best team in the country, but they are good.  Benson showed that a good back can run on them.  I want to see OU go against a team with a more balanced offense.  Texas doesn't have any wide receivers to speak of, their only threats were Benson and Young, and by Young I mean his legs, not his arm.  Texas has a good D, so I'm not suprised by the low score.

473679[/snapback]

Coming into the game Benson was the best RB in the country. Now I think Peterson is, but no team imo has a back as good as either of these two, so the best a good back could do to them was under 100 yds in a losing shutout.

The Sooner D is what is going to get them where they need to be.

Well gee, OU beat UT again. Great. Now, forgive me if I don't gush all over a team that has to play maybe 2 real games before the bowl season. Your weak ass big 12 has nothing on the SEC.

Today was a perfect example. My Vols are likely the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC and they just punked UGA in Athens. That sort of parity does not exist in any other BCS conference.

Just be lucky there's no play-off or the likes of OU would win it all even less often than they already do.

Well gee, OU beat UT again.  Great.  Now, forgive me if I don't gush all over a team that has to play maybe 2 real games before the bowl season.  Your weak ass big 12 has nothing on the SEC. 

Today was a perfect example.  My Vols are likely the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC and they just punked UGA in Athens.  That sort of parity does not exist in any other BCS conference.

Just be lucky there's no play-off or the likes of OU would win it all even less often than they already do.

473964[/snapback]

I agree the Sec is the most dominate conference in the land. but the Big 12 has 3 teams OU, Texas, Okie St that could win the Pac -10, Lil 10 or Big East, and 2 that would win the ACC. Winning the SEC is impressive, but that winner rarely is undefeated. Thus last yr was an exception to the rule in terms of the SEC competing for a National Title.

Show some class boys like Big A did and post you were wrong about the Sooners today.  B)  :D  :D

473581[/snapback]

Yep, I was wrong. This would be the part where, I'd buy you a beer - if we were at a bar. But since we arent ... :D . Plus beer goes well with Crow....

Ou had the better coach, and the better team. They did what they had to do to win this game, and earned some real respect in the polls. This year's OU team may not be as flashy as last year's was - but they are 10x more balanced IMHO. The defense is smaller and faster - and does not get overpowered at the center of attack. The only thing that is left in the way is really themselves.

The stage is set - win out , win the Big 12 and its off to what is left of Florida for the NC game. Good luck...

:D

Now my Texas rant . Call it sour grapes, but Mack Brown got out coached again by Stoops. Coaching performances like this make me very thankful to be a Bama fan, and to have a coach like Shula. Getting shut out at home is unacceptable, and getting manhandled on the point of contact ( LOS) is even worse. ..

Evidence...

Logic would tell you, that if you cannot run the ball between the tackles, what makes you think that a QB draw to the same area will work??? Piss poor coaching there Mack... Their defense allowed virtually nothing between the tackles. Meaning that you have to OPEN HOLES, by spreading them out some. One way to do this is by rolling out Vince Young. Not only does he have longer than 2sec to throw the ball ( OU's dline was on him within 3sec for the most part), BUT, he also has that run/pass option that can be quite effective. Texas did absolutly nothing to try to open some running lanes in the middle. I never noticed any adjustment to do anything to generate some offense. Barely any deep throws, play action, etc... etc... to get something started. Sure its great to have a game plan, but when its not working you have to adjust it.

Why in the world would you EVER, EVER try to cover this team in a man to man coverage? Texas is very lucky that their safety is fast, and can tackle or AP would have gone for 98yrds in the first qtr. The word for the day Mack is ZONE... Stoops did it to you all day and look how ph***ing effective it was? revamped defense my arse...

When they can run all over you and you step up and stop them inside the 20 - two possible things might be wrong here. A... your guys arent making the plays until their back is to the wall, meaning that they lack discipline OR... B... the RB is tired from running all over you. Either way, you need to make adjustments, because something is broken.

The turnovers tell a tale of Sooner victory here. When you get gifts from the opposing team, you need to take advantage of them. That first quarter sealed texas' fate. On the other side, 2 big fumbles in the red zone are the nails in the coffins...

How can you not stress not turning the ball over vs OU??? Last year they had you beaten by the second quarter from turnovers.

Texas' defense is better than last year, but still has a long way to go. Losing DJ isnt going to help matters much.

Random thoughts from the game:

Peterson is going to be really, really good in his career - if he stays in school.

DJ should be a top 5 pick in the 2005 draft

Guess the Pac 10 fans are getting what they wanted. OU/USC ..minus any stumbles.

Dallas is a great venue for this game. Half Maroon, half burnt orange. I have been to a few Iron Bowls that were done that way, and that is a great way to watch a game. I was seriously pissed when the Iron Bowl was taken out of Legion field.

Mack Brown will be lucky if he makes it to see 2005. This loss will have the same effect on recruiting as last years did. Without recruiting he is a below average coach...

How many other teams in the nation would accept this? I dont think any team in the SEC, would tollerate losing ( big) to a rival, losing recruiting wars in state and having national championship hopes dashed into the proverbial rocks for 2-3 years in a row.. Oooh, he went 10-1, 9-2 and got them to a bowl each year. Wow, great. Consolation prizes...

That is all.

Yep, I was wrong. This would be the part where, I'd buy you a beer - if we were at a bar. But since we arent ...  :D . Plus beer goes well with Crow....

Ou had the better coach, and the better team. They did what they had to do to win this game, and earned some real respect in the polls. This year's OU team may not be as flashy as last year's was  - but they are 10x more balanced IMHO. The defense is smaller and faster - and does not get overpowered at the center of attack. The only thing that is left in the way is really themselves.

The stage is set - win out , win the Big 12 and its off to what is left of Florida for the NC game. Good luck...

:D

Now my Texas rant . Call it sour grapes, but Mack Brown got out coached again by Stoops. Coaching performances like this make me very thankful to be a Bama fan, and to have a coach like Shula.  Getting shut out at home is unacceptable, and getting manhandled on the point of contact ( LOS) is even worse. ..

Evidence...

Logic would tell you, that if you cannot run the ball between the tackles, what makes you think that a QB draw to the same area will work??? Piss poor coaching there Mack... Their defense allowed virtually nothing between the tackles. Meaning that you have to OPEN HOLES, by spreading them out some. One way to do this is by rolling out Vince Young. Not only does he have longer than 2sec to throw the ball ( OU's dline was on him within 3sec for the most part), BUT, he also has that run/pass option that can be quite effective. Texas did absolutly nothing to try to open some running lanes in the middle. I never noticed any adjustment to do anything to generate some offense. Barely any deep throws, play action, etc... etc... to get something started. Sure its great to have a game plan, but when its not working you have to adjust it.

Why in the world would you EVER, EVER try to cover this team in a man to man coverage? Texas is very lucky that their safety is fast, and can tackle or  AP would have gone for 98yrds in the first qtr. The word for the day Mack is ZONE... Stoops did it to you all day and look how ph***ing effective it was? revamped defense my arse...

When they can run all over you and you step up and stop them inside the 20 - two possible things might be wrong here. A... your guys arent making the plays until their back is to the wall, meaning that they lack discipline OR... B... the RB is tired from running all over you. Either way, you need to make adjustments, because something is broken.

The turnovers tell a tale of Sooner victory here. When you get gifts from the opposing team, you need to take advantage of them. That first quarter sealed texas' fate. On the other side, 2 big fumbles in the red zone are the nails in the coffins...

How can you not stress not turning the ball over vs OU??? Last year they had you beaten by the second quarter from turnovers.

Texas' defense is better than last year, but still has a long way to go. Losing DJ isnt going to help matters much.

Random thoughts from the game:

Peterson is going to be really, really good in his career - if he stays in school.

DJ should be a top 5 pick in the 2005 draft

Guess the Pac 10 fans are getting what they wanted. OU/USC ..minus any stumbles.

Dallas is a great venue for this game. Half Maroon, half burnt orange. I have been to a few Iron Bowls that were done that way, and that is a great way to watch a game. I was seriously pissed when the Iron Bowl was taken out of Legion field.

Mack Brown will be lucky if he makes it to see 2005. This loss will have the same effect on recruiting as last years did. Without recruiting he is a below average coach...

How many other teams in the nation would accept this? I dont think any team in the SEC, would tollerate losing ( big) to a rival, losing recruiting wars in state and having national championship hopes dashed into the proverbial rocks for 2-3 years in a row.. Oooh, he went 10-1, 9-2 and got them to a bowl each year. Wow, great. Consolation prizes...

That is all.

474251[/snapback]

I love the analysis.

That sort of parity does not exist in any other BCS conference.

473964[/snapback]

Hello...... Big Ten....... Oh yeah I forgot. We suck this year... :D

Every year the Big Ten beats itself up. I will admit that the traditonal powerhouses are not up to snuff this year, but the big ten will compete with every conference in the country. Any team in the Big Ten can beat any team in the big ten on any given saturday.

Take a look. NW beating OSU ? Not one of you thought that was going to happen. PSU giving Purdue the scare they did? No one so that coming. I will be scared with the IU game if Purdue has a national title game riding on it... because records don't mean anything, in these big games, it's who wants it more.

It is this way every year. Not because the conference sucks (which I am sure will be a response shortly) It's because we are that deep.

Give the Big Ten some respect.

Edited by Boilerduff

Hello......  Big Ten.......    Oh yeah I forgot.    We suck this year...  :D 

Every year the Big Ten beats itself up.    I will admit that the traditonal powerhouses  are not up to snuff this year, but the big ten will compete with every conference in the country.  Any team in the Big Ten can beat any team in the big ten on any given saturday.

Take a look.  NW beating OSU ?    Not one of you thought that was going to happen.  PSU giving Purdue the scare they did? No one so that coming. I will be scared with the IU game if Purdue has a national title game riding on it...  because records don't mean anything, in these big games, it's who wants it more. 

It is this way every year.  Not because the conference sucks (which I am sure will be a response shortly)  It's because we are that deep.

Give the Big Ten some respect.

476751[/snapback]

being a purdue fan, i somewhat agree here. my opinion is that in most yrs, the top 2-3 teams in the big ten are a slight notch below sec and big 12 top teams, but that the teams in the big ten on a whole ( meaning the next 5-6 ) are as good if not better than those same teams in those other conferences. i guess to simplify it, the top teams in those 2 conferences are better, but from top to bottom the big ten rates right with them.

As an OS who (as you like to put it) fan, I have to admit, we suck this year. If we could ever get a QB we would have a chance, but that is the one thing I dislike about coach Tressel, he is a 2 yards in a cloud of dust guy, no opening up of the playbook whatsoever. That being said, I really think it is hard to compare some of the conferences to each other. I agree with the post above about the Big10 beating itself up every year. The conference is pretty much all defense with only as much offense thrown in as is needed to win. And as OSU showed Miami a couple years ago, good defense beats good offense 9 times out of 10. But one thing you have to admit is that the OSU/Michigan game to end the season is always a blast to watch. I think it would be interesting to see a conference with OU, TX, Mich, OSU, Miami, GA, USC, and FLA to see who comes out on top after having to play each of these teams once. That would be a wild season.

Now that my rambling is over, I do have to say I was quite impressed with OU's performance against Texas. This was OU's first/only real challenge of the season and they performed well. Didn't quite "hang half a hundred" on them as Sarge is fond of saying, but they looked impressive nonetheless.