[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Purdue vs Wisconsin

Chavez

Purdue should win this one. Its been a good while for them to get a Rose bowl bid ... I think they get one this year.

476066[/snapback]

Didn't they go in Brees' senior year?

:D

Defense + good running game = Controlling the game/clock and winning championships!!!!!!

I'll take the Badgers winning by 3.

476080[/snapback]

purdue run defense has been solid in all but one game this season, i dont think a. davis goes off, he may have a decent game, but i think that purdue will hold him in check. as for wisconsin def, man they are the real deal, but notre dame and penn state both had outstanding def squads too, and purdue was able to move the ball on both. my gut tells me that if purdue can get an early lead ( and i think they will ), and force wisconsin to throw the ball, then they win by 6-10 pts. the early points are the key, as wisconsin has the lowest rated qb in the big ten and one of the poorest passing offenses.

as a purdue grad, and fan, i have watched purdue lose most of the tough games or games in tough away stadiums all to often in the past. this team has already done something that their teams in the past never seemed to be able to do by winning in two tough away stadiums at south bend and happy valley. i think they might have turned a corner, but even if they have, they are only still in the early stages of building a top notch program.

whatever happens this season, as an alum who was there in the lean yrs ( think jeff george for one season ), its fun to watch.

Edited by pokerboss

I Totally Agree!

Kudos to a penn state squad that gave me a heart attack on many occasions! I'll tell you what, being at happy valley for the game, and I am sure michigan is the same way, that stadium is LOUD!!!! I guess 108,000 people will do that. Great Game Great Fans.

A few thoughts about the Wisconson game

This is Purdue's Homecoming. Gameday, at Purdue, 1st time ever. Emotionally, if you can't get up for a game like this you don't deserve to win. Purdue will be FIRED UP all over campus. I think it is a big edge.

We had our requisite Purdue mediocre game last week, and we won. Orton had what I thought was his most inaccurate day this year, and won't be able to do that against Wisconson without paying a big price. I think we were lucky to get out of there with a win. I think it will be motivating for us.

Purdue needs to win the BIG close ones. It's something the other recent good Purdue teams couldn't do. This is the first BIG game that we have. I think they are up for the challenge!

I think this is a better team than the Drew Brees years. The D is playing very well and I hope that continues. It's a young D team and they are playing well above thier age. (this bodes well for the future as well) We should be able to slow down the Badgers.

I think Purdue wins in solid fashion. 33-21.

Man for all of you people who support your teams that win all the time...... you have no idea how cool it is to see your team up to #5, after many years of watching them stink!

GO BOILERS!!! GO PURDUE!!!! Keep up the Great Work! :D

Wisconsin' D is pretty f'n good - leading the nation in scoring good - but they just haven't faced an offense as complete or as talented as Purdue's; Orton is a legit Heisman level QB and has a deep and very good group of WRs. I don't know about their running game, but in recent years it's been solid at worst and I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Purdue's D is also solid against a limited UW offense; I think they have nice talent at WR but Stocco is too inexperienced (I hope, because the alternative is he just isn't good enough) to take full advantage of it.

And that's the difference - a complete offense vs a top D on one side and a one-dimensional offense vs a solid D on the other side. I think this is such a nice matchup that I can't even begin to predict, but I have an easier time seeing Purdue winning than Wisconsin.

Best one-liner I've seen this week - The Sporting News ranked the Badgers at #10 and the comment was "they're big, ornery, and hungry - and that's just their fans!"

well, the Badgers definitely crack the top 10 after this week. And all the purdue fans can kiss orton's chances @ the heisman goodbye. :D

Orton coughs up the rock with 2-1/2 minutes left & the Badgers take it to the house. HUGH win for Wisconsin today.

490198[/snapback]

What a fantastic game.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!