[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started coming here in 1999, at the time I was the pretty much the only guy in the Bundy Fantasy Football League to use this newfangled internet thingy.

I also frequented fanball in those early days, as both they and the Huddle were free sites. I think they both went to pay sites about the same time, and decided to spend my money on the Huddle (lot cheaper than fanball, and I liked the content and articles here a whole lot better). Safe to say, I've been happy with that decision ever since.

I didn't log on to the message boards until this year though. As mentioned earlier, if I scanned enough of the WDIS posts, I usually found someone else was in the same predicament as me in regards to players.

To think, it took reading messages in the Tailgate to get me on the boards too. :bigshock:

Don't remember Delphi so it must have been '99.  Lurked for quite awhile.  Started posting more in 2001-2.

497454[/snapback]

I have tried sooooo hard to forget it .... it was naaaaaaaaasty

497466[/snapback]

So true. So true. :D

I remember getting in line in late June of 2001 so I could get a low member number. I figured since my post content would give me no credibility maybe the low member number would (it didn't). I wasn't the first in line, either :D I fell asleep in line and a lot of people cut in front of me.

:violin:

Guest aqualung

If you remember these guys you are an old-timer.

Team, Gridiron Assassin, dope, bumbo swamp, BR (Big Red), Bowie Merc, bOb, NJ, Sol the Fly, Riffraff (the orginal Mystery Huddler host), posty, Swami, crow (Unibrow, can't remember his first username), coach. And more that I know I'm missing. This guys either took a hike when the site went pay or were banned. :D

Team, Gridiron Assassin, dope, bumbo swamp, BR (Big Red), Bowie Merc, bOb, NJ, Sol the Fly, Riffraff (the orginal Mystery Huddler host), posty, Swami, crow (Unibrow, can't remember his first username),  coach. And more that I know I'm missing. These guys either took a hike when the site went pay or were banned. :D

497581[/snapback]

I remember a fair portion of those. But then I am an 'old timer' even without remembering any of those. B):D

Team, Gridiron Assassin, dope, bumbo swamp, BR (Big Red), Bowie Merc, bOb, NJ, Sol the Fly, Riffraff (the orginal Mystery Huddler host), posty, Swami, crow (Unibrow, can't remember his first username),  coach. And more that I know I'm missing. This guys either took a hike when the site went pay or were banned. :D

497581[/snapback]

HoP, Bronco Billy, beakerpunk.

Team, Gridiron Assassin, dope, bumbo swamp, BR (Big Red), Bowie Merc, bOb, NJ, Sol the Fly, Riffraff (the orginal Mystery Huddler host), posty, Swami, crow (Unibrow, can't remember his first username),  coach. And more that I know I'm missing. This guys either took a hike when the site went pay or were banned. :D

497581[/snapback]

I remember most of those, especially BR. Man, he was not happy when I signed up as "Big Red". Big Red was not taken, so I took it. Had no idea of the 'history' and the fact he took a 6 character name and trimmed it to two.

I think I was 1999-2000, but can't quite remember. Hard to believe that this is what, the 3rd pay year?

HoP, Bronco Billy, beakerpunk.

497598[/snapback]

I remember them all , while I lurked.

There was brainysmurf ... originally had a weird name starting with a d

Sol the Fly had another name too ... which escapes me right now

There was dustdon ... now known as WaKCo

There was Across the Pond

If you remember which Huddler had an affinity for Carol Burnett, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember 2012, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember Puke Boy, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember "The Diversion", you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember who was first in the HoF, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember the great debates, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember "the letter in Paul Taglibue's front pocket", you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember "a piece of string", you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember SanDDi, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember when we could post pictures, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember which Huddler of old hated MJ and Tiger Woods, you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember the original Skybox, you might be an old Huddler ... especially if you were a member.

If you remember the original "cage matches", you might be an old Huddler.

If you remember the Watters vs Martin argument and which two Huddlers of old bet on who was the better back, you might be an old Huddler.

You could remember all of those and not be as old as skylive.

been here since 99 I dont remember the delphi experience but remember when I got here the yr it went pay and there were posts saying we are about to crack 1000....I think my original number was 994 or so...

I lurked at 1st spent most of my time in the FA Forum to start then made my way to MB. WOW I cant believe that I started the HUDDLER CHALLENGE 3 yrs ago...

anyone remember how you got to be a part of the HC the 1st yr???

I don't remember posting on the message boards until 99 I think. I posted and got slammed so didn't post for like a month after that.

I wasn't even aware there were message boards on this site before then. :D

I just read the start/bench list. I do remember the people Blitz brought up though.