[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holtz, Bowden, and Stoops

URLACHERisGOD

Lou Holtz, Bobby Bowden, and Bob Stoops were all driving along one day when suddenly they were cut off by a semi-truck and the car in which they were driving burst into flames. The three coaches stood before God awaiting their assignments in Heaven.

God first spoke to Coach Holtz. "What were your accomplishments on Earth Lou?"

Which Lou replied. "In my 33 years of coaching of college football I have accomplished many things that other coaches only dream of doing. I am the only coach in NCAA history to lead six different programs to bowl games. Likewise, I am the only coach to ever guide four different programs to final top 20 rankings. I took USC from a winless record in 1999 to an Outback Bowl victory. I have won a National Championship, National Coach of the Year honors, and guided teams to 22 postseason bowl games. These are just a few of the things I have accomplished."

"Well done", God said. "You may sit here to the left of my throne and assist me with the daily duties of my kingdom." God then turned his attention to Bobby Bowden. "What have been your accomplishments on Earth, Bobby?"

Coach Bowden replied, "In my 29 years of coaching, I am the winningest coach in Division 1A history. When I took over the Seminoles in 1976, they had only won four games over the previous three seasons. I have led the Seminoles to one of the most respected football programs in the nation. My teams have given produced a winning percentage of 80%. I have won at least 10 games per season 18 times. Under me, FSU is the only school in the nation that finished in the Top Five for 14 consecutive seasons. These are just a few of the things I have accomplished."

"Very well done", God said. "You may sit to my right and assist me with the daily duties of my kingdom." God finally turned to Bob Stoops. "What have been your accomplishments on earth Bob?"

Coach Stoops replied, "I took over a storied Oklahoma program that had won 6 national championships and held many NCAA records but had fallen to the lowest of the low. In the 3 years prior to me taking over the Sooners they went 3-8 (worst season in 102 years of football), 4-8, and 5-6, beating Texas only once and not beating Colorado or Nebraska, not to mention losing to OSU. I coached the Sooners for a season and a half, going 7-5 in my first year beating a top-15 Texas A&M with my unranked team and taking the Sooners to a bowl game. 7 games into my second season we were undefeated and I took the Sooners to #1 in the AP poll, Coaches poll, and BCS poll. We beat #10 Texas 63-14, #2 Kansas State in Manhattan 41-31, and #1 Nebraska 31-14. Our quarterback was the frontrunner for the Heisman trophy, we were in the driver's seat for the national championship, and the people of Oklahoma think you are sitting in my chair."

Under me, FSU is the only school in the nation that finished in the Top Five for 14 consecutive seasons.

man, i loved that streak.

520588[/snapback]

Kinda like the Atl Braves. They always get there, but only won it once in that streak of 14. I think that would be more painful than rooting for Texas.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan