[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU vs. NU! The rivalry continued!

Akfatha

Just keep on talking.  USC would be the best offense that OU has seen in the last 2 years.  They are balanced and would keep OU's defense off balance.  I am not going to make score predictions, but I see this game very close with SC controlling the clock to keep OUs offense off the field.  SC gives up less points per contest that OU.  Dont give me that crap about how powerful the Big 12 is either.  The big 12 north is embarrassing at best.  If OU gets to the NC vs SC it will be a war.

551771[/snapback]

I agree and OU vs the North so far is 2-0, winning by a combined 72-31.

Its the South where there are 5 ranked teams in the coashes poll and 4 in the BCS where the power is and vs the South OU is 4-0 winning by a combined 120-83.

I dont doubt it will be a war if OU plays SC. But I dont think SC will be able to run on the Sooners. So the time of possesion wont be in their favor, imo.

I also dont think SC can stop Peterson, because once he hits the second level he is gone. SC is very strong upfront on defense, but they havent seen anything like what they will see in the Sooners OL, that most say is the best in the country and the reason White and Peterson are so successful.

I agree and OU vs the North so far is 2-0, winning by a combined 72-31.

Its the South where there are 5 ranked teams in the coashes poll and 4 in the BCS where the power is and vs the South OU is 4-0 winning by a combined 120-83.

I dont doubt it will be a war if OU plays SC. But I dont think SC will be able to run on the Sooners. So the time of possesion wont be in their favor, imo.

I also dont think SC can stop Peterson, because once he hits the second level he is gone. SC is very strong upfront on defense, but they havent seen anything like what they will see in the Sooners OL, that most say is the best in the country and the reason White and Peterson are so successful

Yeah, but what OU doesn't have is a 7 foot tall inflatable mascot named Lil' Red, and that's why Nebraska is gonna win.

That and my mom's psychic told me they would.

GO BIG RED :D

Nebraska gave up 70 to TT and 45 to K.St.

Needless to say this D unit SUX............but OU O is making them look good so far 

If OU can't beat this JV team by 30-60 points, i'll be LMFAO

It's not that they suck, it's that they can't tackle. Hell, in the K State game alone they had 32 missed tackles, 18 of which would have been for a loss. They've had the players in position to make the plays, they just haven't got it done. So far tonite they've been making the tackles.

That being said, I fear it's only a matter of time before they start to screw up.

Nebraska is doing it's best impression of a college football team, but failing miserably :D Sarge is right ou has a GREAT "d" :D

With Baylor next week, ou will finish another hard fought season and will be battle tested for the bowl games B):D

..............where they will undoubtably be whipped by whomever.

When did I predict a Husker win? I just predicted a career day for Dailey, the Sooner defense has created those career days for a few quarterbacks this year.

549223[/snapback]

Don't quit your day job...........

Daily:

Passing: 8/12 for 71 yds, 0TD's, 1Int

Rushing 2 for -4 yds 0 TD's Long run -1

If this is a career day I'll take White, who made a bid for his 2nd heisman!!!!!

White: 28/34 for 376 yds 3 TD's, O Int's; 82.3% completion percentage!!!!!!

for the year 2506 yds 28 TD's 4 Int's; 64.7% completion percentage.

Don't hate the player hate the Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OU vs USC for all the marbles...see ya in Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:DB):D:D

LOL neb's RB who = injured sternum as well as a turf toe for the past few weeks OWNED the OU amazing run D. hell he outran both OU rb's, including the incredible adrian peterson! AP sucks ass and neb proved TiT. dont complain about a queerbag shoulder injury either cuz cory ross = *** TURF TOE. i also love how you sooners think ur so godly, i mean my LORD. u beat 5-4 nebraska not even by the point spread. congrats. :D u beat the worst neb team prolly since 1967 or before by 27 pts. hell atleast TTU could do it by 60. nice heisman winners yall have.

Leinhart and Campbell would each have trouble having this much success vs OU right now.  Its amazing what a 2nd CB will do for a defense.  Walker is a true freshman and he is the difference.  When he came in the A@M game after halftime the Ags couldnt score another offensvie point. 

553836[/snapback]

That depends - who do the 2 CBs cover for USC - presumably the 2 WRs, Jarrett and whoever at #2 (Mitchell/McFoy/Smith). So...who covers Bush? No one but Perkins (maybe) can stay with him, and if you put a CB on him, one of the other guys is faster than the guy covering him.

And then you hope that a safety or LB can handle big Dominique Byrd, right? Wrong. Or the other sure-handed TE, Alex Holmes. And if you do have everyone covered, you might get big LenDale White running a draw up the gut for 10-20 yards. Problems everywhere for the D coordinator to worry about - its just not that easy, Sarge. Of course, OU (and/or Auburn) presents many of the same problems, so its a huge chess match all around. Fun, fun, fun to watch. I cannot wait...

That depends - who do the 2 CBs cover for USC - presumably the 2 WRs, Jarrett and whoever at #2 (Mitchell/McFoy/Smith).  So...who covers Bush?  No one but Perkins (maybe) can stay with him, and if you put a CB on him, one of the other guys is faster than the guy covering him. 

And then you hope that a safety or LB can handle big Dominique Byrd, right?  Wrong.  Or the other sure-handed TE, Alex Holmes.  And if you do have everyone covered, you might get big LenDale White running a draw up the gut for 10-20 yards.  Problems everywhere for the D coordinator to worry about - its just not that easy, Sarge.  Of course, OU (and/or Auburn) presents many of the same problems, so its a huge chess match all around.  Fun, fun, fun to watch.  I cannot wait...

557483[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better. Very well put.

Bush may be your best WR, so Perkins would go on him.  the freshman corner Walker would cover jarrett.  And D Nicholson runs a 4.5 at the SS position, I dont think he will have any trouble covering the TE.  Mitchell and Rufus will give R White about as many yds as they gave Benson.  Besides with Dan Cody coming off the end, it may be a long day for Leinhart anyway. 

Personally I think OU would hold USC to 21 pts, and score at least 28.  Im not going to say 50, but I will say, I dont think there is any way, USC contains White and Peterson enough to win the ball game. 

Auburn on the other hand is as 1-dimensional at Texas with a lesser defense.  V Young at least posses speed problems in the running game.  Cadillac and R Brown would be lucky to duplicate last yrs stats vs USC on the Sooner front 7.  I honestly think OU would put 50 on Auburn if they met on a neutral field this weekend and Auburn may score 14.  This is not shock value its the way I see it.  Think Indy offense with Pitt Defense and you sum up the Sooners in 2004.  OU has too many weapons for any D in the country, and the Pitt D may give up the big play, but will limit you to 21 pts.  Okie St and A@m only scored 21 on their D, 14 of those were on special teams and fake punt FGs

557540[/snapback]

Texas held OU to 12 points. Do you think that Texas could hold USC to 12 points? Teams that have scored more than 12 on Texas this season:

Ark - 20

Rice - 13

Baylor - 14

Mizzou - 20

TT - 21

Okie State - 35

Kansas - 23

Teams that have scored on OU's defense this season:

BG - 24

TT - 13

KS - 21

Okie St. - 35

A&M - 35

I would say that USC's offense is more than equipped to put up whatever is necessary on OU. I realize that they have to play, but USC has substantially better talent on their offense than any of the teams listed here.

Sarge, I believe you are correct about putting pressure on Leinart. AZ did show that they could get to Leinart. I believe the same goes for White though. He is not fleet of foot. I see a serious chess match on both defenses. USC will play to take Peterson away unless he is hurt of course which would make the job of stopping OU much easier. To me that is the only way to force OU to make mistakes.

I don't believe that OU has anyone that can cover the TE Byrd. He uses his body like a basketball player to shield defenders. That play is unstoppable. When defenses have tried to take it away, that's when guys like Jarrett and Bush really become dangerous.

I realize that they have to play, but USC has substantially better talent on their offense than any of the teams listed here. 

I don't believe that OU has anyone that can cover the TE Byrd.  He uses his body like a basketball player to shield defenders.  That play is unstoppable.  When defenses have tried to take it away, that's when guys like Jarrett and Bush really become dangerous.

557579[/snapback]

Agreed, BigA. The speed of a safety doesn't help vs. Byrd, and the LBs are bigger but too slow to stay with him. This kid is the X-factor right now for USC....

OU couldn't score 49 on Nebraska at home even though they desperately tried to run up the score. What on earth makes you think OU would score 49 on Auburn. It's your opinion, that's fine, but I want to know how you come to that conclusion, considering Auburn gives up right at 9 ppg.

Agreed, BigA.  The speed of a safety doesn't help vs. Byrd, and the LBs are bigger but too slow to stay with him.  This kid is the X-factor right now for USC....

558528[/snapback]

As Ive said above, I think SS Nicholson could cover any TE in the country. LB Rufus Alexander runs a 4.6 40, Ingram does as well, so I think he could keep up with him, but something teams may start doing is chuck the TE.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

As Ive said above, I think SS Nicholson could cover any TE in the country. LB Rufus Alexander runs a 4.6 40, Ingram does as well, so I think he could keep up with him, but something teams may start doing is chuck the TE.

558771[/snapback]

By "chuck" do you mean to hit him at the line and then let him go? Then he still goes out and catches the pass, or your guy gets called for holding him. He's too strong to be held up long without somebody cheating...

By "chuck" do you mean to hit him at the line and then let him go?  Then he still goes out and catches the pass, or your guy gets called for holding him.  He's too strong to be held up long without somebody cheating...

558861[/snapback]

You make it sound like this TE is Jermey Shockey or Tony Gonzalez. He is more like Eric Johnson, all they have to throw too but Bush out of the backfield and jarrett if he can somehow get open. If the TE is your most consistent weapon on offense its going to be a long night. I simply dont think USC has quite the offense they did a yr ago, and no where near what OU has. The OU defense is faster than the USC defense and has been tested more than once. Unless you call unraked Stanford a test. I like the Sooners chances in a comfortable win.

1) If the TE is your most consistent weapon on offense its going to be a long night. 

2) a) I simply dont think USC has quite the offense they did a yr ago, and :D no where near what OU has. 

3) The OU defense is faster than the USC defense and has been tested more than once.  Unless you call unraked Stanford a test. 

559001[/snapback]

1) Agreed, but that's not what I'm saying at all - he's just another weapon.

2a) Agreed - w/Mike Williams and Steve Smith still playing, we'd be darn near unstoppable. 2 :D nah, I disagree, but that's just my opinion.

3) How do you know? And I'd call Cal the better test for us. 1st and goal from the 9, and we didn't let 'em in - we won.

I'll take USC by 7-10 over OU, but again, that's just me. Now we both have to hope our teams get there....

Edited by Coffeeman

1) Agreed, but that's not what I'm saying at all - he's just another weapon.

2a) Agreed - w/Mike Williams and Steve Smith still playing, we'd be darn near unstoppable. 2 :D nah, I disagree, but that's just my opinion.

3) How do you know?  And I'd call Cal the better test for us.  1st and goal from the 9, and we didn't let 'em in - we won.

I'll take USC by 7-10 over OU, but again, that's just me.  Now we both have to hope our teams get there....

559042[/snapback]

unless either lose, they will be there.

And we both know the Wr fell down wide open in the endzone. But Cal didnt make the play and there was still time left for USC to go back the other way. But I wouldnt use the 1st and goal at the 9 and we didnt let em in. More like 1st and 10 and Cal couldnt get it done.

Its going to be sweet breaking down this game for a month.