[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College Bowl Picks '04-05

Coffeeman

Last year we had the inaugural College Bowl Picks contest. Despite having no budget and no $ prizes, we still had 14 in-house "experts" picking the winners straight up (no points) in the 27 games, just for bragging rights. Urlacher/Midway, Sgt. Ryan, McSooner, KS2K, DGFrazia, davearm, Meatface, KevinL, theeohiostate, boilerduff, unateve, Trojanmojo, teamprimos, and yours truly. We kept track on a simple Excel file, with updates each weekend until 1/5. Some of these guys don't show up anymore, they were so embarrassed.

Does anyone remember who won? Uh, I do...I shoulda bragged more too. Anyway, I'm out to improve on my 18/27 score and walk away with the "prize" again. Looking back over the lists, I was shocked to see Sarge picked Mich St. over Nebraska in the Alamo last year, and lost. See, he's not a total homer - (who knew?!)

So, who is in? And any suggestions for changing it - should we do points spread? Have a point system, with fewer points for the early bowls and more points for the big BCS games? Collect a small fee for a prize? Let me know....

I'm game again this year. I'm pretty much computer stupid so, I'll see if my buddy can throw a cool Excel sheet together for us again. Although, didn't one of the other guys here improve on the spreadsheet I had?

Anyways, I'm in and would be game for whatever. We can keep it plain & simple and just for braggin' rights (which you pretty much wasted :D ) or we can make it all funky with point spreads, etc....

I'm game again this year.  I'm pretty much computer stupid so, I'll see if my buddy can throw a cool Excel sheet together for us again.  Although, didn't one of the other guys here improve on the spreadsheet I had?

Anyways, I'm in and would be game for whatever.  We can keep it plain & simple and just for braggin' rights (which you pretty much wasted  :D ) or we can make it all funky with point spreads, etc....

551615[/snapback]

That was me at the Excel controls - its looks pretty cool, actually, with formulas, different colors and stuff. If I do say so myself.

And you're right, I did blow it by not bragging near enough. So here's a taste: SEC and ACC both had 5 wins apiece, Pac10 had 4, WAC and Big10 had 3, then Big12, BigEast and MAC with 2, and MtnWest with 1 win.

This is why the SEC, Pac10 and Big10 guys continue to give Sarge crap, and until Dec. and Jan. roll around with a shot at redemption for the Big12, there's nothing he can do about it.....

• 2 weeks later...