[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White for Heisman

Sgt. Ryan

White all but shored up his second Heisman trophy in as many years, leading the #2 ranked Sooners past Nebraska 30-3. White was 28-34 for 376 passing yds and 3 TDs, launching him to the forefront of the Heisman race. Stoops held Peterson to only 15 carries with a seperated shoulder ending his NCAA freshman record setting streak of 100 yd games ends at 9. Well done AP :D

2005 you will be the frontrunner for the most coveted indivdual trophy in sports. But this season is about redemption and White showing last yr was no fluke, except the final 2 games. White looks more impressive this yr than he did in his first Heisman Trophy winning season. This offense is unstoppable and will lead the Sooners to their 8th National title this season. :D

This is college football, few Qbs even make the Pros.  If White stays healthy OU wins a title in 2003.  The same goes for this yr.  Its sad you Oprahers are so blind by hatred of Sooner Nation that you cant enjoyt the greatness of college football. 

Are the Sooners the college version of the 90s Yankees.  A team everyone loves to hate, because no one can beat them.  Starting to look that way.

553908[/snapback]

ROFL once again... IF. OU was exposed last year against the ONLY 2 good teams they faced. Eat it Sarge. I don't hate the sooners, i just hate fans that give them a bad name like you.

White can rack up all the stats he wants against that pu$$y schedule, but once he runs into USC or Auburn, he'll be owned. It's that simple

Are the Sooners the college version of the 90s Yankees.  A team everyone loves to hate, because no one can beat them.  Starting to look that way.

553908[/snapback]

envious (adj): showing extreme cupidity; painfully desirous of another's advantages

This is what happens to fans of other teams when a team like the Sooners are dominant on both sides of the ball, have Jason White and Adrian Peterson, and Bob Stoops is your coach. They become envious of us therefore trying to find every small disadvantage they can.

Another word we could use in this scenario would be:

fear (n.): A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.

Common reactions to dominate teams like the Sooners. We're used to it.

why would I be envious of a team that hasn't proven shi|t yet?!? Seriously. What has OU done this year that is so special? Beat Texas?! He|| Kansas almost did that. Beat Oklahoma State?! I'm sure teams around the nation are scared to death of them. Beat Texas A & M. ROFL, Utah and Baylor were sure afraid. Face it, OU hasn't done sh|t. Be thankful, be proud, that you play a weak schedule. I just wanna see you guys here when you suffer yet another humiliating defeat in whatever bowl you go to. Unless it's at the Fiesta Bowl vs Utah, then you can beat Baylor and Utah, and then go on and on, about how great you are for another year, when in fact, you just didn't beat anyone.

And I'm sure USC and Auburn would REALLY have something to fear about, knowing that OU hasn't even played a defense close to either one of them, and hasn't faced a team near as athletic, or with as balanced of offfenses. I don't have to be envious of anything, I can just watch and laugh at you idiot OU fans when you fall on your face for the 2nd year in a row. Be thankful, that the Big 12 is overrated this year ( as it is every year) and that you can do the things you're capable of doing. No one is scared of Jason White, why should they be? Against the good defenses in his career, he's sucked. Why be afraid?

why would I be envious of a team that hasn't proven shi|t yet?!? Seriously. What has OU done this year that is so special? Beat Texas?! He|| Kansas almost did that. Beat Oklahoma State?! I'm sure teams around the nation are scared to death of them. Beat Texas A & M. ROFL, Utah and Baylor were sure afraid. Face it, OU hasn't done sh|t. Be thankful, be proud, that you play a weak schedule. I just wanna see you guys here when you suffer yet another humiliating defeat in whatever bowl you go to. Unless it's at the Fiesta Bowl vs Utah, then you can beat Baylor and Utah, and then go on and on, about how great you are for another year, when in fact, you just didn't beat anyone.

And I'm sure USC and Auburn would REALLY have something to fear about, knowing that OU hasn't even played a defense close to either one of them, and hasn't faced a team near as athletic, or with as balanced of offfenses. I don't have to be envious of anything, I can just watch and laugh at you idiot OU fans when you fall on your face for the 2nd year in a row. Be thankful, that the Big 12 is overrated this year ( as it is every year) and that you can do the things you're capable of doing. No one is scared of Jason White, why should they be? Against the good defenses in his career, he's sucked. Why be afraid?

554121[/snapback]

There's that agitation and anxiety that so defines the fear that other schools have for OU. You claim not to be an OU hater, just a fan hater. "What has OU proven" you ask? Seriously, are you that ignorant or just as beligerent as the rest of the OU fearful? You claim that OU fans are "arogant" and we're the ones that make you hate us. Sarge, Lil10Joke, and I are the main Sooner fans on here and we get attacked from all sides. Have you seen the amount of posts theohiostate posts on here just to try and tick "Sarge and the crew" off? Are we not allowed to defend ourselves? We're not like the rest of you pansies who've got nothing but smoke to blow with absolutely no foundation for your argumentation.

Why doesn't anybody attack theohiostate and his complete lack of reality? Because nobody cares about Ohio State. Why doesn't anybody attack PatrckL and his arogance with Auburn? Because Auburn isn't the threat that OU is. Everybody's gunning for #1. You all want to lean on the fact that OU choked last year...and they did. How is that relevant to this year? It isn't. However, OU is so feared that somehow what happened a year ago is suppose to subtract from our complete dominance this year.

Big 12 is overrated? Prove it.

White WILL NOT win the Heisman, the voters know they made a mistake last year by letting him have it and then seeing him struggle his last two games. He will no even be any of the first 5-10 QB's taken in the draft :D

White #'s are good, but come on now, look who he was playing against, it's not like the big 12 is the SEC, PAC 10 or BIG 10, it is the 4th or 5th strongest conference in football, if that.

NOW PAY UP!!! PUNK! i got some more that says your wrong on this as well :D

No we attack OU fans because OU fans act like complete idiots on this board, saying ridiculous comments like, TEXAS would KILL Michigan, or Auburn would have 4 losses in the Big 12. This is a Big 12 dominated boar, and I'm here to do a little fact check for you wannabe college football knowledgables. And the fact is, the Big 12 is just as weak as you claim the Big Ten is. So eat it.

As for other fans, I don't control theohiostate. He's made some ridiculous claims too, but nowhere near the point that sarge and you have. You guys are the queens of absurd comments.

Well you firmly believe THAT mindless drivel every year, and look what happens, you're wrong. You're wrong most of the time. Just like you were wrong about last years Oklahoma team. Why is this year any different? You beat the same teams, the same teams who fell on there faces last year. All you can do is make absurd comments, and then make excuses. "Well 9 times outta 10" or "well they scored 2 special teams touchdowns" or the best one "we beat ourselves". You're pathetic.

Go back and read your crap from a year ago. Seriously, go back, and look how idiotic you were. You're doing the same thing again. Sarge, you don't know sh|t. 9 times out of 10, you're wrong.

Well you firmly believe THAT mindless drivel every year, and look what happens, you're wrong. You're wrong most of the time. Just like you were wrong about last years Oklahoma team. Why is this year any different? You beat the same teams, the same teams who fell on there faces last year. All you can do is make absurd comments, and then make excuses. "Well 9 times outta 10"  or "well they scored 2 special teams touchdowns" or the best one "we beat ourselves". You're pathetic.

Go back and read your crap from a year ago. Seriously, go back, and look how idiotic you were. You're doing the same thing again. Sarge, you don't know sh|t. 9 times out of 10, you're wrong.

556376[/snapback]

At least we've got the balls to talk our teams up. Hindsight is always 20/20 for you haters. You've always got the luxury of saying "you were wrong" yet you don't have the nuts to put your necks on the line and talk your team up.

I almost forgot...the Big 10 doesn't have anyone to talk up. Silly me.

Sorry, I don't feel like talking smack, and you're right thus far, there isn't much smack for me to talk about (Iowa btw). But even if we were in your position, I wouldn't sit here and say the kind of garbage we get from OU fans. It's called being a realist. It's simply a difference of views, I live in the real world, you and Sarge live in fantasy land, and the fall is much much much more greater then. And heres some smack for you, I'd LOVE to see Oklahoma go 8-2 with there top 5 running backs on there depth chart ALL on IR by years end. You sit there and whine about Perkins being injured, and make excuses for that, Iowa has won without there first 4 running backs, and now there 5th is gone too, and we'll still probably beat Wisconsin this week.

See, if I was like Sarge, I'd say, Iowa would KILL Oklahoma. Reality vs Fantasy. I think Iowa could give Oklahoma a game, but with absolutely no running game, I can safely say Iowa wouldn't beat Oklahoma. That's called being a realist.

There's that agitation and anxiety that so defines the fear that other schools have for OU.  You claim not to be an OU hater, just a fan hater.  "What has OU proven" you ask?  Seriously, are you that ignorant or just as beligerent as the rest of the OU fearful?  You claim that OU fans are "arogant" and we're the ones that make you hate us.  Sarge, Lil10Joke, and I are the main Sooner fans on here and we get attacked from all sides.  Have you seen the amount of posts theohiostate posts on here just to try and tick "Sarge and the crew" off?  Are we not allowed to defend ourselves?  We're not like the rest of you pansies who've got nothing but smoke to blow with absolutely no foundation for your argumentation. 

Why doesn't anybody attack theohiostate and his complete lack of reality?  Because nobody cares about Ohio State.  Why doesn't anybody attack PatrckL and his arogance with Auburn?  Because Auburn isn't the threat that OU is.  Everybody's gunning for #1.  You all want to lean on the fact that OU choked last year...and they did.  How is that relevant to this year?  It isn't.  However, OU is so feared that somehow what happened a year ago is suppose to subtract from our complete dominance this year.

Big 12 is overrated?  Prove it.

554132[/snapback]

Without a playoff nothing will be proven. I am guilty as well as everyone else on this board of arguing like children on who is gonna beat who and my team beat this team one time. The only thing we are missing is the hot wrestling chick and the microphone preaching to the trailor trash mullet heads about how dominating our teams are. Wrestling is fake (yep) and so is college football until a real playoff is established.

Wrestling is fake (yep)

557118[/snapback]

Say it ain't so!

On a side note...I went down to Hooters last night to watch the football game. Just so happened that there was some wrestling pay-per-view event going on and Hooters plays that, as well. I don't know what was more fun to watch: the football game or the crowd that wrestling stuff attracts! :D

Say it ain't so! 

On a side note...I went down to Hooters last night to watch the football game.  Just so happened that there was some wrestling pay-per-view event going on and Hooters plays that, as well.  I don't know what was more fun to watch: the football game or the crowd that wrestling stuff attracts!  :D

557145[/snapback]

You mean there is something else going on at Hooters besides hot babes with big fun bags?

Is Smith even going to be invited to NY.  :D

556550[/snapback]

I am the representative of Alex Smith and the Utes on this site.

Is he even going to be invited to NY??????

Now Sarge I respect your viewpoints on this site but come on, dont hide the fact that Smith is from a lesser school, yet , has way better numbers than White.

His rushing totals seperate himself from the pack of QB's.

He is very smart(graduated as a sophmore) and is tough as nails. Case in point. The road game against SDSU. He took a licking from several players throughout the game that made everyone cringe. The guy is a gamer and durable.

KStates numbers dont lie. He is the #1 in nation in passing efficiency.

There are other categories that he is in top 5.

But, your mentality is like most biased east coast people.

A team or player from a non BCS program gets no respect.

We play no one, our schedule is weak, cant play with the big boys, no talent, yada yada yada.

Well we ripped UNC & Texas A&M big time and we put our reserves in the end of third and whole fourth qtrs.

Thats the storyline of everygame we have played this yr. We get out ahead so fast that Meyer takes out the starters for second half and the other team makes a comeback to close the score gap. The Utes could easily have put up 60 on Texas A&M and 60 on UNC. Meyer chooses not to run it up.

I am not here to state that UTAH is all mighty, just that they deserve some respect this yr. for the beatings that they have put on their scheduled foes.

We'll see who goes farther at the next level(Smith vs. White).................give the guy some credit where credit is due!

We play no one, our schedule is weak, cant play with the big boys, no talent, yada yada yada.

I am not here to state that UTAH is all mighty, just that they deserve some respect this yr. for the beatings that they have put on their scheduled foes.

We'll see who goes farther at the next level(Smith vs. White).................give the guy some credit where credit is due!

558603[/snapback]

I edited yours a bit, but let me just say that the East Coast bias is not really the issue. A great QB from a smaller school in the East would have the same lack-of-exposure issue that Alex has. While UNC and TX A&M are decent foes for UT, they are not quite like playing a D from USC, OU, LSU, Auburn, etc. You have gotten enough respect to be #6 in the BCS, and your QB might get invited to NYC for the show - that's pretty good for a small school.

We don't really know how Mr. Smith would do against those teams, surrounded by the same WR/TE/RB/O-line talent that White and Leinart have. Who knows - he may've done even better. He may have a chance to play Auburn, TX or OU in a bowl game soon, and then we'll see.

As far as doing better in the NFL, you're right - Big Ben and David Carr have done pretty well, while guys like Carson Palmer have not looked as good. And BFavre and SMcNair are from small schools too. But a lot goes into that too - the system, talent/injuries around them, etc. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

I doubt he'll win it, but I do hope he gets invited to the show....

Now Sarge I respect your viewpoints on this site but come on, dont hide the fact that Smith is from a lesser school, yet , has way better numbers than White.

His rushing totals seperate himself from the pack of QB's.

He is very smart(graduated as a sophmore) and is tough as nails. Case in point. The road game against SDSU. He took a licking from several players throughout the game that made everyone cringe. The guy is a gamer and durable.

KStates numbers dont lie. He is the #1 in nation in passing efficiency.

There are other categories that he is in top 5.

Well we ripped UNC & Texas A&M big time and we put our reserves in the end of third and whole fourth qtrs.

Thats the storyline of everygame we have played this yr. We get out ahead so fast that Meyer takes out the starters for second half and the other team makes a comeback to close the score gap. The Utes could easily have put up 60 on Texas A&M and 60 on UNC. Meyer chooses not to run it up.

558603[/snapback]

I never said he wasnt good, just question if he will even be invited to NY as one of the top 5 candidates, with all the other candidates from Big Schools most likely heading there. Leinhart, Bush, White, Peterson, Edwards, Benson. etc.....

I never said he wasnt good, just question if he will even be invited to NY as one of the top 5 candidates, with all the other candidates from Big Schools most likely heading there.  Leinhart, Bush, White, Peterson, Edwards, Benson. etc.....

558713[/snapback]

I think Bush's recent fumblitis is hurting his chances right now...

White WILL NOT win the Heisman, the voters know they made a mistake last year by letting him have it and then seeing him struggle his last two games. He will no even be any of the first 5-10 QB's taken in the draft   :D

White #'s are good, but come on now, look who he was playing against, it's not like the big 12 is the SEC, PAC 10 or BIG 10, it is the 4th or 5th strongest conference in football, if that.

NOW PAY UP!!!  PUNK!  i got some more that says your wrong on this as well :D

554436[/snapback]

All right, I've watched enough of this.

As a diehard SEC fan and a proud member of Big Blue Nation in the heart of the bluegrass, I have to take to task anyone who touts the SEC this year as a strong conference. You can diss the Big 12 all you want, that's your prerogative. But anyone who cites the SEC as a conference that is miles better than the Big 12 is blinded by hatred for OU. Let's take a look at the SEC, shall we? LSU is waaaaayyy down from last year. Same goes for Ole Miss, Miss State, Georgia (who were dominant last year, just very good this year), Kentucky (yes, we play football in KY)and South Carolina (who squeaked out a one point win over a Kentucky team that lost to Ohio University for crissakes.) Ron Zook has taken a once proud Florida team and run it into the ground. Tennessee is using a two QB system. It all adds up to a weak SEC, and therefore an undefeated Auburn.

So bash OU if you must, but please don't embarrass those who know and love the SEC by painting them as some world beating conference.

Sarge is right. OU is better than Auburn and we will have a good National Championship game this year. USC has proven vulnerable to poor opponents a few times this year, and I don't think we will be seeing a blowout in Miami. Ten points either way is the most.

Edited by Cyclones