[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Bowl Projections

PatrickL

Did you actually read it?

USC is getting a free pass in this whole mix and might be the third best team of the top three
if Auburn slides in to the Orange. OU deserves a spot in the national championship

USC is the worst out of the 3, Auburn "slides", OU deserves,etc... Basically, they are saying that if Auburn and USC play for the National Title in the Orange Bowl, it should be renamed "The Sympathy Bowl".

I was pointing out, that if the Fiesta Bowl went OU vs Utah, it would be the worst bowl ever. Cuz no one in the nation tunes in for OU games, cuz you a$$holes don't bring in the money, on a national scale. It's why the 2003 Rose Bowl did so bad, and last years national championship game did so bad. OU doesn't = tv ratings. Prove it wrong!

If Auburn doesnt pass OU in the poll this week, they never will.  And from what I hear they will not even cut the deficit in half.  USC is getting a free pass.  They play the weakest SOS of the 3, OU plays the toughest.  OU played its 3 toughest games on the road.  Auburn and USC got their toughest at home.  The computers obviously love OU, as they are ranked #1 over USC and Auburn.  I personally see OU vs USC and OU winning the National championship game.

555202[/snapback]

well what you heard was wrong. they tied them in the AP poll and cut the deficit to TWO in the coaches poll. OU with two weak opponents coming and AU with two tougher opponents coming. getting nervous? *throws an orange at your foolish ass*

I guess we will see in a ferw short weeks.  Right now I dont think anyone knows for sure anything.  But I dont see any of the top 3 teams losing and there could be another split National Championship as there was a year ago.

556263[/snapback]

You are missing the point AGAIN ! Had they got it right last year there would have been no split NC, USC vs LSU should have happened! ou would have fallen to whomever they were paired against anyways.

If they don't put USC and Aurburn in the title game, i gaurentee they will have to split it, if they do get it right and match them up, the winner would be the undisputed NC, we all know ou would fall to whomever they faced Cal, Utah, Michigan or Georgia.

Well I hate to say this, but after MIchigan State Destroyed Wisconsin, looks like only 1 team makes the bcs. Hopefully Michigan makes it to the Rose bowl, Ohio State is down this year, but throw out the records in this one, it will be an all out war. Always is.

I dont know who will make the title game, its all so close. A case could be made for each team. I think Usc is a lock, although 2 games remain, they should win, but N.d and Ucla could give them trouble. As for Auburn, Bama and the title game, nothing will be easy. Oklahoma I think has the easiest way in. Baylor and some sad team from the North. My question is , with Oklahoma and Auburn so close, does Auburn jump Oklahoma base on who they play.

Every year it comes to this, some team is left out, I still think If the Ncaa adds 1 game after years bowl games problem solved. Only add it if needed.

This will end all this which conference is better stuff, Everyone can defend there conference, but what does it really mean. Until its decided on the field.

I agree

But I honestly think last yr if LSU plays USC on New Yrs day and Michigan plays OU New Years day,  which according to the BCS OU was #1, LSU #2, USC #3 Michigan was #4. then we have the same result a week later in the BCS title game a week later.  OU vs LSU, and LSU the National Champs.

556774[/snapback]

Perhaps, assuming LSU won vs. USC. If USC won, and they were #1 in both human polls, USC might've been the undisputed champ. But....its in the past, and this year is shaping up to be similar. If Auburn has the "toughest road" ahead for the final 2 games over both USC and OU, as is being said everywhere, and all 3 win out, who's left out? This may not be fair, but I think the voters will do whatever they can to prevent leaving USC out again after last year, so its probably either Auburn or OU.

Unfortunately, it means that all 3 have to try to run up the score on whoever is left and keep fingers crossed. Poor Alabama, ND, UCLA, Baylor plus (likely) UGA (again) and the sorry-ass team from the Big12 North that OU will pound on....

Those 3 top bowls are exactly how i stated yesterday.

Utah will show they are worthy against ou.

554439[/snapback]

I'll chime in for the UTES!

OU would beat my Utes but it would be a shootout.

Peterson would rack up 200 yards as our run D is our weakness.

Sorry Sarge, but, i would take Alex Smith(running and pass Td,plus, Pass Efficiency, hes #1) over White this year......but, most likely Peterson will win the Heisman.

If OU plays in Nat'l game Utah should destroy BC or WVU...whoever the Big Least conference has.

Utah would be a great watch this bowl time but, against BC it would lose ratings so fast.......................bummer!!!

Theirs an outside chance ,they say if CAL loses, Utes could go to Rose against a rematch of 2 yrs ago ....Michigan. That would get mass ratings!

I'll chime in for the UTES!

OU would beat my Utes but it would be a shootout.

Peterson would rack up 200 yards as our run D is our weakness.

Sorry Sarge, but, i would take Alex Smith(running and pass Td,plus, Pass Efficiency, hes #1) over White this year......but, most likely Peterson will win the Heisman.

If OU plays in Nat'l game Utah should destroy BC or WVU...whoever the Big Least conference has.

Utah would be a great watch this bowl time but, against BC it would lose ratings so fast.......................bummer!!!

Theirs an outside chance ,they say if CAL loses, Utes could go to Rose against a rematch of 2 yrs ago ....Michigan. That would get mass ratings!

557481[/snapback]

:bigshock: There's a Utes fan here? Sweet. Stick around!

:bigshock: There's a Utes fan here?  Sweet.  Stick around!

557526[/snapback]

Yeah,

Ill be around.......this year at least :D

No, we will be just as good ,maybe better next yr.

The Utes are a scoring machine....ASmith is unbelievable......plus our wideouts are unstoppable.

Gotta win this Sat. to be included(BCS).No gimme as our rival is coming to SLC..........

I agree

But I honestly think last yr if LSU plays USC on New Yrs day and Michigan plays OU New Years day,  which according to the BCS OU was #1, LSU #2, USC #3 Michigan was #4. then we have the same result a week later in the BCS title game a week later.  OU vs LSU, and LSU the National Champs.

556774[/snapback]

I miss this the first time Sarge, here is my opinion, Michigan would have beat OU

last year, base on the fact Kansas St. loss to Ohio St, and we beat them, and then it would have been Usc and MIchigan,, in the title game, and Usc would not of had a home game. And we would have won the NC. :D

I miss this the first time Sarge, here is my opinion, Michigan would have beat OU

last year, base on the fact Kansas St. loss to Ohio St, and we beat them, and then it would have been Usc and MIchigan,, in the title game, and Usc would not of had a home game. And we would have won the NC. :D

562331[/snapback]

OMIGOD - I think you're kidding, but still - ghosts of ignorance past (last year)....

OMIGOD - I think you're kidding, but still - ghosts of ignorance past (last year)....

562430[/snapback]

Of course Im kidding, Usc Def line was really quick, we had no answer all day long.

For some reason, Michigan always has trouble out West, hell Michigan lost to Oregon last year.

USC has beaten 2 ranked teams BOTH at home v Cal and Arizona St

Okla has beaten 3 ranked teams 1 at a neutral site v Texas, and the other 2 on

the road at Okla St and A&M

Auburn would have beaten 4 ranked teams 2 at home v Georgia and LSU, 1 at a

neutral site if they win over Tenn in the SEC title game, and 1 on the road at

Tenn

Why is it that everyone is saying Okla or Auburn v USC for the title. To me USC has CLEARLY played the worst schedule and CLEARLY has played in the easiest conference. I don't get it. I'd like to see Auburn and Okla in the Orange.

Why is it that everyone is saying Okla or Auburn v USC for the title. To me USC has CLEARLY played the worst schedule and CLEARLY has played in the easiest conference. I don't get it. I'd like to see Auburn and Okla in the Orange.

562783[/snapback]

:D This is what I've been saying all along. It's what I like to call the "USC Mercy Bowl".

Defending Champs. They have a right to defend what's theres. If they lose, then they definately don't deserve to be there, its that simple. All 3 teams are worthy of being in the Orange Bowl, providing they all win there conference Championships. Thats the problem. 3 teams are worthy. One will likely get snubbed. And unfortunately I think it'll be Auburn. Personally, I think Auburn is the best of the bunch.

Actually going by what I've been seeing and hearing if they all win out I think Okla gets the snub and it's Auburn USC in the Orange. Remember Auburn's last 2 are at Bama and v Tenn most likely in the SEC championship game. Meanwhile Okla gets 2 bad teams in Baylor and most likely an Iowa St or something in the Big 12 championship game. When you factor in who they have left and what it's likely to do for Auburn I say if they win out they get the Orange and Okla gets snubbed IMO.

:D This is what I've been saying all along.  It's what I like to call the "USC Mercy Bowl".

562893[/snapback]

Obviously I disagree with this BS, but that's just my opinion vs. yours. At the risk of preaching to the choir here, I think its safe to say that this should put more pressure on the BCS folks to change the system again. We should either go to the Big 4 Bowls + 1 idea (NC game played a week after, taking the top 2 teams in the polls,) or a full-blown 8 or 16-team playoff.

The other option is to go back to the way it was - unconnected bowls, human polls and occassionally having a split champion - and not worrying about it. In the grand scheme of things, is it really that important if 2 groups of guys get to brag and wear gaudy rings instead of one group? I don't care...

Why did we get stuck with a half-brained money-grab scheme, hatched by the biggest 6 conferences presidents/commisioners and ABC, instead of an overall playoff system from the NCAA itself? Isn't it inherently biased and unfair to the smaller conferences? Of course it is...

I'll tell you what I think we can almost ALL agree on - the automatic bid from the Big East this year is a complete joke. BC or whomever is going to get absolutely killed by the ACC champ or any of the other top schools - I will boycott TV on that one for sure. Definitely not worth 3-4 hours of my time on a busy New Year's day in any way.

The facade of the BCS saying that they can determine "on the field" who is the deserving champ is total BS! And the sooner we can push those fat cats out and get someone who is unbiased in charge of a truly fair playoff system (or go back to the old way,) the better.....

Agree about the Big East. Also I like the big 4 plus 1 idea. There will NEVER be a playoff system so the big 4 plus 1 is the best we'll get. This way the winner of Auburn USC could play Okla most likely in 1 game after the bowls. Or better yet since USC is the 1 seed they would play the # 4 team in a bowl game, and Auburn would play Okla in another bowl then the 2 winners play in the plus 1 game. That's the way.

Bottom line is right now 3 doesn't go into 2 no matter WHAT they do so if Auburn wins out, and with those 2 games they may very well lose making this whole discussion useless, we're stuck with crap and no real national champ IMO.