[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AND OU is still #2 in the BCS

Sgt. Ryan

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1114

OU has such a commanding lead in the computers even if OU gets passed in both polls which hasnt happened yet, Auburn wont jump USC or OU in the computers and OU will go to Miami to face USC.

Auburn simpy tied OU in 1 poll and are behind in the other. With Alabama losing again, their SOS will be very minimal upgrade over a pathetic Baylor teams. Baylor is 3-7, beating a top 25 team, while Alabama is 6-4 without a quality win thus far. Tennesse if they win out will be 9-2, . Colorado is most likely to be the North represetative and they are 6-4, if they win out they will be 8-4, The SOS there will also be very minimal. So talk of SOS from now on isnt going to be a decisive as some think. I heard a BCS expert on ESPN radio this evening state OU would have to lose for Auburn to overtake them in the BCS. I dont see that happening, so Auburn will make it close but eventually lose out, as they should.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

quoting edwards

"Which team will be ranked higher by the computers at the end of the season, when it truly matters? Oklahoma seems to have a very comfortable lead in a couple of ratings, but a few others indicate that Auburn is close enough to make a move. The answer is that it's too close to call now."

wishful thinking on your part.  OU is going to win the National Championship.  And Auburn aint going to be there  :D

556118[/snapback]

A team that plays seemingly all of its games at home (except for a couple) and tries to run it up on inferior Big 12 North competition isn't impressing me.

You've got a sixth-year QB on two bad knees trying to lead you to a national title.

What you don't seem to be able to see through your garnet-colored glasses is that you would, in USC or Auburn, be facing two teams that completely outclass you in the speed department.

Just when everyone thinks USC is set up for their first loss, they almost seem to be toying with people.

Auburn, on the other hand, POWDERED the #5 team in the nation. Georgia was out of that game as soon as the opening coin flip hit the ground.

In terms of on-field product, Auburn should be playing USC for the whole ball of wax. Maybe one of these days, we'll eventually start doing it the right way, and taking stupid computers out of this whole deal.

Ronnie Brown and probably Carnell Williams too will be better pros than Peterson, bank on it. Peterson is overrated and played against sorry defenses all year in the sorry big 12. rofl look at how many receptions auburn's tight ends have this year when you are doing your "research" it sure isn't many. The receivers have plenty of deep catches, no reason to throw deep against Georgia when the dawgs weren't respecting the short stuff to the backs and it was working. (btw this is a different brian, not big ten brianW, look at their names) OU probably does have more speed on defense than any other Defense in the COUNTY as you said. Country, they don't come close to Auburn. Did you see them try to defend the sorry OSU and Aggie passing attacks? They couldn't. Auburn would torch OU's secondary just like those two teams, but we actually have a defense that could expose White like he was last year against LSU. OU hasn't beat a top team this year either. Who has Texas beat? They are #20 at best, who have they beat? no one. You were the one chirping Georgia's praises before this week. Face it Auburn is better. WDE!! Just keep winning, hopefully Auburn will too and hopefully USC will drop one b/c it's getting to the point where OU/AU just need to do the thing. What do you think the chances are the USC gets upset by UCLA or ND?

Edited by PatrickL

wishful thinking on your part.  OU is going to win the National Championship.  And Auburn aint going to be there  :D

556118[/snapback]

I would wager ANY AMOUNT !! if you'd would pay this time that OU doesn't win and if by some miracle they make the NC game they would lose by a minimum of 14 points.

Are you really that foolish?

ou couldn't even compete with LSU or USC last year and you actually think that they could compete with USC or Auburn this year when their D is twice as bad?

IDIOT!! gimmie some money :D

Who has OU beaten? A Texas team that *** near lost to KANSAS. A Texas A & M team that DID lose to Baylor and MT West overrated Utah. And that oh so threatening Oklahoma State team.

And if you knew anything about college football, you would know how SOS is ranked. It's based on the win-loss percentage of your opponents. So beating Baylor HURTS OU, because Baylor has a LOSING RECORD. SOS doesn't say, well they beat Texas A &M so they arent as bad... no it is all based on the fact that they have 3 wins. Okie State will lose in there Bowl game, so will A & M. Texas will fall flat on there face as well unless they get a chump like Boston College or something, then they'll barely beat them and OU fans will still talk about what a great win it was.

The Fact is, OU is not as deserving as Auburn. Auburn plays in a tougher conference, against better competition, and they won. The Big 12 is overhyped AS USUAL, and overranked. It'll be proven in the bowls, when all of those "great" teams that OU beat LOSE to better competition.

Ronnie Brown and probably Carnell Williams too will be better pros than Peterson, bank on it. Peterson is overrated and played against sorry defenses all year in the sorry big 12. rofl look at how many receptions auburn's tight ends have this year when you are doing your "research" it sure isn't many. The receivers have plenty of deep catches, no reason to throw deep against Georgia when the dawgs weren't respecting the short stuff to the backs and it was working. (btw this is a different brian, not big ten brianW, look at their names) OU probably does have more speed on defense than any other Defense in the COUNTY as you said. Country, they don't come close to Auburn. Did you see them try to defend the sorry OSU and Aggie passing attacks? They couldn't. Auburn would torch OU's secondary just like those two teams, but we actually have a defense that could expose White like he was last year against LSU. OU hasn't beat a top team this year either. Who has Texas beat? They are #20 at best, who have they beat? no one. You were the one chirping Georgia's praises before this week. Face it Auburn is better. WDE!! Just keep winning, hopefully Auburn will too and hopefully USC will drop one b/c it's getting to the point where OU/AU just need to do the thing.  What do you think the chances are the USC gets upset by UCLA or ND?

556183[/snapback]

Pat, he doesn't do research. He still thinks Kansas State beat Syracuse in 2001, Iowa State doesn't play in the Big 12, and that Iowa somehow lost to Florida last year. BTW, Florida sure didn't have a problem beating LSU IN BATON ROUGE last year. Why did OU have such a problem?

Whats cool about this is, we will find out soon enough, and once its all said and done, OU will have beaten USC for the title and you can all whine about the BCS then, just as those did last yr when OU was so dominate in the computers they were #3 in both polls and still was #1 in the BCS.  See when you beat 5 teams in the top 30, that says something.  The BCS has changed some, but the computers still have a bigger piece of the pie than either poll indivdually, because Auburn and OU will be so close in both those polls, the computers will dictate again, and OU will be on top and face USC.  Its a moot point to argue over what is going to happen.  It will all play out, and when it does I expect to be very happy with the outcome.  And some of you will biatch and moan as you did last yr.

556206[/snapback]

in that scenario your happiness would be replaced w/ humbleness on jan 5 :D

This sums it up.  You are as ignorant as the OSU.  and you are now #3 on my ignore list.  Later idiot.

556229[/snapback]

like coolio said, if you can't take the heat, get yo ass out da kitchen, we on a mission!

The only idiot is you. Utah's SOS is based on there opponents Records. You say it would be good if that were the case. Look at the teams they have played. the best team in there conference, record wise, other than Utah is 6-4. They hold a win over Texas A & M who have 3 losses, the rest of there games are against teams with .500 or lower cept for New Mexico (6-4) and Wyoming (6-4). That's why they have a low SOS, you ***ing idiot. Because there opponents don't have good win-loss records.

You've already been proven wrong already about the Big Ten-Big 12 debate. The last 3 years, your own research proved that. (the research I corrected, but your research nonetheless). We don't find out who the best is til the end of the year, so any speculation about a conference being BCS worthy htis year, is just that speculation (or in your case, dumbass speculation).

Sarge, go back a year on this board, and just read your posts. Take some time. Go over what you said. Look at who REALLY is the moron. Why should it be any different this year?

Ronnie Brown and probably Carnell Williams too will be better pros than Peterson, bank on it.

556183[/snapback]

Sounds like quite a bit of confidence here. :D "probably" ... "bank on it"

What about your beloved Reggie Bush? Hootin' and hollerin' about the Auburn guys. You jumping on that bandwagon too now?

What do you think the chances are the USC gets upset by UCLA or ND?

556183[/snapback]

Pretty much between slim and none, and slim just left town. The Bears had the best chance with a first and goal from the 9, and couldn't get it done with four tries. Then the Beavers had the next best chance in that pea-soup crap up there, and they couldn't get it done either. USC has done it 20 straight at home now, and the Rose Bowl is practically a home game too. Carroll has his boys jacked up for every game, they know what is at stake every week. See you in Miami....

No sgt. dumbass, I just present you with facts. You sit here and chirp about how the Big 12 is so great, and talk trash about the Big Ten. The fact is, the Big Ten has been a better conference in previous years, and the Big Ten will likely prove to be the better conference this year by years end. There is only one poll that matters, and thats the polls at the end of the year. The Polls now don't mean much to me, because year after year, they get blown apart in the bowls. They are just a stem of the overranking the Big 12 gets every year, and every year they disappoint. Seriously, there is NO OTHER conference that gets the hype that the Big 12 gets ever year, and every year since 1996, they have disappointed. They have had some great teams since then no doubt, but as a whole the conference has been a disappointment, yet year after year, they go on and on about how great they are. Never once have I made an absurd comment aobut how OU sucks, like sarge *** here does. He says USC and Auburn suck a lot. I have said that I think there are better teams than OU. Those Top 25 wins that OU got, will be proven to be weak come crunch time. And likely, one of those bowl teams will end up losing to a Big Ten team.

As for the Orange Bowl, Auburn is one of the few SEC teams that I like, so I've thrown my support for them. I think they could get there, but I believe OU will prolly steal another chance from a REAL worthy team. Oklahoma will then get beat by USC, and sarge will be making the excuses he always does like "well 9 out of 10 times on a neutral field blah blah blah" It's all the same. Nothing but excuses.

A week ago this moron was talking about how Georgia was gonna smack Auburn in the mouth, well looks like that prediction fell flat, just like OU will vs USC or Auburn. Honestly the worst thing that could happen is Oklahoma DOES get screwed. Cuz then they'll go to the Fiesta Bowl, and kill Utah, and sarge stupid will come in here bragging like it actually means something to beat Utah, cuz you know, they beat Texas A & M and all so they HAVE to be good.

I would actually say Peterson is a better RB than Bush right now, though Bush is a better all-around player. That said, Bush would kill Peterson in a race. Bush was third in the 100 meters at the California state finals as a junior before not running track as a senior.

Auburn, on the other hand, POWDERED the #5 team in the nation.  Georgia was out of that game as soon as the opening coin flip hit the ground.

556129[/snapback]

Ga 11th in the AP, 10th in the coaches, 8th in the BCS.

Where in the hell do you get 5th at?????? they aren't 5th anymore, hell with two losses I thought they fall further than that, Tenn should be ranked higher than Ga Tenn beat Ga, has two losses as well, for that matter Mich only has one loss.... to ND same team that bowed up agaisnt Tenn. So how in the world can Ga with two losses, looking in at the SEC Championship game from afar, be ranked ahead of Tenn and Mich!!!!! Do the math it just doesnt add up!!!!!!!

This is what I dont get.  Preseason polls are helping GA big time, yet are a double standard when it comes to OU and Auburn.  Wow, could the SEC be worse than the Big 10 this yr.  Seriously.   :D

556772[/snapback]

...........and had ou not been ranked so high, Auburn would have been cemented ahead of them B)

The only reason the Auburn is not #1 o 2 in every poll, is they were pre season favorites last year and were a huge disappointment, their year came one to late in a sense, had they been ranked,that high. to start this season as opposed to last , it wouldn't even be a contest B)

so, ou has benefited BY FAR the most due to preseason polls!! :D

........if your comparing the big 12 to the SEC of BIG 10...........keep dreaming and use Depends :D

There are 5 teams in those 2 conferences that would have went undefeated in the big 12...........easy! candy from a baby.

I know you won't understand, by stay tuned for the bowl season again :D

Edited by theeohiostate