[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas State 2000's Heisman Rankings

Kansas State 2000

#1 QB Alex Smith (11-0) MY VOTE

Yards - 2624

Total TD's - 38

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 66.1

#2 QB Matt Leinart (11-0) PROJECTED WINNER

Yards - 2748

Total TD's - 31

Int. - 5

Comp. % - 66.2

#3 QB Jason White (11-0)

Yards - 2707

Total TD's - 30

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 64.3

#4 RB Cedric Benson (10-1)

Yards - 1764

Total TD's - 20

Avg. per Carry - 5.8

#5A RB Adrian Peterson (11-0)

Yards - 1671

Total TD's - 12

Avg. per Carry - 5.8

#5B WR Braylon Edwards (9-2)

Yards - 1221

Total TD's - 12

Avg. per Reception - 14.0

Edited by Kansas State 2000

#1 QB Alex Smith (10-0)

Yards - 2440

Total TD's - 36

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 66.0

#2 QB Jason White (10-0)

Yards - 2513

Total TD's - 28

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 64.8

#3 QB Matt Leinart (10-0)

Yards - 2348

Total TD's - 26

Int. - 5

Comp. % - 65.7

#4 RB Cedric Benson (9-1)

Yards - 1599

Total TD's - 19

Avg. per Carry - 5.9

#5 WR Braylon Edwards (9-1)

Yards - 1049

Total TD's - 11

558699[/snapback]

Like I said before, this may be your 5, but Id bet Peterson is invited to NY before A Smith is. So having someone #1 who has no shot whatsoever of winning is pointless.

#1 QB Alex Smith (10-0)

Yards - 2440

Total TD's - 36

Int. - 2

Comp. % - 66.0

#2 QB Jason White (10-0)

Yards - 2513

Total TD's - 28

Int. - 4

Comp. % - 64.8

Yards - 2348

Total TD's - 26

Int. - 5

Comp. % - 65.7

Yards - 1599

Total TD's - 19

Avg. per Carry - 5.9

Yards - 1049

Total TD's - 11

558699[/snapback]

So you think they'll take a WR to the show in NYC (over AdrianP) just to make it appear that they're being more fair to the other positions, or do you honestly believe he's more deserving of it than AP? In other words, is this your personal "most deserving" list, or who you think is most likely to get invited? Just curious...

Like I said before, this may be your 5, but Id bet Peterson is invited to NY before A Smith is.  So having someone #1 who has no shot whatsoever of winning is pointless.

558718[/snapback]

I'd like some action on the wager. A. Smith WILL be in NYC for the presentation of the Heisman. Peterson may or may not be.

#1 QB Alex Smith (10-0)

#2 QB Jason White (10-0)

558699[/snapback]

This seems reasonable. Though if Adrian Peterson finished strong he could be there over Braylon. But he needed all 100 yard game to win it this year. AP won't win. CB has it over AP at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
We will see ... Alex Smith better get invited as he is 11-0 and has the best stats of anyone. I say he does.

585009[/snapback]

Any chance that White doesn't even make the trip, given that most don't think the voters will give him another one? I honestly think its between AP and Leinart, representing the top 2 teams, assuming they both have big days this weekend....

Any chance that White doesn't even make the trip, given that most don't think the voters will give him another one?  I honestly think its between AP and Leinart, representing the top 2 teams, assuming they both have big days this weekend....

585034[/snapback]

No, he'll be there as he should.

Leinart has one more game @ UCLA while Smith has completed his regular season.

Smith ... plays in a non BCS conference.

585046[/snapback]

Lets look at their stats vs. a common opponent, in this case it's Texas A&M from the BIG 12. Heisman voters will look at this as hard as anything else.

Smith - 359 yards 5 TD's 0 Int. Score 41-21

White - 292 yards 5 TD's 0 Int. Score 42-35

Peterson will steal votes, just like opportunities from White.

585046[/snapback]

Without a doubt he will but OU does have the better shot of beating USC with him.

White imo, wont win it because of 2 games last yr, which is rediculous.

585046[/snapback]

Last year was last year he should not get hurt by that but will. Do note that he has 11 less TD's and 1139 less yards than last year. That will be the only reason the voters will need.

The Sooners would much rather have the Crystal Ball.

585046[/snapback]

Actually I have the crystal ball and it says USC will win the NC. Sorry. :D

There is no way OU loses to USC. OUs Team speed alone is such a huge factor that is being ignored, that is the decisive reason the Sooners will win it all.

USC just doesnt have a defense fit to match the Sooners on offense. 

585187[/snapback]

I just don't get how you continually dis USC's great D. I'll say it one more time - our guys are NOT SLOW! You DO NOT go undefeated and beat good teams like Cal and VaTech without a very good (and fast) D. Same with our offense. It just doesn't happen...

Again, OU might actually beat USC, but the bashing of USC's D, just because they don't play in the Big12, does not make sense! I don't see a blowout by either team...

What did OU do to Sproles this yr,  I think they figured out how to stop him, and that type of play. Bush is the only chance USC has vs OU, and I think Stoops and Co. know this as well, and will play him just as they did Sproles this yr.

585242[/snapback]

This is at least the second time you've made a big deal out of OU stopping Sproles. Need I remind you, yet again, that stopping him wasn't such a feat this year (likely because the team was just flatout not that good). Fresno St. held him to 50 total yards.

Bush is every bit the player and is surrounded by enough talent to make him a much harder puzzle to solve.

Honestly Sarge, you've got a really bad habit of skewing stats to make your points. It makes it very hard to take anything you say seriously. Which is a shame considering how much you know about college ball.

This is at least the second time you've made a big deal out of OU stopping Sproles.  Need I remind you, yet again, that stopping him wasn't such a feat this year (likely because the team was just flatout not that good).  Fresno St. held him to 50 total yards.

Bush is every bit the player and is surrounded by enough talent to make him a much harder puzzle to solve.

Honestly Sarge, you've got a really bad habit of skewing stats to make your points.  It makes it very hard to take anything you say seriously.  Which is a shame considering how much you know about college ball.

585886[/snapback]

Lets just put it this way, OU has an answer for everyone on the USC roster, but Bush. OU will not let Bush beat them, as Sproles did last yr. Im not saying Sproles was the greatest back by any means, but last yr he had a career day vs the Sooner D, and if you think Stoops and Co, have forgot about that, you are nuts. Bush is the same kind of elusive back that can beat you in many ways. But Stoops will have an answer.

I dont think USC offense is nearly as explosive as last yr, and OU imo is better than a year ago when it put 50 on 7 bowl teams. The difference is OU can grind games out with a lead, where last yr, they had to throw to retain the ball.

Some say Im a ignorant Homer, but Ive seen every game the Sooners have played the last 2 yrs, the good and the bad. Sadly, they let a golden opportunity a yr ago get by them. This yr, they are better prepared for anything that can be thrown at them than a yr ago. When OU got down to KSU, they didnt know how to react and self destructed on defense, and White couldnt bring them back. In the LSU game, they got down, but were more focused, White just couldnt lead them to victory. I still say if White was 100% vs LSU, they win that game. But he wasnt, and they didnt, and we will never know for sure. But he is healthy now, and has only been sacked 7 times on the yr. That OL opens huge holes for Peterson, and allows White time to carve you up. Call me an ignorant homer, but Ive seen both teams play multiple times and I just think OU looks faster, more physical and their attitude is we are going to kick your ass. While USC is more finesse, dink and dunk and hope a WR or Bush can take a short pass to the house. L White is going to be a no factor vs that front 7. The Sooner secondary will have its hands full, but they will have an answer for the trojans. Im not sure the trojans will have an answer for Peterson and White.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Lets just put it this way,  OU has an answer for everyone on the USC roster, but Bush.  OU will not let Bush beat them, as Sproles did last yr.  Im not saying Sproles was the greatest back by any means, but last yr he had a career day vs the Sooner D, and if you think Stoops and Co, have forgot about that, you are nuts.  Bush is the same kind of elusive back that can beat you in many ways.  But Stoops will have an answer.

I dont think USC offense is nearly as explosive as last yr, and OU imo is better than a year ago when it put 50 on 7 bowl teams.  The difference is OU can grind games out with a lead, where last yr, they had to throw to retain the ball. 

Some say Im a ignorant Homer, but Ive seen every game the Sooners have played the last 2 yrs,  the good and the bad.  Sadly, they let a golden opportunity a yr ago get by them.  This yr, they are better prepared for anything that can be thrown at them than a yr ago.  When OU got down to KSU, they didnt know how to react and self destructed on defense, and White couldnt bring them back.  In the LSU game, they got down, but were more focused, White just couldnt lead them to victory.  I still say if White was 100% vs LSU, they win that game.  But he wasnt, and they didnt, and we will never know for sure.  But he is healthy now, and has only been sacked 7 times on the yr.  That OL opens huge holes for Peterson, and allows White time to carve you up.  Call me an ignorant homer, but Ive seen both teams play multiple times and I just think OU looks faster, more physical and their attitude is we are going to kick your ass.  While USC is more finesse, dink and dunk and hope a WR or Bush can take a short pass to the house. L White is going to be a no factor vs that front 7.  The Sooner secondary will have its hands full, but they will have an answer for the trojans. Im not sure the trojans will have an answer for Peterson and White.

586460[/snapback]

You are in the minority. Most of the experts say that USC is the better team. Thank God that they have to play to see depending on outcomes this week. I have seen both play as well. OU can be exposed against the pass and the Trojans have the horses to expose them. Chow is known for exposing teams and OU will be no different. OU has not played an offense this good and balanced. USC will hoist the trophy if they play OU in the Orange Bowl.

You are in the minority. Most of the experts say that USC is the better team. Thank God that they have to play to see depending on outcomes this week. I have seen both play as well.  OU can be exposed against the pass and the Trojans have the horses to expose them.  Chow is known for exposing teams and OU will be no different. OU has not played an offense this good and balanced.  USC will hoist the trophy if they play OU in the Orange Bowl.

586479[/snapback]

balanced, who are you kidding. Where is the running game vs a quality defense. OU has played nto one but 2 better passing offenses already than USC.

USC is going down like a wh*ore in Spain neighborhood

balanced,  who are you kidding.  Where is the running game vs a quality defense.  OU has played nto one but 2 better passing offenses already than USC.

586694[/snapback]

Who would disagree with you Sarge? OU's D rocks, they just played Baylor, Nebraska and now Colorado..........aren't there a few NAIA teams that could shut these patsies out also :D

balanced,  who are you kidding.  Where is the running game vs a quality defense.  OU has played nto one but 2 better passing offenses already than USC.

586694[/snapback]

And OU hasn't played anyone like USC on both sides of the ball yet either. We'll see, Sarge, we'll see....

BTW, did you mean a Spanish neighborhood in general, or in Spain's (the Huddler) neighborhood? Does he live in a bad area?